TT003 Yellowbird @ Watkins Glen Short [PC/PS4/XB1] CRAP pCARS Event OPEN

Real for me which I assume means none?
you are correct.

Today i had another go and went slightly quicker so here it is. I was actually about 0.4 quicker than the following time up to the last corner but had too much sliding. i think a high 13 maybe possible. i can go lower but a 13 is out of reach for me.

1:14.592 PC willfred_1 willfred_1 DFGT
2015-09-17_00003.jpg

Last edited:
Are you using your Nordschleife tune? If not, any suggestions (apart from getting better)?
Turn aids off and lower thetyre pressures.

The Car can be reluctant to turn so use the throttle and weight transfer get it pointing it in the right direction. Have a look at my steering inputs in my video and notice how little I'm turning the wheel but instead using the weight transfer and slip angles to get the car around the corner.
You'll also want to turn in early at turn 3 as the car will wash out.

I did manage to go quicker 1:14.2 but a real wheel went off slightly to far on the penultimate corner resulting in a dirty lap. So learn the limits as there really tough on this track.

Are you using your Nordschleife tune? If not, any suggestions (apart from getting better)?

Yes same tune did tweak roll bars tho, take a little of the back and add a bit to the front.
Good throttle control helps when coming down and up the hill, more so on the long sweeper.

Last edited:
Turn aids off and lower thetyre pressures.

The Car can be reluctant to turn so use the throttle and weight transfer get it pointing it in the right direction. Have a look at my steering inputs in my video and notice how little I'm turning the wheel but instead using the weight transfer and slip angles to get the car around the corner.
You'll also want to turn in early at turn 3 as the car will wash out.

I did manage to go quicker 1:14.2 but a real wheel went off slightly to far on the penultimate corner resulting in a dirty lap. So learn the limits as there really tough on this track.

Already doing these (possibly not well enough) Aids already off, Zak's tune in operation, gentle throttle control to help steering/weight balance, early steering etc. Just need to improve ;) I can see how I can eventually get into the 1:15's. You seem to change up a bit earlier than I do which might help with corner exit stability and earlier power delivery. I'll give it a go.

Yes same tune did tweak roll bars tho, take a little of the back and add a bit to the front.
Good throttle control helps when coming down and up the hill, more so on the long sweeper.

Cheers. I'll try the toolbars.

Just when I thought I was out...

1:15.440
View attachment 447911

Never say never

The car is only good for one lap. After that the brakes are gone, you can't slow the car down and the rear tires are probably overheating by then anyway.

Says the man who set his best time on lap 2 :lol:
I saw that but it must count the first lap on the restart as a lap. :ouch: You can clearly feel the brakes are gone because even in the first corner the braking distance is easily 100 feet longer.

I'm sure there are more of us out there
teach.gif

Yes, it would be nice if we could get a few more. A few other friends have tried the trial but aren't ready to share their times yet ;) Some of them are in the 1:20's + but they shouldn't worry about that. Posting my initially fairly slow times and learning from some of the video sharing aliens at the top is what has allowed me to improve my own times hugely. Most of the dozen or so people who have entered these 3 time trials have been lead by the fastest times in the world in the game for that car. There's no shame in being considerably slower than them.

Last edited:
Back