TTWRS Week 3: Tzukuba

• Thread starter Iceman
  • 43 comments

Iceman

Staff Emeritus
United States
Wisconsin, USA
Time for a nice multilapper to test our consistency skills 👍 This is one of my favorite bikes in the game, it's lightweight and handles like a dream. You should be able to use the softest racing tires even with the tire wear, but it would be good to see some experimentation, even a mix of tire compounds :eek: I'm asking again for a picture this week even though I've got my USB driver working again. Details will be in 2nd post.

Week 2 : Yamaha TZ250 '03 @ Tsukuba

gtpttwrswk3-2.jpg

Game mode :
Arcade Mode / Race (not 1on1) / 3 Laps / Tsukuba

Bike/Race specifications :
Yamaha TZ250 '03: availaible as an unlock in challenge mode
  • +20 Power, -10 weight
  • Tires: Any Racing Tires
  • Driving Mode: Driver's Option
  • Failure Conditions: Off
  • AI Tires: Driver's Option
  • AI Difficulty: Driver's Option (not sure if there's an option for this)
  • Tire Wear: Strong
Race rules :
  • NO contact with the AI
  • 1 wheel on track at all time ;
  • rumble strips and all colored areas of pavement/rumble strips are considered part of the track ;
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible ;
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty ;
  • no hybrids ;
  • no cheating of any kind ;
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules ;
  • save your replay ('save best lap' icon).
Thread rules :
The following info cannot be discussed in the thread (they can however be discussed on chats or by other means) :
  • first lap time ;
  • any information which can be used to infer lap time.
  • fastest lap can be discussed, the other 2 laps (whether it be the 1st and 2nd or 1st and 3rd laps) cannot be discused
Submission :
All submissions must be sent to me by PM (Iceman).
  • you can submit only once per race ;
  • please include in your submission PM your division, name and time(s) ;
  • deadline is tuesday 18th July 5 P.M. GMT
Time verification :
Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after the time has been submitted.
  • fastest times each week will be required to submit with verification ;
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request ;
  • when a time verification has been required, the concerned racer must provide a replay before next race deadline ;
  • failure to do so will result in the submitted time to be removed for the WRS results and/or GTPlanet Times Database ;
  • video replays are not accepted, .DAT replays via USB drive ARE accepted and are encouraged

Thread Picture "Contest"

If anyone would like to take a picture for the thread, I am leaving it open for 24 hours. Then, tomorrow I will pick the best photo for the thread. Maybe I'm just lazy but I think this may be fun for those of you who are into photomode 👍. if it goes well we can do it each week.

Just a little heads up, it seems there may be a problem with the free race mode and setting the number of laps, it seems to be named differently in the PAL version. I may have to change the race so it's best if you don't start racing yet. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

Edit: Everything should be sorted out, if there are any naming discrepancies or problems between the 2 versions let me know 👍

Not just that Ben!

In the PAL version we only have the Yamaha TZ250 '03 not the '05!
Plus we don't have 'free race' we have 'race events' and would have to go into the '250cc competition model series'/race one!
And it's set to 5 laps!

Why, oh why, couldn't the pillocks at PD have kept it all the same?

The only way of running a variable lap length race in the PAL version is to run it in arcade mode, and still we don't have the '05 model of the TZ250 just the '03.

Neil

OK!

Just saw the changes to the first post. But we still don't have an '05 version!

I think I made a mistake on the year of the bike, it should be the same between the 2 versions. But still, I don't understand why they can't name everything the same in both versions :confused:

my lap is set to 2...

what do i do ice?

Edit: Never mind... go to options.. click on arcade and put 3 laps as well as the tire wear to strong.

I doubt it :lol:

Jsut one thing, please edit your posts in the future instead of posting a new one ;)

icemanshooter23
I doubt it :lol:

Jsut one thing, please edit your posts in the future instead of posting a new one ;)

Sorry.. I'm done for the day.. I saved my replay.. and it was all clean. I can maybe pull another second out of this but that is all.

What is everyone else doing??

Marko out

No AI contact!!???!?!??

(A little "Philadelphia Experiment" from my 125 challenge)

BTW, I hate this track!!! Something psychological, ever since the first "guide lap" license test in GT4 with that stinking Mini, I think it was. If the qualifier had been here, there would have had to be a Div IV for me. :(

i don't know why but i really do think i'm a better two stroke driver.

i really like corner speed... :D

we'll see what happens this round... i'm really curious.

Best lap time of 57.743, tricky trying not to run into ai, had to brake late and run out wide then turn in and get drive past ai who take the inside line to avoid being hit from behind and was so close to being hit from behind at chicane. also was very close to cutting the chicane but kept it on the kerb.

tz250---1.jpg

Fastest laps so far was a 59.975.

@ pmc40, if the AI keeps crashing into you in the braking area's, put them on harder tyres, they'll have to brake sooner. Or you'll have to brake later? :sly: :)

i think i may sit this one out. I did a session 30 minute session and only managed 2 clean races with absolutely rubbish laptimes. The AI bike's really pissing me off.

Don't get discouraged that easily.. if you're doing good lap times you should easily find a way around them...

Suggestions:

1. Take out position number 3 with a pass to the inside the first hairpin and then square the corner off and take him to the inside before you have that two corner right...

2. Take out number 2 in the back hairpin inside, and square the corner off again, or just draft him on the back straight.

3. And position number 1.. just take him as I mentioned... square off the corner.

Vermeulen
Don't get discouraged that easily.. if you're doing good lap times you should easily find a way around them...

Suggestions:

1. Take out position number 3 with a pass to the inside the first hairpin and then square the corner off and take him to the inside before you have that two corner right...

2. Take out number 2 in the back hairpin inside, and square the corner off again, or just draft him on the back straight.

3. And position number 1.. just take him as I mentioned... square off the corner.

Thanks for the tips. I recall that's how i won the TZR250 challenge as well. I'll give it another go but so far I've only managed 1'00"xxx. I admit it's a challenge but I lack the patience.

lsim001
i think i may sit this one out. I did a session 30 minute session and only managed 2 clean races with absolutely rubbish laptimes. The AI bike's really pissing me off.
I understand, only time I get a decent time the AI bumps me off or ruins my line also and this week I dont have much time to play too much :(

i improved my overall time yesterday, but not my best lap. got the ai running hard tyres now
and that's helped clear certain turns for better lines

i've an idea of the the 3 laptimes that i want, just need to translate that idea to the track :D

tz250tsukuba.jpg

750F-RM
i improved my overall time yesterday, but not my best lap. got the ai running hard tyres now
and that's helped clear certain turns for better lines

i've an idea of the the 3 laptimes that i want, just need to translate that idea to the track :D

tz250tsukuba.jpg

how do you set what tyres the AI run? or do they run on what tyres you select?

Back