TT001 Rerun: BMW 320 Turbo Group 5 @ Imola [PC/PS4/XB1] CRAP pCARS Event OPEN

Jesus you guys are too fast. I'm not sure how much left I have in me :lol:

1:44:699 @ImaRobot, Xbox One, lImarobotl, XB1 Pad

image.jpg

Well done, I'm guessing you largely made the time up in the chicane? Think I can make a second up on there and get into the 1:39's if I use all the track but will wait for patch and see what track limits are going to be.
Actually most of the time I made up was in the first half of the track. I'm terrible in that chicane whether if i run wide or not. The second half of the track I'm not that great.

Actually most of the time I made up was in the first half of the track. I'm terrible in that chicane whether if i run wide or not. The second half of the track I'm not that great.
Haven't checked your ghost but was going by sector times on the leaderboard: Link

I seem to make a lot of time up in first and last sector compared to you nearly 1.1 seconds, most of it in first sector and I think my slowest part is chicane where I can make something like a whole second up on there so I am guessing towards that. Even if you did it terribly, I think you got a good chance of making a lot of time on me on there.

I changed my gearing and a few other settings because I was getting terrible understeer. By the time I got to the 90 degree left I was already about 5 or 6 car lengths up on my 42 ghost. I just feel like the back section of the track I can do so much better then what I have been. My main issue right now is I get a lack of feel under braking. It's funny I can set brake bias predominantly towards the front and still loop the car under braking. I've messed with biases, my load cell on the pedal and still can't get the feel for braking in the game.

And who's this bmw guy? Now we have to chase him down. Lol..

I changed my gearing and a few other settings because I was getting terrible understeer. By the time I got to the 90 degree left I was already about 5 or 6 car lengths up on my 42 ghost. I just feel like the back section of the track I can do so much better then what I have been. My main issue right now is I get a lack of feel under braking. It's funny I can set brake bias predominantly towards the front and still loop the car under braking. I've messed with biases, my load cell on the pedal and still can't get the feel for braking in the game.

And who's this bmw guy? Now we have to chase him down. Lol..
Are you using ABS? It shows as also you using Stability Control and Traction Control. Maybe if you turn it off, you might have better feeling. I have left the brakes at stock apart from closing the ducts for more speed although probably doesn't help braking towards end of lap.

I think first sector you can gain a lot as I'm up like 7 tenths on that sector.

Don't know who he is but I think I could beat him by up to a second if I use more of the track, only did a few laps on this so far.

Are you using ABS? It shows as also you using Stability Control and Traction Control. Maybe if you turn it off, you might have better feeling. I have left the brakes at stock apart from closing the ducts for more speed although probably doesn't help braking towards end of lap.

I think first sector you can gain a lot as I'm up like 7 tenths on that sector.

Don't know who he is but I think I could beat him by up to a second if I use more of the track, only did a few laps on this so far.

I noticed it showed that. I have it set to realistic in the menu. I assumed that car didn't have any of those aids so I wasn't using any. Im about to fire the game up shortly. I'll set it to off and see if it feels any different. As far as I could tell though nothing was on because when I drive gt3 I can tell when the aids built into those cars are kicking in. Maybe it's just a bug, wouldn't be the only one with the game.

Leaderboard updated. Sorry I've been away.

This is my final time.

01:43:969 PS4/T500rs

I've knocked @Mr_D off the top of the PS4 leaderboard :P

View attachment 379990

Well done all CRAPpers (and all you little green men). That's a great time Copes. I'll be happy to get within 2 seconds of you. Haven't had a go since day 2 of this. Will try a slight tune and see.

1.40.395, @Saidur_Ali, PC, saidur_ali, G27

Did a few laps on this just to get top spot back as it was bugging me. Had a reasonably good first sector, poor second sector and a so so last sector. Probably another second in it with current setup I'm using.

View attachment 380934

Great time Saidur. But please give us a sniff. You must be almost finished by the time I reach the first corner.

Great time Saidur. But please give us a sniff. You must be almost finished by the time I reach the first corner.
Thanks, left a second on the table so more than enough to sniff at. If the aliens turn up, then even that might not be enough to keep up :scared:.

Saw @mister dog improve on leaderboard, if you crank up the boost pressure should help you do an even more competitive time.

Thanks, left a second on the table so more than enough to sniff at. If the aliens turn up, then even that might not be enough to keep up :scared:.

Saw @mister dog improve on leaderboard, if you crank up the boost pressure should help you do an even more competitive time.
Indeed, i was busy working on a tune so i could gain a couple of secs, but then the kids got home. Thanks for the tip though i'll up the boost.

General tuning tip; if you tune for fast times first start with the fuel load, silly me spent an hour working on the suspension/steering rack/dampers and when i reduced the fuel load from a full tank to 30 liters i was screwed as everything felt different :D

Indeed, i was busy working on a tune so i could gain a couple of secs, but then the kids got home. Thanks for the tip though i'll up the boost.

General tuning tip; if you tune for fast times first start with the fuel load, silly me spent an hour working on the suspension/steering rack/dampers and when i reduced the fuel load from a full tank to 30 liters i was screwed as everything felt different :D
In time trial mode shouldn't make a difference as IIRC it is fixed to 5 litres. Haven't tweaked the suspension settings, most of car settings are stock still for me. I wonder if there is some setting that makes a big difference. Think probably using h-shifter makes a difference so if someone used a macro they will probably gain an advantage of really fast shifting compared to automatic clutch.

The following post is eye-opening: Link

Well I've taken myself off bottom but nowhere near quick. 1:48.549 - I think it's still completely stock. I'm not sure I've managed to save the tuning set up changes correctly.

The leaderboards on PS4 are pretty unfriendly as you can't use a ghost for this car. The top times are too far down the "GT" Leaderboard and only the top 20 times by class ghosts can be used. Surely SMS can improve the console leaderboards. Even if we can't have them by individual car then make the classes roughly competitive.

11337124_714922951963513_2788955309665645360_o.jpg

It's a shame they don't have the individual car leaderboards. It would have been nice to see myself at number 1 instead of 183.

I think they are going to add friends leaderboards in the future.
I thought it was me but apparently ts not possible to see individual lap times per car. What a weird oversight... :S I hope they patch it in soon

I thought it was me but apparently ts not possible to see individual lap times per car. What a weird oversight... :S I hope they patch it in soon

It was mentioned before release by creative director Andy Tudor as a leaderboard limitation that Sony/Microsoft put in place. The PC version has full leaderboards.

Maybe SMS will find a way around it in future.

Don't worry, you can only threaten yourself i figure :D
There are plenty of fast people on this forum yet to give it a go so I will definitely have my work cut out and hope there is something in tuning that can make me keep up if they attempt this. So far @JerseyDriverSS is biggest threat as if he gets much more closer in first sector then he will be ahead of my current fastest lap and yes I'm threat to myself as I should be trying to do better laps :lol:.

Back