TT003 Yellowbird @ Watkins Glen Short [PC/PS4/XB1] CRAP pCARS Event OPEN

United Kingdom
Near Reading, Uk
JohnSchoonsBeard
CRAP pCARS Club presents the third in a series of time trials. Leaderboard will be kept open unless track limits change or there is similar good reason. Open to ALL formats whether PC, PS4 or XB1.

[Image to come. If anyone wants to create one before I get the time please feel free.]

Yellowbird @ Watkins Glen Short
Thanks to @mister dog

12017449_759485594173915_5115464911655428250_o.jpg

Tuning

If you want to use a tuning setup for the car load that from your main garage prior to selecting time trial. This setup will then be used in the time trail mode.

Instructions (based on PS4)

-Select "Time Trial" from main menu
-Track: Watkins Glen Short
-Class: Road
-Car: RUF CTR (Yellowbird - any colour)
-Drive superfast lap(s)
-Press pause
-Take photo of paused screen - share, upload and link in Facebook, Twitter, Flickr etc.
-Post link to pic in this thread along with the following info.
Lap-time (m:ss.nnn), GTP name, System (PS4/XB1/PC), PSN/XB1/Steam ID, Wheel or controller

e.g.
2:01.468 Esmie XB1 EsmieCRAPWitch Nimbus 300RS Broomstick

CRAP pCARS Club (PS4) is found below

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ed-race-sun-7-june-7pm-bst-gmt-1-open.327783/

12010611_759485614173913_5506726774395536413_o.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
So i had a lot of fun reaching a modest 2nd spot on the PC leaderboard this evening. Let's see how long that time lasts :):

7081zk.jpg

1:16:455

ps. Nice you chose the short layout @JohnScoonsBeard , i didn't know it before but it's a good one and easier to set a decent time.

Last edited:
So i had a lot of fun reaching a modest 2nd spot on the PC leaderboard this evening. Let's see how long that time lasts :):

7081zk.jpg

ps. Nice you chose the short layout @JohnScoonsBeard , i didn't know it before but it's a good one and easier to set a decent time.
About 3 hours:sly:

1:15.994, Johnnypenso, PC, Johnnypenso, Wheel (G27)

YBWGS.jpg

I've added those two times to the leaderboard but if people could try to remember to make sure to take a screenshot of the time from the pause menu on track we can see the track name too. By all means show the leaderboards too. Also console users might only be able to do that as we don't have leaderboards per car so your lap might not show up if you've driven the track faster in another road going car or not made the top 3000.

I hope to have a go later. I gave up trying the Yellowbird in green time trial as I couldn't keep it on the Norschleife after about failed 15 attempts (the last one ended a minute from the end). I may have said a bad word.

About 3 hours:sly:

1:15.994, Johnnypenso, PC, Johnnypenso, Wheel (G27)

View attachment 445121
Darn it! Luckily it's only half a second so there's still room to improve :D

I hope to have a go later. I gave up trying the Yellowbird in green time trial as I couldn't keep it on the Norschleife after about failed 15 attempts (the last one ended a minute from the end). I may have said a bad word.
Yeah track penalties seem quite harsh there, touch the grass and your time is invalidated and with the YB, driving for 20 km's without doing so requires a lot of finesse.

Darn it! Luckily it's only half a second so there's still room to improve :D

Yeah track penalties seem quite harsh there, touch the grass and your time is invalidated and with the YB, driving for 20 km's without doing so requires a lot of finesse.

I'm over 3 seconds off at the moment and I forgot to save the screenshot. It appears I'm the fastest in the PS4 world at the moment. More to come.

Edit
Make that under 3 seconds off
1.18.747 @JohnScoonsBeard PS4 JohnSchoonsBeard T300RS

Last edited:
Don't know if this helps but I was one and done with the YB at Watkins. After the first lap the tires were too hot to get in a good lap and I couldn't figure out how to keep them cool through tuning. I went with 1.5/1.0 camber and lowered the caster to 3.5 IIRC. Lowered the tire pressure on the right side to get the temps up. Fiddled with the LSD and I think I ended up with 35/40 Accel/Decel. Don't think I touched anything else.

If you don't get into the 1:14's i'll be disappointed
teach.gif
Will you be disappointed if I miss the 1:14's and get into the 1:13's instead? :lol:

Hard to know what limit might be though without trying this or seeing a video of this combo, maybe 1:14's is maximum. Tempted to give this a quick go, don't think I've driven on this track before and used this car and it's been over 2 months since I last played pCARS (04/07/2015) so will be interesting to see what changes have been made in patch 2.5 and patch 3.

Hard to know what limit might be though without trying this or seeing a video of this combo, maybe 1:14's is maximum. Tempted to give this a quick go, don't think I've driven on this track before and used this car and it's been over 2 months since I last played pCARS (04/07/2015) so will be interesting to see what changes have been made in patch 2.5 and patch 3.
Here's me doing a 1:16er last weekend:

Back