Turtle Racing League :: Friday Night Enduro Racing Series : Thanks for the Memories Turtles!!Full 

• Thread starter Ph1sh
  • 709 comments
Turtle Racing League : Enduro Series

TURTLE BANNER 210.jpg

The First Turn Rule - It is the policy of this league for you to hold your position in turn 1 and not try to improve it unless the following situations occur: 1) The driver directly in front of you is asleep on the start. 2) The driver directly in front of you runs off course with at least 2 wheels off the track. 3) Obvious race incidents that must be avoided. 4) If you are able to fully draft past someone without incident or disruption to the other driver(s) with a reasonable distance before approaching the first turn.
Holding your position in the first turn is limited to the first turn on the first lap. This rule is in place for 2 reason: (1) to effectively avoid incidents in the first turn, and (2) so that drivers who are being careful and doing their part to avoid incidents in the 1st turn of are not taken advantage of. There is no sense in causing an incident in the congestion of the first turn. You can not win the race on the 1st turn or even the 1st lap. If a complaint is filed, the decision we make will be one that promotes an incident free first turn

Dive Bombing

Dive bombing is unacceptable, and only results in incidents. It is not the same as passing under braking. Dive-bombing is when a trailing car intentionally brakes late to dive underneath the car in front of them as they are turning into a corner. The trailing driver must move to the low groove for at least 3-4 seconds prior to corner entry so that the leading driver can see the trailing drivers intentions in his mirror. However, running the low groove is not a guarantee that he will allow you to pass, it is only an indication that you wish to pass on the low side. The trailing driver must also have gained at least a half a car length lead before braking begins so the leading driver can see his position and avoid contact

- If you make contact where you know or even have doubts that you caused a driver to go off track or lose positions, you must concede and wait up for them. Mistakes happen, however leaving a caused accident is unacceptable.

Qualifying Procedure

We are going to do a 5 minute qualifying session and that will be how the grid will look for race 1, with race 2 being Reverse grid. If you didn't race in the previous race meaning race 1 and onto the next race you will line up up front but I ask those drivers to pull over to the side and go to the back of the pack then resume racing. You don't need to ghost back just start off the race and pull over and let everyone by and resume racing.​

Divisions information

- Reminder what division you all will be assigned to tonight.

Racing Schedule (ALL TIMES Central Zone)

Room(s) Open - 8:00 pm
Merge Rooms (If Needed) - 8:45
Qualifying - 8:55
Race 1 - 9:00
Race 1 Ends - 9:30
Race 2 - 9:30 - 9:35
Race 2 ends - 10:00 - 10:05
Race 3 - 10:05 - 10:10
Race 3 ends - 10:35 - 10:40

Be there on Time, our goal is to finish before 11 PM CST

Division 1

@Ph1sher
@Dolph Drago
@Whitey093
@Kross24
@randy1122
@Antares26
@micantony (HOST)
@GTRacer22
@lllTrick
@Vegasracer
@SRT DK Racing
@Whitetail
@roamer2629
@o0Maxx0o

Division 2

@littleregret265 (HOST)
@damonc84
@CAB114
@aceboy127
@quentin1974
@Dylan
@WilliFRendon
@AngryEater
@oharagbr19
@footieclarkey
@mbobb1969ta
@Psycho Turtle
@G_Parrilla
@CaptTrueblood

ALL DRIVERS : Reminders

- If you hit someone off track, please wait up and give position back. 👍

- Be Careful when Existing Pits, If a car is coming into turn 1 as you Leave pits, they have the right of way into Turn 1

- Any Incidents should NOT be dealt in room, or pubically. PM your Division Host steward and we will take it from there.

- If your getting Lapped, the lapped car must hold his line and allow the leaders by.

If we have 16 or less show ups tonight we will merge to 1 room but still scoring will be based off divisions.

- Again, Please Be careful in the 1st couple corners! High Powered Car at a fast tricky track! It's a challenge for everyone which is what I want yet put your race craft first, it will be very important early on as well for the entire race 👍

And lastly, Have some Fun out there :cheers:

Last edited:
I will try to make it tonight. I just got over the flu, so I'm not 100%, but that won't stop me from trying.
Hope your feeling better! Having the flu is never fun at all. Especially during sim racing and real life racing, I've done both :ouch:

On the topic of @aceboy127's last message I think I'm coming down with the flu. Felt like crap all day and barely managed my work shift.

That said, I will try my best to be there and be on point but we will have to wait and see.
Hope you feel better we well.

Get that vitamin Deer C as @roamer2629 suggested. 👍

Division 1 is up as well.

I may be away from keyboard for a bit. So if you try to talk to me in the room, I may not respond right away.

DIVISION 1 and DIVISION 2 ROOMS ARE MERGING

IF RUNNING LATE, PLEASE POST HERE ASAP

Last edited:
My city just had a blackout during the race. Well i guess thats my luck. Hope you guys enjoy whats left 👍
That's a shame. :(

The races tonight were exciting. Apologies to Dylan for accidentally getting into you a couple of times on lap 7 in the Vipers. I completely lost my braking zones and all abilities to drive and about took you out. :lol:

Great finish with you there, Willi. It was a drag race to the finish line! 👍

The races tonight were exciting. Apologies to Dylan for accidentally getting into you a couple of times on lap 7 in the Vipers. I completely lost my braking zones and all abilities to drive and about took you out. :lol:

You gave me a mini heart attack when you went flying by right in front of me! :lol::lol:

Can't wait for this next race! My favorite car on a really fast track!

