Turn 10 Reveals New Details on Forza Motorsport 8

Another confirmed car for Forza Motorsport (XBOX Series X/PC) found on Reddit! The 2014 Dodge Viper SRT GTS-R!

Sweet!! Another car confirmed and what do you know, it's the 2014 Dodge Viper SRT GTS-R! Could this mean we would hopefully see all cars return? Will have to wait and see, but what a excellent find! Thanks for sharing!!!

Just reading the comments on the Forza Motorsport trailers, and my goodness, the fanbase is at it again.

"WhErE iS fOrZa HoRiZoN 5?!"

A new Forza Horizon game is not going to come before a new Forza Motorsport game. Be patient please.

"TuRn 10 StUdIoS/PlAyGrOuNd GaMeS aRe LaZy!"

Game development is a very tough job and career. I did a game development course back in 2018, and it can get stressful, especially during crunch time.

"WhY cAn'T fOrZa MoToRsPoRt Be ReLeAsEd ThIs YeAr?!"

Do you want another rushed game like Forza Motorsport 5?

Seriously, some of the fans need to grow up and stop whining.

Just reading the comments on the Forza Motorsport trailers, and my goodness, the fanbase is at it again.

A new Forza Horizon game is not going to come before a new Forza Motorsport game. Be patient please.

Game development is a very tough job and career. I did a game development course back in 2018, and it can get stressful, especially during crunch time.

Same with those people who are wishing for less cars.

Don't mind those people man. It's just the same ol' same ol' rents we've heard over years how T10 is this, T10 is that. Just the same old stuff my dude. It's good T10 is taking the time to work on this Motorsport (something most people had wanted in the past), and I imagine it'll come out next year on fall 2021.

Than we will have the same people show up to say how it's "still crap", but later find out T10 is including things they had wanted for sooooo long, like clubs, a ranking system, and so forth.

At the mean time, we'll just have to play Project No Pitlanes 3, Motorstorm-wannabe 5, Gran Nostalgia 7, etc. Trust me, it's not worth getting frustrated over folks spooling the same stuff. At least T10 is trying innovate this time around. 👍

Interesting because, when you think about it, SMS is trying so hard to play off pCARS3 as a "sim". When, in reality, it's not. Lol!
What stops PC3 from being a sim? Personally, I haven't played it yet, so I'm keen to know your first hand impressions.

What stops PC3 from being a sim?
When you take out some of the important elements that you "simulated" in the past, such as tire wear and fuel consumption. I'm still going to buy the game so I couldn't care less about those, so I'm leaving it at that.

Unfortunately, a lot of the fans want to get rid of the "joke" cars. Honestly, what is fun without joke cars?
I personally think that they should have all the “joke”/concept cars in the Horizon series and have only “normal” and race cars in the Motorsport series. It may not be the case, but it seems like for every Cadillac Limo they put in, the are leaving out another historical race car or 90s super car that have yet to be featured in a video game. I get why they put the jokey cars in the game, however there are just other vehicles that seem more appropriate to me that I would rather see instead.

When you take out some of the important elements that you "simulated" in the past, such as tire wear and fuel consumption. I'm still going to buy the game so I couldn't care less about those, so I'm leaving it at that.
I don't think that disqualifies it as a sim though, certainly they are making that aspect less of a simulation that it was in PC2, but what if the driving physics are better? Is it still less of a sim overall? I guess that will depend on personal preferences. But importantly, a game doesn't need to simulate everything to be a sim, I was going to say most games don't, but that's not true, because no game simpulates everything it needs to to be a perfect simulation of what it's imitating.

