Tuned Z06 Daytona oval

• Thread starter Cizar39
  • 29 comments
Does anyone have settings for this race, it seems they are much faster online, but the turning seems heavy, does anyone have good settings for this track? Thanks

Last I checked I was in position #102....but I'll have to get home before I can see my settings.

It's sort of frustrating not being able to adjust camber for left/right side. Since that would help immensely.

heres what I run on 700pp daytona

power -5
weight 115%
Aero 12/20
tires R3/R1
ride hight -5/-10
spring 6/5
damper 4/3
toe 0
camber -1.7/ -0.7
max steering angle 42
TC off
ABS 2

gears
1 2.660
2 1.780
3 1.300
4 1.00
5 .777
6 .565
final 4.500

will run about 195-198 without a draft if you get a good run off the corner corner exit speeds are about 178 out of 2 and about 180 out of turn 4 fastest Ive dove off in to turn 1 and held it was 215

I just HAD to post... been running this race a lot. I was pretty happy with my setup, but, no matter what, there was one guy that would always be right there with me. (usually passing me)

The second I saw Zodicus post his settings, I had to pop in and attest to their goodness. I like racing with Zodicus. He runs a clean race, and the settings seem solid. \

I'll be sure to scope em out.

Like what you did with the tires... car seemed heavy to me, though. Gotta admit, the thing accelerates. I mixed/matched what you did and I think i knocked like .3-.5 seconds off of a lap. Nice!

give me a few and I'll PM you my blitz's setting that thing is fun. It will smoke the vette in the draft and corners just as good.

o and with the way I got it set up you gotta be smooth if you jerk on the wheel (stick for me) or apply the gass to fast it will push up the corner once its setelled in the corner it really goes like stink though :P for both the vette and the blitz

Here's mine.
HP -9
weight 115
tyres R3/R3
DF 16/20

RH -10/-10
Sb 7/4
Sr 5/3
toe 0/0
camber 2.2/ 1.1
brakes 5/10
steering angle 30
TCS off
ABS 1

Only change 5th gear to .770

This setup ran me a 48.064 all by myself. very simple to use and after a couple of practice laps you will have it going on good. Just slam on the brakes once you are going into the turn and slow down until about 175 (depending on how heroic you feel) and slam back on the gas with full steering. It WILL get sideways, but the wing on the back straightens it out by itself so nothing to worry about, no need to lift.
Enjoy it as much as I have tonight.

This setup ran me a 48.064 all by myself. very simple to use and after a couple of practice laps you will have it going on good. Just slam on the brakes once you are going into the turn and slow down until about 175 (depending on how heroic you feel) and slam back on the gas with full steering. It WILL get sideways, but the wing on the back straightens it out by itself so nothing to worry about, no need to lift.

Just to be informative, you should try and strive for faster corner entry speed. Right now I'm entering the turns at 194mph at full throttle, and I never lift the entire track. Corner exit is about 185.

If you're oversteering that's not good, I would try and get some traction back there, either by adding more downforce or more importantly adjust your brake bias. The fronts have better stopping power anyway, but again...you really don't need the brakes.

he may have been having some understeering issues, so he decided to loosen up the rear end to get some rotation out of it. maybe...

been playing with the vette set up after watching some replays i noticed it bottoms out hard a lot. prob gives it the squrimermyness when you have to lift. Bonzo nice job on those lap times thats faster than I go with it. I never tryied to go WOT all the way though. If you want to satbilize it add a fair amout of ridehight I think i got it at +10/+5 now for racing.

Just to be informative, you should try and strive for faster corner entry speed. Right now I'm entering the turns at 194mph at full throttle, and I never lift the entire track. Corner exit is about 185.

If you're oversteering that's not good, I would try and get some traction back there, either by adding more downforce or more importantly adjust your brake bias. The fronts have better stopping power anyway, but again...you really don't need the brakes.