7378158908_f219026f59_o-jpg.618918

Turtle Racing League - Enduro Series

Race 6: Triple Street Challenge - Three 30 Minute Races -
February 10th, 2017

Round 1
Track:
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course
Car: Chevrolet Camaro SS 10'
Tires: Sports Soft
Time: 30 Minutes

Round 2
Track:
Car: Amuse NISMO 380 RS Super Leggera
Tires: Racing Hard

Round 3
Track:
Car: SRT Viper GTS '13
Tires: Racing Medium

Division 1

Round 1

Pole - GTP_Bambi

1st Place: Whitey093 (Fastest Lap - 2:03.254)
2nd Place: DolphDrago (Fastest Lap - 2:04.139) +27.817
3rd Place: GTP_Bambi (Fastest Lap - 2:02.572) +27.918
4th Place: l_Maxx_Pain_l (Fastest Lap - 2:04.384) +1:01.731
5th Place: GTP_Ph7shr (Fastest Lap - 2:03.315) +1:19.743
6th Place: MrRacingLine (Fastest Lap - 2:03.370) DNF
7th Place: GTP_Roamer2629 (Fastest Lap - 2:05.708) DNF

Round 2

1st Place: GTP_Bambi (Fastest Lap - 2:00.144)
2nd Place: GTP_Ph7shr (Fastest Lap - 2:00.797) +8.635
3rd Place: MrRacingLine (Fastest Lap - 2:00.947) +9.163
4th Place: Whitey093 (Fastest Lap - 2:00.876) +13.815
5th Place: l_Maxx_Pain_l (Fastest Lap - 2:00.985) +16.607
6th Place: DolphDrago (Fastest Lap - 2:01.101) +19.499

GTP_Roamer2629 - DNS

Round 3

1st Place: GTP_Bambi (Fastest Lap - 1:51.679)
2nd Place: Whitey093 (Fastest Lap - 1:52.190) +8.871
3rd Place: l_Maxx_Pain_l (Fastest Lap - 1:51.631) +10.221
4th Place: MrRacingLine (Fastest Lap - 1:52.357) +16.322
5th Place: DolphDrago (Fastest Lap - 1:52.148) +34.197
6th Place: GTP_Ph7shr (Fastest Lap - 1:51.618) +1:16.132

Red = Fastest Lap
Blue = Close Finish

Turtle Racing League - Final Results - Division 1

1st Place: GTP_Bambi (94 Points - Pole)
2nd Place: Whitey093 (88 Points)
3rd Place: l_Maxx_Pain_l (78 Points)
4th Place: GTP_Ph7shr (76 Points ~ Tiebreaker ~ Fastest Lap in all 3 Races)
5th Place: MrRacingLine (76 Points ~ Tiebreaker ~ Faster Lap in ⅔ Races than DolphDrago)
6th Place: DolphDrago (76 Points)
7th Place: GTP_Roamer2629 (20 Points)

Division 2

Round 1

Pole - dylanlikes88

1st Place: WilliFRendon (Fastest Lap - 2:04.523)
2nd Place: dylanlikes88 (Fastest Lap - 2:05.037) +8.351
3rd Place: nolucktoday (Fastest Lap - 2:04.750) +20.495
4th Place: aceboy127 (Fastest Lap - 2:06.037) +1:16.959
5th Place: AngryEater (Fastest Lap - 2:07.753) +1:37.027
6th Place: littleregret265 (Fastest Lap - 2:04.598) +1:53.688
7th Place: G_Parrilla (Fastest Lap - 2:04.979) DNF

Round 2

1st Place: littleregret265 (Fastest Lap - 2:01.625)
2nd Place: dylanlikes88 (Fastest Lap - 2:01.822) +2.459
3rd Place: aceboy127 (Fastest Lap - 2:01.682) +4.269
4th Place: WilliFRendon (Fastest Lap - 2:01.914) +18.120
5th Place: nolucktoday (Fastest Lap - 2:02.350) +28.998
6th Place: AngryEater (Fastest Lap - 2:06.605) +1:22.610

G_Parrilla - DNS

Round 3

1st Place: dylanlikes88 (Fastest Lap - 1:52.176)
2nd Place: WilliFRendon (Fastest Lap - 1:53.242) +7.639
3rd Place: aceboy127 (Fastest Lap - 1:53.935) +49.014
4th Place: nolucktoday (Fastest Lap - 1:55.576) +1:18.076
5th Place: AngryEater (Fastest Lap - 1:57.082) +1 lap
6th Place: littleregret265 (Fastest Lap - 1:54.028) DNF

Red = Fastest Lap
Blue = Close Finish

Turtle Racing League - Final Results - Division 2

1st Place: dylanlikes88 (89 Points - Pole - 5 point penalty)
2nd Place: WilliFRendon (88 Points)
3rd Place: aceboy127 (82 Points)
4th Place: nolucktoday (78 Points - Pole)
5th Place: littleregret265 (76 Points)
6th Place: AngryEater (70 Points)
7th Place: G_Parrilla (20 Points)

Turtle Racing League - Race Night Recap

The excitement for the penultimate race of Season 1 in the Turtle Racing League was at a high when the Turtles showed up to the Twin Ring Motegi Road Course in Japan. Just like two weeks prior, it was three, 30 minute races in three VERY different and challenging cars. A Camaro, a NISMO 380 RS, and a feisty Viper were on the menu for the night. Race 3 would also be similar to the final race from the aforementioned action two weeks ago which featured a car that felt like it had old timey drum brakes. Many a Turtle would end up off course at some point thanks to this wonderful feature on the car. So how did the racers fare throughout the evening?

