TTWRS Week 2: Mountain Climbing

• Thread starter Iceman
  • 91 comments
I might do that. Although I hate to change the height on my rider it may help in a few sectors, or just give me more confidnece in some corners.

Edit: OMG I just changed my rider from his usual 6'4" to the smallest 5'4". It looks like a litte kid stole my sportbike :(

/\ U said it Losi! I have my guy at 6'3" which is my height but if it yields better splits and such I may hire myself one of them horse jockey's...yeee haww!!!

Jerome

NielsG
Do you know if it'll change the performance or handling, Paul? Or is it just a graphic thing?

sorry niels, i'd only be guessing at an answer to that :)

back on the track, i've improved my t2 time to 1:13.210 this evening

managed 1.14.095 at T3 last nite. Should be able to hit mid 13s.

My rider height is 5'4" since that's my real height. I still clip the walls. haha.

Just recorded a 1'14.099 at T3, I'm still struggling in a few corners especially the off camber left hander just after the T3 split. :nervous:
Anyway here's a pic of yours truly (bike colours and leathers chosen by my girlfriend).

1:12.989 at t2 now. not too bad through the last 2 turns, so i think it's going ok at the mo' :)

so easy to lose a lap through that last chicane :banghead:

Another session and my T3 is at 1'14.363. Unfortunately with a weak finish. :dopey:

Slowly progressing in the game. Golded the novice and junior licenses. :D Only 2 expert and 8 super to go.

Too bad PD didn't make the license section larger in this game. The licenses has always been one of the highlights in the GT games IMHO. 👍

Not had much running on this one so far but I have done some clean laps and will post the splits up later on, I can't remember them off the top of my head?

Had some major issues with my PC that have had me up very late a couple of nights this week and away from the PS2.

Back soon.

Darren.

New time :D

T1: 19.4 (best 19.1)
T2: 42.7 (best 42.4)
T3: 1'12.4 (best 1'12.1)

Left at least .4 out there but I keep falling at the finish when I manage to better my t3 :banghead:

icemanshooter23
No, they're called Street in my game. Are you able to find them?
yes I have street and performance, I saw all your splits and am amazed how fast the first split is at 17, I was wondering if I was using the wrong tires, haha, nice times....

It's all about maintaining speed. Try braking more for the first part so as to get the best exit speed. Also, in the tunnel turn, stay in your tuck, even while braking for it.

icemanshooter23
It's all about maintaing speed. Try braking more for the first part so as to get the best exit speed. Also, in the tunnel turn, stay in your tuck, even while braking for it.
Thanks for the tips ice, 2 laps tryin that i improved a tad thanks again

well Im going to have to get my game together! after missing week 1, I need to make a decent showing in week 2! Lets see if I can make some magic happen before the deadline!

icemanshooter23
Whoopsies, that T1 is supposed to be 19 :banghead My bad.
Ok, i am Not crazy then, I was saying to myself, HOW THE HECK CAN I MAKE UP 2 Sec in the first sector! lol, I dont feel useless on this track anymore:)

New time again, with the help of a setup from curtis:

17.3/42.3/1'11.8

Finally broke the barrier I was aiming for :D

Submission :
All submissions must be sent to me by PM (Iceman).

* you can submit only once per race ;
* please include in your submission PM your division, name and time(s) ;
* deadline is tuesday 11th July 5 P.M. GMT

icemanshooter23
New time again, with the help of a setup from curtis:

17.3/42.3/1'11.8

Finally broke the barrier I was aiming for :D

whoo, that's a flyer :cool: tough target for me to chase, but i'll have a good try :D

HELP!

Anyone got any set up advice?

Not had much running this week with one thing and another hence my p*** poor splits so far.

T1 0'20.499
T2 0'45.321
T3 1'16.144 :(
FL bad'bad.bad!

Looks like you've got me covered in both WRS's this week Neil (flippin northern monkeys, touchy or what? :sly: :lol:). Any advance warning on the avatar? Britney, "cute" fluffy animals or anything pink and I shall leave the WRS with my tail between my legs for good. :nervous: :)

Edit: found another .5 @ T3, need to check it's clean though? May have strayed over the white line on the uphill section before T3. :nervous:

Mind you, this was only 5 laps in after meddling with the bike set-up.

Preload F6 R8
Rebound F4 R6
Bound F4 R8

Sports exhaust

Final gear 3.050 just tops out before the braking zone at the end of the straight. 👍

SuperT
Looks like you've got me covered in both WRS's this week Niel. Any advance warning on the avatar? Britney, "cute" fluffy animals or anything pink and I shall leave the WRS with my tail between my legs for good. :nervous: :)

I'll only give you warning, if you start spelling my name right!;)

Bloody southerners:lol: :lol:

Will give you some setup advice, when I work it out myself :crazy:

Neil

Look's like I might be keeping the Marcos this week Neil! :P

T1 0'20.657
T2 0'44.802
T3 1'15.658
FL 1 whole second faster 👍

Loads more time out there for me though because that lap was full of missed apex's and it looked like he was wearing sparkies!

Just need to get some decent times in with that bloody Corvette?!? :yuck:

I think my set-up up there^ might be a good starting point if anyone else is srtuggling, changed from stock to those and went faster straight away. I'm not saying they're good but it's a start. 👍

Back