I don't think that disqualifies it as a sim though, certainly they are making that aspect less of a simulation that it was in PC2, but what if the driving physics are better? Is it still less of a sim overall? I guess that will depend on personal preferences. But importantly, a game doesn't need to simulate everything to be a sim, I was going to say most games don't, but that's not true, because no game simpulates everything it needs to to be a perfect simulation of what it's imitating.
Yeah, I guess it does come down to a matter of preference. It's just how I feel if that makes sense. But the last part, I couldn't disagree with that at all. 👍

I don't think any game will ever simulate real life haha. :P

Last edited:
Unfortunately, a lot of the fans want to get rid of the "joke" cars. Honestly, what is fun without joke cars?
That’s a good question, and I’m gonna have to defend my argument on the massive car list with this statement:

In the end, this is still a racing video game. If Horizon is all about free roam arcade racing, then Motorsport is an attempt at simulation, where even the craziest/wackiest cars nobody would ever dare of driving in real life can be simulated, as the impossible is very much possible. Even if Motorsport and Horizon are of the Forza brand, there is a big difference.

We all know that Forza also takes the similar approach of Gran Turismo where any ordinary car can be raced and tuned to such a level.

Why? Because again, no matter how realistic or how seriously-focused a racing game would ever aim to be, be it something borderline unrealistic as Mario Kart or more hardcore simulations like Assetto Corsa Competizione, they are still racing video games. And even then, we should never forget to have fun. Fun is always a very important factor in any game.

I do like me some good proper road and racing cars, but I also love the sense of variety and automotive diversity that Forza is so well known for, especially since it’s Motorsport we’re talking about. It brings all kinds of players, racers and petrolheads like most of us together, whether we are driving the most advanced race cars, dream hyper/supercars, JDM/muscle/classics, SUV’s, trucks, off-roaders or the plain wacky and oddball cars.

I am also looking forward to what fruit the Forza x IMSA collaboration would bear, even if nothing has come forth till now.

I definitely like serious, competitive racing, but I also like to have fun and experiment with many types of cars as well throughout my experiences in Motorsport games.

And plus, with the more realistic physics for this next game, this opens up new possibilities for cars that require complex physics systems (e.g. Morgan 3-Wheeler, Peel P50/Trident and Reliant Supervan) to be simulated with this newer physics system.

And because all the cars in the latest installments starting from Motorsport 6 and onwards are future-proofed with the Forza-tech engine, the only things they would need to do is to polish them with ray-tracing and to implement the new, more realistic physics system built for the game. The only problem that will have to be faced with is licensing though. Another would be a massive overhaul of the divisions system which Turn Ten can easily manage. And take note, this is also a PC game, and that both Motorsport 7 and Horizon 4 are also PC games, built on the same engine.

A lot of these people keep pushing their invalid argument of wanting less cars on the guise of “quality over quantity”, but in reality, they just want to make it a bit like the Project CARS series whose car lists, while they have an awesome race car selection, the rest of the other cars just feel very bland and mundane, and very miniscule compared to how Forza traditionally is.

In short, while offering a newer and more realistic driving experience, Turn Ten shouldn’t forget how they built Forza on, especially with the cars that they are so well known for, otherwise a similar situation to Motorsport 5 would happen, and would disappoint everybody. There’s always gotta be something for everybody, and even with the more realistic experience, they would still aim to make it accessible to players of all abilities.

And last, but not least, if these players don’t like these cars, they are not entitled to drive them, but this wouldn’t change the fact that they are a part of Forza, especially Motorsport and not just Horizon.

Last edited:
That’s a good question, and I’m gonna have to defend my argument on the massive car list with this statement:

In the end, this is still a racing video game. If Horizon is all about free roam arcade racing, then Motorsport is an attempt at simulation, where even the craziest/wackiest cars nobody would ever dare of driving in real life can be simulated, as the impossible is very much possible. Even if Motorsport and Horizon are of the Forza brand, there is a big difference.

We all know that Forza also takes the similar approach of Gran Turismo where any ordinary car can be raced and tuned to such a level.

Why? Because again, no matter how realistic or how seriously-focused a racing game would ever aim to be, be it something borderline unrealistic as Mario Kart or more hardcore simulations like Assetto Corsa Competizione, they are still racing video games. And even then, we should never forget to have fun. Fun is always a very important factor in any game.