Breakdown: Triple Street Battle

Race 1
First up, the Camaro SS. In Division 1 at the pointy end of the grid, we had GTP_Bambi, lined up next to MrRacingLine. Whitey093 and GTP_Roamer2629 made up the second row, with GTP_Ph7shr and DolphDrago sitting 5th and 6th. |_Maxx_Pain_| sat right behind Dolph, and our D1 grid was set. The first turn was busy as could be, but the start was very well managed by every driver. Whitey093 immediately challenged MrRacingLine for second place, and dug in for a long fight. Phisher had a costly spin at turn 8 only 3 laps in, and narrowly avoided a collision with a number of cars right behind him; very close save there Phish, though he went down to last place when returning to the track. Roamer got into a tight situation when a collision with Dylanlikes88 (Div.2) sent him into the gravel on lap 3 and cost him a few positions on track. Roamer parked it in the garage after that and took 7th place for the night. The top 3 contenders Bambi, RacingLine, and Whitey were all still going at it, though Bambi was beginning to distance himself from the group, and RacingLine back up to 2nd.

I was pretty sure that the heavy Camaros on soft tires were going to have to pit in, but with the car seeming very easy to manage, not many of them did. Our race leader brought it in at the end of lap 8, handing the lead to MrRacingLine and putting himself into 6th behind Phisher. With just 4 minutes to go though, RacingLine was still leading the race with Whitey only about a second behind, until his #71 Camaro gave up the ghost on lap 13 and forced him into 6th place. With MrRacingLine disconnected, Whitey093 now held the lead and took the 93 car to the checkered flag. Bambi used his fresh tires to get up as high as 2nd place at one point, but a collision and concession with a D2 driver on the second-to-last lap had him settle for 3rd, with DolphDrago clinching 2nd place on account of great tire management and consistency through the race. Maxx had done really well on outright pace up to the very end, but his tires became a problem for him, pushing down to 4th overall, though Phish had similar issues and couldn’t make it out of 5th place.

Division 2 had dylanlikes88 on the pole alongside G_Parrilla, followed by WilliFRendon, littleregret265, nolucktoday, aceboy127, and AngryEater. Even though the car was fairly easy to control, we saw a good number of mistakes in the opening laps. LR265 was off to a good start, but he lost control in turn 10 and the 26 ran wide into the gravel, rejoining the track in last place. aceboy127 also ran wide at turn 3 in the following lap. Despite this, the racing was bumper to bumper at all points. WilliFRendon had gained a lead over G.P., but the top 3 were still insanely close together as Willi began to go for the lead.

The tires wore down further and soon the 62 of G_Parrilla spun around in turn 1, falling back to 5th. That was unfortunately the least of his worries as he disconnected only on lap 9 and had to settle for 7th place. Some errors on the final laps of the race caused littleregret265 to take 6th place, with AngryEater moving up to 5th and aceboy127 up to 4th; earning 24 and 26 points respectively. nolucktoday took the bronze, securing his 28 points, and dylanlikes88 locked in 30 with his 2nd place finish, plus 2 more for the pole position. WilliFRendon’s confident performance in race 1 earned him the top step of the podium and 32 points.

Race 2
Like we always do, we had the grid turned all the way around and got everything ready to go with the 380 RS. GTP_Ph7shr now started up front in Division 1, followed by |_Maxx_Pain_|, GTP_Bambi, DolphDrago, Whitey093, and MrRacingLine, bringing up the rear. Maxx and Div. 2’s aceboy127 had a coming-together on the first lap which sent both of them down the order, while MrRacingLine wasted no time getting up to 3rd place. Bambi and the Fish were pushing each other along at the front while Dolph Drago was busy giving MrRacingLine a run for his money along with Whitey093.

Moving into the back half of the race, Maxx_Pain was now challenging Dolph for 5th place as Phish and Bambi’s struggle continued on. MrRacingLine was just starting to create some distance between himself and Whitey, after being pursued pretty closely for 6 or 7 laps. The Amuse Nismo 380 proved to endure very well on the slick tires, so pitting was not a concern this time around. The cars still had plenty of room left to push and so we saw GTP_Bambi make a hard charge late in the race, pulling away from Phish and on to a 1st place finish. GTP_Ph7shr had a 2nd place finish to get a good amount of points, and MrRacingLine would get onto the podium with a 3rd place finish, only half a second behind Ph7shr. Whitey093 took 4th place, not far ahead of |_Maxx_Pain_| in 5th. DolphDrago rounded out the field in 6th position.

The starting order for Division 2 was littleregret265 & AngryEater on row 1, aceboy127 & nolucktoday starting 3rd and 4th, dylanlikes88 in 5th position, and WilliFRendon at the back. Dylanlikes88, much like MrRacingLine, quickly made up some positions, getting all the way up to 2nd by the end of the first lap. Aceboy127’s incident with |_Maxx_Pain_| sent him down the order, and WilliFRendon struggled early on to get to grips with the Nissan. NoLuck had a bit of a spin as well in the early stages of the race, which set him back a good deal. The top 3 stood with with Regret leading, Dylan about 7 seconds out, and Aceboy roughly 14 seconds down, while 4th, 5th, and 6th jostled about for position.

