Turbo's Course Creations | - Castle Creek now with video!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 20 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
thread_banner2.png

castlecreek_banner.png

So most of you that have been around here for a while and had some interest in the GT5 course creator would have seen my personal creations thread. I sometimes spent HOURS creating just one track, tweaking things ever so gently to get them just right. Like, changing the radius of a turn just so that the rumble strips would appear. :P And so for that reason alone I am ecstatic that we can place our own strips this time! Woot!

My goal with this thread is to share my creations from the new GT6 course creator, most of which will be fictional circuits that focus on having great flow and are fun to drive alone or with friends. If I re-create a real life circuit, I will have it up for share on my account but will not list them here. I want to concentrate on making fantastic fictional locations.

If you are not sure how to acquire created circuits without a friend request, see tutorial HERE.

You can access my created circuits HERE.

Fictional Circuits
  • Windgate Ranch
    • Photos
    • Video
  • Oro Valley Raceway
    • Photos
    • Video
  • Castle Creek
  • Thixton
    • Photos
    • Video
  • Buena Vista
    • Photos
    • Video
  • Arizola Raceway
    • Photos
    • Video
  • Glenridge Country Club
    • Photos
    • Video
  • Fullerton Raceway
    • Photos
    • Video

Last edited:
Dubai Autodrome Grand Prix Circuit is now up. It's mostly correct, except for the hairpin at the end of the long back straight. I couldn't get it to go around tight enough. :( Also, the drop in elevation to the first corner is obviously missing. Some of the corners should have more camber, but when you add camber it makes the track bumpy and I didn't like that.

And lastly, it might be a bit narrow but I couldn't find a track width spec for Dubai so I guessed and it might be a little off. So it is what it is. If someone knows how to get that hairpin tighter, I can fix it and reupload. 👍

Feedback welcome. :)

Reducing the corner radius is suppose to be able to make tighter turns because it brings the track sides in closer to the racing surface. Not sure how much that will change it though.

Reducing the corner radius is suppose to be able to make tighter turns because it brings the track sides in closer to the racing surface. Not sure how much that will change it though.
Yeah I've been doing that but still couldn't get it.

Yeah I've been doing that but still couldn't get it.
You need to reduce the radius before and after your intended target to achieve max effectiveness. I suspect you have already discovered this but others might not have yet.

You need to reduce the radius before and after your intended target to achieve max effectiveness. I suspect you have already discovered this but others might not have yet.
I did. In fact the whole track has been reduced. 👍

Just added Buttonwillow Raceway Park. A few distinct hills are missing, but overall the real track is relatively flat so this one feels pretty close. Surprisingly the front straight was the perfect length to get this one close to proper scale. 👍 Just wish the pit lane was on the other side of the straight, but whatever. :P

Just added High Plains Raceway in Colorado. Layout is nearly the same, missing the obvious 300 foot elevation change. Also had to put the pit lane on the longer straight since it wouldn't accurately fit on the shorter straight where it should go.

No feedback on posted circuits?

Just posted Oro Valley Speedway using the Eifel Flat theme because it is based on a real life location, however the real track is too small to replicate 100% and the location is top secret. ;) This one works well for cars of all types.

I remember how amazing your tracks on GT5 were. Will be giving your tracks a go at some point.

I've decided to do a Course Maker showcase on my YouTube channel. Below is the video of your Windgate Ranch track.

I quite like your track. Very difficult in places and sometimes tricks drivers into thinking it's an open corner when it isn't.

I quite like your track. Very difficult in places and sometimes tricks drivers into thinking it's an open corner when it isn't.
I might actually get rid of that one, I've learned quite a bit since I made it and I know it can be better. I have a couple more that I will share shortly that are much better than this one. 👍

I might actually get rid of that one, I've learned quite a bit since I made it and I know it can be better. I have a couple more that I will share shortly that are much better than this one. 👍
Don't remove it. It's a fantastic track.

Added Buena Vista and Arizola Raceway fictional circuits. Buena Vista is good for pretty much anything, while Arizola starts off with a very tight technical section and some good speed in the middle sections. This one is a little narrow and recommended for lower PP cars.

Obviously these are highly recommended. Spent hours on both and it was worth it. :)

I'm working on getting videos together for the tracks. Slow going at first since they are going on my YouTube channel which I am trying to make a bit more professional, but once I get the first one out the rest should follow quickly.

Added a couple more tracks. Trying to get video of them all but it's been slow going. The last video I recorded the sound wasn't sync'd with the video so I have to re-record it.

Instead of removing it, why not just upgrade it?

Back