Turn 10 Is Not Making Forza Motorsport 8 (Yet)

Hmmm, well I am a big fan of FM, as opposed to FH. It was only a couple of months ago that I got FH2, (to boost my Forza VIP score, really). Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Horizon, and it has a lot of things I do enjoy about it. And I am actually excited to get FH4 from the release. But my heart lies with the racing of Forza Motorsport. I enjoy racing on the Racing Tracks, as opposed to open world racing. In my opinion that's where the fun is. But everyone has their own opinion. I still have scraps of paper in notebooks for times and cars dating back to Forza 2 and Forza 3. I don't even need the online racing! Okay, so not everybody is a geek like me. LOL

Hmmm, well I am a big fan of FM, as opposed to FH. It was only a couple of months ago that I got FH2, (to boost my Forza VIP score, really). Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Horizon, and it has a lot of things I do enjoy about it. And I am actually excited to get FH4 from the release. But my heart lies with the racing of Forza Motorsport. I enjoy racing on the Racing Tracks, as opposed to open world racing. In my opinion that's where the fun is. But everyone has their own opinion. I still have scraps of paper in notebooks for times and cars dating back to Forza 2 and Forza 3. I don't even need the online racing! Okay, so not everybody is a geek like me. LOL

I'm with you on this, not even into the online racing. I got the first FH game and thought it was neat, just something different. But there is something to be said for putting all of that horsepower on a real circuit, logging laps, and chipping away at your best lap time. FM will ALWAYS be better than FH to me, and I can only hold out hope for an IndyCar expansion, or at least the new 2018 car, because it is absolutely gorgeous in every sense of the word.

Motorsport is just the game I play while waiting for a new Horizon to come out.

Not even this for me anymore. I play more PCars 2 and AC while i wait for FH4 and ACC Early Access.
FM7 lacks in too many aspects except cars and track count. It's not even graphically or sound wise superior anymore. At least those two aspects always were top notch. But to me PCars2 on a high end PC looks definitely better. And AC feels better. So to me there is literally nothing of substance that would bring me to FM7 over the others.
Also i see the cuts they did graphically to make it run 60fps on consoles and native 4k on the X. You can see it on the intensity of shadows. Shadows are very pale in this game, sometimes the image has no depth and feels a bit bland. Where there should be a shadow from an object there is barely something darker on the ground. And the shadows you have are baked in. They are always in the same position no matter where the sun ist. And this looks awkward at times. Also the reflections tend to be very poor on opponents cars. Sometimes they look as if they were left unfinished.

Last edited:
It's not even graphically or sound wise superior anymore. At least those two aspects always were top notch.
Graphically they weren't going to be out GTS, and sounds, I don't think they ever were superior most this generation. They're still high, its just lots of games are coming out, so you can't expect them to trump everything.

But to me PCars2 on a high end PC looks definitely better. And AC feels better. So to me there is literally nothing of substance that would bring me to FM7 over the others.
Yeah, PCars on PC does look pretty wonderful, and to be honest, you should expect AC to feel better. These games have completely different goals, with each having their own strong points and weakpoints. I don't think either of the three could be replaced with each other, in my opinion.

Back