Fast forward a few more laps and we have 10 minutes left, with WilliFRendon building a solid gap to NoLuck in 5th, with AngryEater further back. aceboy127 was inching closer to dylanlikes88, trying to set up a good overtaking opportunity. However, he just couldn’t find enough room to make it happen before the checkered flag fell. littleregret265 managed to hold onto 1st place for this one, with dylanlikes88 and aceboy127 only a couple seconds behind in 2nd and 3rd. WilliFRendon secured 4th with nolucktoday in 5th place, leaving AngryEater in 6th place at the finish.

Race 3
Race 3 saw the field flipped once again for the start. For Division 1, that meant DolphDrago was on pole, granted midpack overall, with l_Maxx_Pain_l alongside. Whitey093 was starting 3rd on the same row as MrRacingLine in 4th. Rounding out the final row was GTP_Ph7shr and GTP_Bambi. Maxx_Pain made a super start, maneuvering around Dolph and LittleRegret of Division 2 coming out of turn 1. Unfortunately, his over exuberance would cause him to go too deep into turn 2, ghosting to avoiding taking out a bale of Turtles (Google may or may not have been involved in finding the word for a turtle group…💡). While much jostling happened behind in the wickedly quick Vipers, Dolph glued himself to the back bumper of D2’s Dylan, who was leading overall. By the end of lap 1, Dolph was leading D1, with Whitey close behind. Bambi had already positioned himself into the top 3. Maxx_Pain, not afraid to stick his car in the middle of multiple cars at once, quickly made his way back past Phish and MrRacingLine. The running order remained the same for 5 laps, save a few swaps of position further back along with Bambi sliding into 2nd. Dolph finally found his way around Dylan for the overall lead on lap 6, but it wouldn’t last long as Dolph put a couple of wheels off track, allowing Bambi to take over the leader reigns. He wouldn’t look back the rest of the race.

Come lap 7, Dolph completely forgot how to drive, missing braking points left and right. He nearly took out Dylan in one turn, scaring the daylights out of the D2 leader. He eventually dropped back to last of the Division 1 runners after a long time spent in the sand. There were various overtakes about D1 while Phish decided to take on some fresh rubber halfway into the race. Lap 10 saw Maxx_Pain grab 2nd place from Whitey. With careful driving, the running order stayed the same until 1 lap to go, when Whitey and Maxx_Pain would have a fantastic scrap for 2nd. Ultimately Whitey would come out on top, some 8.8 seconds behind overall winner Bambi. Maxx_Pain took the bronze. MrRacingLine, with no one to race with, finished a lonely, but solid 4th. While it wasn’t technically a battle for divisional position, Dolph and Willi had a wild finish crossing the line side by side. Dolph finished in 5th. Even with the newer rubber tires allowing him to put down a blistering fastest lap, Phish lost too much time and brought up the back of D1 in 6th place.

On the Division 2 side of things, AngryEater would start in first with nolucktoday beside him. WilliFRendon and aceboy127 made up row 2, while dylanlikes88 and littleregret265 began in 5th and 6th respectively. Mayhem ensued only 3 turns in, with Aceboy braking slightly too late and taking out Willi in the process while running in the top 3. They dropped to the back of the pack after the incident. Meanwhile AngryEater held the lead for the next turn before Dylan overtook him for the top spot. As the field crossed the line after 1 lap, Dylan had the overall lead followed by AngryEater. LittleRegret had already made up half the places he needed if he wanted to get the win, running a stellar 3rd. Willi and Aceboy were in the back, looking to make their way back toward the front after the earlier contact.

One lap later, with a missed brake causing an accidental divebomb on AngryEater, LittleRegret briefly passed AngryEater but gave his position back. Unfortunately this allowed nolucktoday and Willi to pass on by. LittleRegret would find more trouble half a lap later as he had to ghost to avoid taking out the runners in front of him and flew off into the gravel. Entering lap 3, Dylan had built up a nice lead, with a full gaggle of D1 drivers between himself and new 2nd place runner nolucktoday. Willi was now in 3rd, having found his way past AngryEater. Nolucktoday ran out of luck in turn 2, however, and dropped back to 4th once again. His misery was not over, as one additional trip to the gravel allowed Aceboy past. Meanwhile, LittleRegret had problems of his own a corner back, spinning and falling to last.

By midpoint, and numerous trips to the beach from several Turtles, Dylan still held a comfortable lead with Willi in 2nd and Aceboy in 3rd. Nolucktoday saw himself in 4th for another minute before another off let LittleRegret by. AngryEater was having quite the eventful race himself in 6th. With less than 10 minutes to go, LittleRegret’s car developed problems and he retired from the race. Nolucktoday and AngryEater each advanced one spot. The rest of the event would see no more position changes. Dylan took the easy victory for gold. Willi used his strong race to finish with silver and Aceboy took the final podium. Nolucktoday and AngryEater would finish 4th and 5th respectively. LittleRegret would be classified with a dreaded DNF.

Overall - Triple Street Battle
D1:

Bambi ruled the night in Division 1, finishing with 94 points off of 2 wins, a bronze, and the pole. Whitey had a superb evening with two podiums of his own, including a win, to take home the silver with 88 points. Maxx_Pain did just enough to take the bronze and final podium spot, just 2 points up on 4th place with 78. Speaking of 4th overall, there was yet ANOTHER 3 way tie! This is at least the third time there has been a 3 way tie in Turtle this season. With his fast lap in each race, Phish was awarded the top spot. MrRacingLine used two of his better fastest laps to clinch 5th overall, with Dolph having to settle with 6th with only his one faster lap. After his short first race and not starting the final races, Roamer would round out the D1 field with 20 points.