I do like me some good proper road and racing cars, but I also love the sense of variety and automotive diversity that Forza is so well known for, especially since it’s Motorsport we’re talking about. It brings all kinds of players, racers and petrolheads like most of us together, whether we are driving the most advanced race cars, dream hyper/supercars, JDM/muscle/classics, SUV’s, trucks, off-roaders or the plain wacky and oddball cars.

I am also looking forward to what fruit the Forza x IMSA collaboration would bear, even if nothing has come forth till now.

I definitely like serious, competitive racing, but I also like to have fun and experiment with many types of cars as well throughout my experiences in Motorsport games.

And plus, with the more realistic physics for this next game, this opens up new possibilities for cars that require complex physics systems (e.g. Morgan 3-Wheeler, Peel P50/Trident and Reliant Supervan) to be simulated with this newer physics system.

And because all the cars in the latest installments starting from Motorsport 6 and onwards are future-proofed with the Forza-tech engine, the only things they would need to do is to polish them with ray-tracing and to implement the new, more realistic physics system built for the game. The only problem that will have to be faced with is licensing though. Another would be a massive overhaul of the divisions system which Turn Ten can easily manage. And take note, this is also a PC game, and that both Motorsport 7 and Horizon 4 are also PC games, built on the same engine.

A lot of these people keep pushing their invalid argument of wanting less cars on the guise of “quality over quantity”, but in reality, they just want to make it a bit like the Project CARS series whose car lists, while they have an awesome race car selection, the rest of the other cars just feel very bland and mundane, and very miniscule compared to how Forza traditionally is.

In short, while offering a newer and more realistic driving experience, Turn Ten shouldn’t forget how they built Forza on, especially with the cars that they are so well known for, otherwise a similar situation to Motorsport 5 would happen, and would disappoint everybody. There’s always gotta be something for everybody, and even with the more realistic experience, they would still aim to make it accessible to players of all abilities.

And last, but not least, if these players don’t like these cars, they are not entitled to drive them, but this wouldn’t change the fact that they are a part of Forza, especially Motorsport and not just Horizon.
Exactly this. To me, that wouldn't feel like Forza anymore if the oddball cars went away. I still want to keep the Honda Odyssey Elite in the Forza games.

Dont worry about the joke cars. The overall philosophy of Forza isnt going to change much... just look at the trailer. This is another game with flashy presentation, the ability to show off your car and driver gear (the trailer shows some kind of online lobby from all i can tell). Online will play a huge role in this game, and obviously they want you to show off your fancy new car, your funny joke carvand your... santa claus driver gear? Well i would hate that last part but i wouldnt be surprised if its actually happening. Oh, and dance emotes. Gotta have that dance moves... - _-

Still nothing new about this one?
Supposedly T10 are "doubling down" on the motorsport aspect and the talk about increased speed of creating content alongside Game Pass accessibility is likely hinting towards a relatively long-term service model with consistent updates.

Supposedly T10 are "doubling down" on the motorsport aspect and the talk about increased speed of creating content alongside Game Pass accessibility is likely hinting towards a relatively long-term service model with consistent updates.
This sounds like a Gran Turismo Sport focus.

No, I really don't think you understood what people were saying well... at all in that aspect. What sentiment I have seen being thrown around is that people wouldn't have much an issue taking a hit the car list if they update aspects that would be harder to focus on with such large list - Things like modeling issues, sound issues, physics issues, lack of customization and not all cars getting the same treatment.

That you decided to make some ass-backwards distinction about what people said doesn't make it any less valid than expecting the car list to transfer over 100%, like-for-like.

I still feel like this is just a typical massive over-exaggeration by the fan base yet again, but I realize how easy it is for some to just always jump to the worst case scenario when we know little to nothing on a subject.

Back