Tuning help for Mercedes F1 W08 - Rear end keeps spinning out!!

• Thread starter JStarchy
  • 15 comments
Australia
Australia
Does anyone know how to get around this?

I’ve tried setting downforce to Max on the rear and the car keeps spinning out on low speed corners!
Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!

It's not a setting prblem, the car have a bug right now that cause this spinning due to torque coming all together when release the brakes.
PD need to fix this first , for sure i will work on it post fix. It 's a fantastic car out of this.

Yeah, the cars a P.O.S right now, wait for the patch, which should be out really soon. Tried lots of tunes over a few hours...nothing same problems.

I encountered the same reaction from the car as I first drove it. I quickly found out that ~ delaying the down-shift ~ after the apex, as you accelerate out of the corner, keeps the over-steer in control. For instance, if the optimized gear ratio out of the corner is 2nd, approach the corner in 3rd, after rounding the apex - down-shift into 2nd as you accelerate. Try it! tell me how it works for you.

I sure hope they do make it better, or it's going to be three more unfinished events like the F1500. As I get older my reflexes just aren't quick enough. The car has already "done something" by the time I react :scared:

Just don't use anything less than 4th gear in the slow corners, it wont spin out that easily and you can still win the events without much problems.

It's a hard car to drive that's for sure, but what I did was not to turn the wheels before I had released the breaks and when the gear change was done, so I had to break way earlier than I do with any other car and after 5-6 tries I managed to win the Nürburgring GP race, automatic gearbox and standard PS4 controller, no tuning, just racing soft tires:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180802223815.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180802224017.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180802223858.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180802223940.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180802223952.jpg

Last edited:
Change the LSD settings to the following
INITIAL TORQUE: 20
ACCELERATION SENSITIVITY:25
BRAKING SENSITIVITY: 25

It now drives like a formula car should.
Also remember to keep some throttle on during braking to stabilise the rear axle

It's not a setting prblem, the car have a bug right now that cause this spinning due to torque coming all together when release the brakes.
PD need to fix this first , for sure i will work on it post fix. It 's a fantastic car out of this.

Best advice so far, from memory in GT5 the formula cars had a similar problem, GT6 it was fixed. The best handling formula car was the Ferrari F1 car in GT5 prologue. Also I don't seem to get the same scene of speed with the Mercedes.

I added downforce, more to the front than to the rear and did not touch anything else. I drive with Automatic and ABS weak, no other aids. Car drives just fine if you do 2 things, brake only in a straight line, you can trail brake lightly if needed but a quick stab of the brakes should be enough to slow enough for most corners. 2nd thing on very slow turns keep a little throttle on, it will help to anchor the rear end. I got down to the 1.29's so far at Suzuka but have not spent much time at any one track with it, I was just trying to complete campaign mode. Now I gotta figure out how to get my X-Bow to drive again at BMB to farm credits and XP, the tire model change made a huge difference on the thing for me.

Some people (not me!) seem to be able to adapt to the spinning out problem, but I find it very hard to believe that the real car behaves in this way. I think Lewis Hamilton would have quite a bit to say to Toto Wolff...

I am braking, shift one down, coast to the apex and if i am hearing the revs again i am shiftig down as fast as possible... i needed around 1 hour to get into this, now its quite fun..i hope PD fixes that soon...

I am braking, shift one down, coast to the apex and if i am hearing the revs again i am shiftig down as fast as possible... i needed around 1 hour to get into this, now its quite fun..i hope PD fixes that soon...

Hard to tell what you re doing with the gas pedal without full HUD but it looks like what makes that work is being on the gas slightly mid corner, that sticks the rear of the car.

Hard to tell what you re doing with the gas pedal without full HUD but it looks like what makes that work is being on the gas slightly mid corner, that sticks the rear of the car.

yes ok in vr theres almost no HUD - but the second part of the video, the TV part is showing the full hud

yes ok in vr theres almost no HUD - but the second part of the video, the TV part is showing the full hud

OK you are correct, I didn't watch that far the first time. Looks like you're at part throttle thru the slow corners unless the car is doing that by itself. I race with a wheel, I couldn't get thru the 2nd turn of the chicane at Suzuka until I kept throttle slightly on, kept spinning on me, now I do it on all corners.
That Merc really flies!!! Im down to 1:30 at Suzuka so far and I only did enough to finish campaign mode. Im sure with a 1/2 hour of practice I will knock off another 2 seconds and probably more with more time behind the wheel. I cant believe how fast it is thru the S's at Suzuka. Gotta learn how to drive it though, at St Croix it seems like the right angle corners you just stab the brake quick before turning and as soon as you turn the wheel get right back on the gas. Seems like the more speed you carry thru the corner the faster you can take the corner because you have more downforce. If you drive it too slow it seems like thats as fast as you can corner due to the reduced downforce but you have to keep going faster and faster till you find the limit. Its really different thinking compared to Gr3 and Gr4 cars.

Latest Posts

Back