D2:
Much like Bambi in D1, Dylan ruled the roost in Division 2. He used his pole, two second place finishes, and a win in race 3 to take the overall win. The only negative to his night was contact with another Turtle in race 1 resulting in a 5 point penalty, still leaving him with a hefty 89 points. A win and a 2nd place finish helped Willi to finish with the silver, a mere 1 point shy of Dylan after his penalty with 88 total. Aceboy used two strong podiums to his advantage to take home the bronze with 82 points. Nolucktoday narrowly beat out LittleRegret with a steady set of results, one of which was a podium. He finished the evening 4th overall. Despite his win in race 2, LittleRegret came up just short of nolucktoday, 78 to 76. AngryEater never gave up and was rewarded 6th place overall for his effort. Terrible luck struck Parrilla, as a citywide blackout forced him into a DNF after race 1. His total points for the night was 20.

Season Standings - After Round 6
D1:

Dolph lost his overall season standing lead after the 5 best races were applied after Motegi. Phish now holds the lead with 384 points, but Dolph isn’t far behind with his 372. Dolph knows he won’t keep that spot unless a certain group of drivers fails to show this coming weekend for the final showdown of Season 1. :scared: Whitey is hanging on to 3rd overall with 320 points. However, the battle is insanely close, as Kross sits only 5 behind with 315 and Mikey at 309, only 6 back from Kross. Of those racers with over 200 points, MrRacingLine is at 249 for the season and Mic has 216, sitting in 7th place overall. Those further back include a tie between GTRacer22 and lllTrick for 8th at 147 points. SCHMED holds the final top 10 spot. Rounding out the rest of the field are Antares, Randy, newcomers Bambi and Maxx_Pain and finally Roamer.

D2:
The top spot for Division 2 is still up for grabs (I think :boggled:). With the 5 best results, Dylan leads LittleRegret 451 to 429. Nolucktoday and Willi are locked up in a great battle at 385 points apiece. That final podium spot will come down to the last race. In fact, Aceboy may have something to say about it, as he’s only 17 points arrears with 368 in 5th place. Damon currently occupies the 6th position with 229. His only challenger may be AngryEater, who has 199 points. CAB is the last driver with over 100 points in 8th overall on the season. Further down the running order, with each driver having run only one race this season, are Sassafrass, oharagbr, RoadRageDudez, Parrilla, and snake-scent.

Congrats to all the race winners including Bambi, Whitey, Dylan, Willi and LittleRegret. Fantastic job by all those who podiumed throughout the night’s races. And congrats to the overall winners Bambi and Dylan as well as those who podiumed overall. Despite how difficult a couple of those cars were, I was proud of how nearly everyone pushed through to the very end.

Once again, we’d like to thank everyone who came out this week. Without you committed Turtles, the league would not be able to sustain itself. It’s great to see so many people come out each week! Next up is the Turtle Special Event, with some extremely exciting Junior Red Bulls around an historic 80’s Brands Hatch Circuit. Hope to see everyone there! Turtle Up! 👍

7378158908_f219026f59_o-jpg.618918

Turtle Racing League - Enduro Series

Race 6: Triple Street Challenge - Three 30 Minute Races -
February 10th, 2017

Round 1
Track:
Car: Chevrolet Camaro SS 10'
Tires: Sports Soft

Round 2
Track:
Car: Amuse NISMO 380 RS Super Leggera
Tires: Racing Hard

Round 3
Track:
Car: SRT Viper GTS '13
Tires: Racing Medium

Division 1

Round 1

Pole - GTP_Bambi

1st Place: Whitey093 (Fastest Lap - 2:03.254)
2nd Place: DolphDrago (Fastest Lap - 2:04.139) +27.817
3rd Place: GTP_Bambi (Fastest Lap - 2:02.572) +27.918
4th Place: l_Maxx_Pain_l (Fastest Lap - 2:04.384) +1:01.731
5th Place: GTP_Ph7shr (Fastest Lap - 2:03.315) +1:19.743
6th Place: MrRacingLine (Fastest Lap - 2:03.370) DNF
7th Place: GTP_Roamer2629 (Fastest Lap - 2:05.708) DNF

Round 2

1st Place: GTP_Bambi (Fastest Lap - 2:00.144)
2nd Place: GTP_Ph7shr (Fastest Lap - 2:00.797) +8.635
3rd Place: MrRacingLine (Fastest Lap - 2:00.947) +9.163
4th Place: Whitey093 (Fastest Lap - 2:00.876) +13.815
5th Place: l_Maxx_Pain_l (Fastest Lap - 2:00.985) +16.607
6th Place: DolphDrago (Fastest Lap - 2:01.101) +19.499

GTP_Roamer2629 - DNS

Round 3

1st Place: GTP_Bambi (Fastest Lap - 1:51.679)
2nd Place: Whitey093 (Fastest Lap - 1:52.190) +8.871
3rd Place: l_Maxx_Pain_l (Fastest Lap - 1:51.631) +10.221
4th Place: MrRacingLine (Fastest Lap - 1:52.357) +16.322
5th Place: DolphDrago (Fastest Lap - 1:52.148) +34.197
6th Place: GTP_Ph7shr (Fastest Lap - 1:51.618) +1:16.132