OKOK wait what did you change then? Im entering turn one at 201MPH and exit about 181-182

well, I enter the turn at 205-207 but slow down to 175 to be able to make the turn on the bottom of the track. Exit is about 185-188, once I managed to exit turn 2 at 191mph.

If it makes a difference I use the SixAxis.

EDIT:
I've been trying to avoid it but as evryone else is mismatching tyres, if you can't beat 'em join 'em.

well, I enter the turn at 205-207 but slow down to 175 to be able to make the turn on the bottom of the track. Exit is about 185-188, once I managed to exit turn 2 at 191mph.

If it makes a difference I use the SixAxis.

EDIT:
I've been trying to avoid it but as evryone else is mismatching tyres, if you can't beat 'em join 'em.

nascar staggers tires as dose evey series that runs oval I would emagine but we cant do that in GT nor can we run a diffrent camber on the insde witch would help ALOT, so the different tiers makes up for it :)

nascar staggers tires as dose evey series that runs oval I would emagine but we cant do that in GT nor can we run a diffrent camber on the insde witch would help ALOT, so the different tiers makes up for it :)

exactly. We need to run positive camber on one side and negative on the other...but the game isn't that advanced.

I know that I was running different tires in the rear to cut down on the understeer I was experiencing.

Yeah my mid corner speeds are around 175ish in the vette and about 180 in the blitz

really? Mid cirner speed for me in the vete is 180 also, if you have a JP version of the game we should hook up one day 💡

power -5
weight 115%
Aero 12/20
tires R3/R1
ride hight -5/-10
spring 6/5
damper 4/3
toe 0
camber -1.7/ -0.7
max steering angle 42
TC off
ABS 2

gears
1 2.660
2 1.780
3 1.300
4 1.00
5 .777
6 .565
final 4.500

will run about 195-198 without a draft if you get a good run off the corner corner exit speeds are about 178 out of 2 and about 180 out of turn 4 fastest Ive dove off in to turn 1 and held it was 215

Cheers man because of you I just got first gold online and can now get laps times of 47secs cheers

power -5
weight 115%
Aero 12/20
tires R3/R1
ride hight -5/-10
spring 6/5
damper 4/3
toe 0
camber -1.7/ -0.7
max steering angle 42
TC off
ABS 2

gears
1 2.660
2 1.780
3 1.300
4 1.00
5 .777
6 .565
final 4.500

Thanks! This worked great for me, (with a wheel) and I think that the extra weight helps to fend off the bumpers. I had some jerk (smoove1) in a Clio (a Clio!!) trying desperately to drive me off the road every time I tried to pass him, and I just shrugged him off. Later, when he tried to bump me from behind, I tapped the brakes and sent him spinning off into the wall. 👍

I had never thought about the weight that way, good point. My reasoning for the weight when setting this up was, I was more than happy with how it handled in the corners and my corner speeds. So I started to up the weight and HP until I felt I couldn't go any heavier with out loosing corner speed.
Basically the same thing that led me to stagger the tires, theres still a PP hit for the R3's up front vs the R1's out back, but theres no extra drag like there would be to get the same grip using down-force.

I'm not really great at tuning for Daytona, but I'm running a shade under 46 at the moment, or 46.0xx-46.1 on the white lines.

I had never thought about the weight that way, good point. My reasoning for the weight when setting this up was, I was more than happy with how it handled in the corners and my corner speeds. So I started to up the weight and HP until I felt I couldn't go any heavier with out loosing corner speed.
Basically the same thing that led me to stagger the tires, theres still a PP hit for the R3's up front vs the R1's out back, but theres no extra drag like there would be to get the same grip using down-force.

August 1 update screwed up the settings. This setup leaves you over 700 now. :grumpy:

Now it's 750pp.

My best lap time is 45.31 Z06 tuned but I hit default settings by mistake and now I don't remember what settings I had LOL. I tried the setup above but I can't even keep the car straight even in a straight line with the R3,S1 Combo.

Edit: Been trying for 2 hours and cant get it to run 45sec laps. Getting ready to through this damn ps3 and game off my balcony:(

Last edited:
Back