Red = Fastest Lap
Blue = Close Finish

Turtle Racing League - Final Results - Division 1

1st Place: GTP_Bambi (94 Points - Pole)
2nd Place: Whitey093 (88 Points)
3rd Place: l_Maxx_Pain_l (78 Points)
4th Place: GTP_Ph7shr (76 Points ~ Tiebreaker ~ Fastest Lap in all 3 Races)
5th Place: MrRacingLine (76 Points ~ Tiebreaker ~ Faster Lap in ⅔ Races than DolphDrago)
6th Place: DolphDrago (76 Points)
7th Place: GTP_Roamer2629 (20 Points)

Division 2

Round 1

Pole - dylanlikes88

1st Place: WilliFRendon (Fastest Lap - 2:04.523)
2nd Place: dylanlikes88 (Fastest Lap - 2:05.037) +8.351
3rd Place: nolucktoday (Fastest Lap - 2:04.750) +20.495
4th Place: aceboy127 (Fastest Lap - 2:06.037) +1:16.959
5th Place: AngryEater (Fastest Lap - 2:07.753) +1:37.027
6th Place: littleregret265 (Fastest Lap - 2:04.598) +1:53.688
7th Place: G_Parrilla (Fastest Lap - 2:04.979) DNF

Round 2

1st Place: littleregret265 (Fastest Lap - 2:01.625)
2nd Place: dylanlikes88 (Fastest Lap - 2:01.822) +2.459
3rd Place: aceboy127 (Fastest Lap - 2:01.682) +4.269
4th Place: WilliFRendon (Fastest Lap - 2:01.914) +18.120
5th Place: nolucktoday (Fastest Lap - 2:02.350) +28.998
6th Place: AngryEater (Fastest Lap - 2:06.605) +1:22.610

G_Parrilla - DNS

Round 3

1st Place: dylanlikes88 (Fastest Lap - 1:52.176)
2nd Place: WilliFRendon (Fastest Lap - 1:53.242) +7.639
3rd Place: aceboy127 (Fastest Lap - 1:53.935) +49.014
4th Place: nolucktoday (Fastest Lap - 1:55.576) +1:18.076
5th Place: AngryEater (Fastest Lap - 1:57.082) +1 lap
6th Place: littleregret265 (Fastest Lap - 1:54.028) DNF

Red = Fastest Lap
Blue = Close Finish

Turtle Racing League - Final Results - Division 2

1st Place: dylanlikes88 (89 Points - Pole - 5 point penalty)
2nd Place: WilliFRendon (88 Points)
3rd Place: aceboy127 (82 Points)
4th Place: nolucktoday (78 Points - Pole)
5th Place: littleregret265 (76 Points)
6th Place: AngryEater (70 Points)
7th Place: G_Parrilla (20 Points)

Turtle Racing League - Race Night Recap

The excitement for the penultimate race of Season 1 in the Turtle Racing League was at a high when the Turtles showed up to the Twin Ring Motegi Road Course in Japan. Just like two weeks prior, it was three, 30 minute races in three VERY different and challenging cars. A Camaro, a NISMO 380 RS, and a feisty Viper were on the menu for the night. Race 3 would also be similar to the final race from the aforementioned action two weeks ago which featured a car that felt like it had old timey drum brakes. Many a Turtle would end up off course at some point thanks to this wonderful feature on the car. So how did the racers fare throughout the evening?

Breakdown: Triple Street Battle

Race 1
First up, the Camaro SS. In Division 1 at the pointy end of the grid, we had GTP_Bambi, lined up next to MrRacingLine. Whitey093 and GTP_Roamer2629 made up the second row, with GTP_Ph7shr and DolphDrago sitting 5th and 6th. |_Maxx_Pain_| sat right behind Dolph, and our D1 grid was set. The first turn was busy as could be, but the start was very well managed by every driver. Whitey093 immediately challenged MrRacingLine for second place, and dug in for a long fight. Phisher had a costly spin at turn 8 only 3 laps in, and narrowly avoided a collision with a number of cars right behind him; very close save there Phish, though he went down to last place when returning to the track. Roamer got into a tight situation when a collision with Dylanlikes88 (Div.2) sent him into the gravel on lap 3 and cost him a few positions on track. Roamer parked it in the garage after that and took 7th place for the night. The top 3 contenders Bambi, RacingLine, and Whitey were all still going at it, though Bambi was beginning to distance himself from the group, and RacingLine back up to 2nd.

I was pretty sure that the heavy Camaros on soft tires were going to have to pit in, but with the car seeming very easy to manage, not many of them did. Our race leader brought it in at the end of lap 8, handing the lead to MrRacingLine and putting himself into 6th behind Phisher. With just 4 minutes to go though, RacingLine was still leading the race with Whitey only about a second behind, until his #71 Camaro gave up the ghost on lap 13 and forced him into 6th place. With MrRacingLine disconnected, Whitey093 now held the lead and took the 93 car to the checkered flag. Bambi used his fresh tires to get up as high as 2nd place at one point, but a collision and concession with a D2 driver on the second-to-last lap had him settle for 3rd, with DolphDrago clinching 2nd place on account of great tire management and consistency through the race. Maxx had done really well on outright pace up to the very end, but his tires became a problem for him, pushing down to 4th overall, though Phish had similar issues and couldn’t make it out of 5th place.

Division 2 had dylanlikes88 on the pole alongside G_Parrilla, followed by WilliFRendon, littleregret265, nolucktoday, aceboy127, and AngryEater. Even though the car was fairly easy to control, we saw a good number of mistakes in the opening laps. LR265 was off to a good start, but he lost control in turn 10 and the 26 ran wide into the gravel, rejoining the track in last place. aceboy127 also ran wide at turn 3 in the following lap. Despite this, the racing was bumper to bumper at all points. WilliFRendon had gained a lead over G.P., but the top 3 were still insanely close together as Willi began to go for the lead.

The tires wore down further and soon the 62 of G_Parrilla spun around in turn 1, falling back to 5th. That was unfortunately the least of his worries as he disconnected only on lap 9 and had to settle for 7th place. Some errors on the final laps of the race caused littleregret265 to take 6th place, with AngryEater moving up to 5th and aceboy127 up to 4th; earning 24 and 26 points respectively. nolucktoday took the bronze, securing his 28 points, and dylanlikes88 locked in 30 with his 2nd place finish, plus 2 more for the pole position. WilliFRendon’s confident performance in race 1 earned him the top step of the podium and 32 points.

Race 2
Like we always do, we had the grid turned all the way around and got everything ready to go with the 380 RS. GTP_Ph7shr now started up front in Division 1, followed by |_Maxx_Pain_|, GTP_Bambi, DolphDrago, Whitey093, and MrRacingLine, bringing up the rear. Maxx and Div. 2’s aceboy127 had a coming-together on the first lap which sent both of them down the order, while MrRacingLine wasted no time getting up to 3rd place. Bambi and the Fish were pushing each other along at the front while Dolph Drago was busy giving MrRacingLine a run for his money along with Whitey093.

Moving into the back half of the race, Maxx_Pain was now challenging Dolph for 5th place as Phish and Bambi’s struggle continued on. MrRacingLine was just starting to create some distance between himself and Whitey, after being pursued pretty closely for 6 or 7 laps. The Amuse Nismo 380 proved to endure very well on the slick tires, so pitting was not a concern this time around. The cars still had plenty of room left to push and so we saw GTP_Bambi make a hard charge late in the race, pulling away from Phish and on to a 1st place finish. GTP_Ph7shr had a 2nd place finish to get a good amount of points, and MrRacingLine would get onto the podium with a 3rd place finish, only half a second behind Ph7shr. Whitey093 took 4th place, not far ahead of |_Maxx_Pain_| in 5th. DolphDrago rounded out the field in 6th position.

The starting order for Division 2 was littleregret265 & AngryEater on row 1, aceboy127 & nolucktoday starting 3rd and 4th, dylanlikes88 in 5th position, and WilliFRendon at the back. Dylanlikes88, much like MrRacingLine, quickly made up some positions, getting all the way up to 2nd by the end of the first lap. Aceboy127’s incident with |_Maxx_Pain_| sent him down the order, and WilliFRendon struggled early on to get to grips with the Nissan. NoLuck had a bit of a spin as well in the early stages of the race, which set him back a good deal. The top 3 stood with with Regret leading, Dylan about 7 seconds out, and Aceboy roughly 14 seconds down, while 4th, 5th, and 6th jostled about for position.

Fast forward a few more laps and we have 10 minutes left, with WilliFRendon building a solid gap to NoLuck in 5th, with AngryEater further back. aceboy127 was inching closer to dylanlikes88, trying to set up a good overtaking opportunity. However, he just couldn’t find enough room to make it happen before the checkered flag fell. littleregret265 managed to hold onto 1st place for this one, with dylanlikes88 and aceboy127 only a couple seconds behind in 2nd and 3rd. WilliFRendon secured 4th with nolucktoday in 5th place, leaving AngryEater in 6th place at the finish.

Race 3
Race 3 saw the field flipped once again for the start. For Division 1, that meant DolphDrago was on pole, granted midpack overall, with l_Maxx_Pain_l alongside. Whitey093 was starting 3rd on the same row as MrRacingLine in 4th. Rounding out the final row was GTP_Ph7shr and GTP_Bambi. Maxx_Pain made a super start, maneuvering around Dolph and LittleRegret of Division 2 coming out of turn 1. Unfortunately, his over exuberance would cause him to go too deep into turn 2, ghosting to avoiding taking out a bale of Turtles (Google may or may not have been involved in finding the word for a turtle group…💡). While much jostling happened behind in the wickedly quick Vipers, Dolph glued himself to the back bumper of D2’s Dylan, who was leading overall. By the end of lap 1, Dolph was leading D1, with Whitey close behind. Bambi had already positioned himself into the top 3. Maxx_Pain, not afraid to stick his car in the middle of multiple cars at once, quickly made his way back past Phish and MrRacingLine. The running order remained the same for 5 laps, save a few swaps of position further back along with Bambi sliding into 2nd. Dolph finally found his way around Dylan for the overall lead on lap 6, but it wouldn’t last long as Dolph put a couple of wheels off track, allowing Bambi to take over the leader reigns. He wouldn’t look back the rest of the race.

Come lap 7, Dolph completely forgot how to drive, missing braking points left and right. He nearly took out Dylan in one turn, scaring the daylights out of the D2 leader. He eventually dropped back to last of the Division 1 runners after a long time spent in the sand. There were various overtakes about D1 while Phish decided to take on some fresh rubber halfway into the race. Lap 10 saw Maxx_Pain grab 2nd place from Whitey. With careful driving, the running order stayed the same until 1 lap to go, when Whitey and Maxx_Pain would have a fantastic scrap for 2nd. Ultimately Whitey would come out on top, some 8.8 seconds behind overall winner Bambi. Maxx_Pain took the bronze. MrRacingLine, with no one to race with, finished a lonely, but solid 4th. While it wasn’t technically a battle for divisional position, Dolph and Willi had a wild finish crossing the line side by side. Dolph finished in 5th. Even with the newer rubber tires allowing him to put down a blistering fastest lap, Phish lost too much time and brought up the back of D1 in 6th place.

On the Division 2 side of things, AngryEater would start in first with nolucktoday beside him. WilliFRendon and aceboy127 made up row 2, while dylanlikes88 and littleregret265 began in 5th and 6th respectively. Mayhem ensued only 3 turns in, with Aceboy braking slightly too late and taking out Willi in the process while running in the top 3. They dropped to the back of the pack after the incident. Meanwhile AngryEater held the lead for the next turn before Dylan overtook him for the top spot. As the field crossed the line after 1 lap, Dylan had the overall lead followed by AngryEater. LittleRegret had already made up half the places he needed if he wanted to get the win, running a stellar 3rd. Willi and Aceboy were in the back, looking to make their way back toward the front after the earlier contact.

One lap later, with a missed brake causing an accidental divebomb on AngryEater, LittleRegret briefly passed AngryEater but gave his position back. Unfortunately this allowed nolucktoday and Willi to pass on by. LittleRegret would find more trouble half a lap later as he had to ghost to avoid taking out the runners in front of him and flew off into the gravel. Entering lap 3, Dylan had built up a nice lead, with a full gaggle of D1 drivers between himself and new 2nd place runner nolucktoday. Willi was now in 3rd, having found his way past AngryEater. Nolucktoday ran out of luck in turn 2, however, and dropped back to 4th once again. His misery was not over, as one additional trip to the gravel allowed Aceboy past. Meanwhile, LittleRegret had problems of his own a corner back, spinning and falling to last.

By midpoint, and numerous trips to the beach from several Turtles, Dylan still held a comfortable lead with Willi in 2nd and Aceboy in 3rd. Nolucktoday saw himself in 4th for another minute before another off let LittleRegret by. AngryEater was having quite the eventful race himself in 6th. With less than 10 minutes to go, LittleRegret’s car developed problems and he retired from the race. Nolucktoday and AngryEater each advanced one spot. The rest of the event would see no more position changes. Dylan took the easy victory for gold. Willi used his strong race to finish with silver and Aceboy took the final podium. Nolucktoday and AngryEater would finish 4th and 5th respectively. LittleRegret would be classified with a dreaded DNF.

Overall - Triple Street Battle
D1:

Bambi ruled the night in Division 1, finishing with 94 points off of 2 wins, a bronze, and the pole. Whitey had a superb evening with two podiums of his own, including a win, to take home the silver with 88 points. Maxx_Pain did just enough to take the bronze and final podium spot, just 2 points up on 4th place with 78. Speaking of 4th overall, there was yet ANOTHER 3 way tie! This is at least the third time there has been a 3 way tie in Turtle this season. With his fast lap in each race, Phish was awarded the top spot. MrRacingLine used two of his better fastest laps to clinch 5th overall, with Dolph having to settle with 6th with only his one faster lap. After his short first race and not starting the final races, Roamer would round out the D1 field with 20 points.

D2:
Much like Bambi in D1, Dylan ruled the roost in Division 2. He used his pole, two second place finishes, and a win in race 3 to take the overall win. The only negative to his night was contact with another Turtle in race 1 resulting in a 5 point penalty, still leaving him with a hefty 89 points. A win and a 2nd place finish helped Willi to finish with the silver, a mere 1 point shy of Dylan after his penalty with 88 total. Aceboy used two strong podiums to his advantage to take home the bronze with 82 points. Nolucktoday narrowly beat out LittleRegret with a steady set of results, one of which was a podium. He finished the evening 4th overall. Despite his win in race 2, LittleRegret came up just short of nolucktoday, 78 to 76. AngryEater never gave up and was rewarded 6th place overall for his effort. Terrible luck struck Parrilla, as a citywide blackout forced him into a DNF after race 1. His total points for the night was 20.

Season Standings - After Round 6
D1:

Dolph lost his overall season standing lead after the 5 best races were applied after Motegi. Phish now holds the lead with 384 points, but Dolph isn’t far behind with his 372. Dolph knows he won’t keep that spot unless a certain group of drivers fails to show this coming weekend for the final showdown of Season 1. :scared: Whitey is hanging on to 3rd overall with 320 points. However, the battle is insanely close, as Kross sits only 5 behind with 315 and Mikey at 309, only 6 back from Kross. Of those racers with over 200 points, MrRacingLine is at 249 for the season and Mic has 216, sitting in 7th place overall. Those further back include a tie between GTRacer22 and lllTrick for 8th at 147 points. SCHMED holds the final top 10 spot. Rounding out the rest of the field are Antares, Randy, newcomers Bambi and Maxx_Pain and finally Roamer.

D2:
The top spot for Division 2 is still up for grabs (I think :boggled:). With the 5 best results, Dylan leads LittleRegret 451 to 429. Nolucktoday and Willi are locked up in a great battle at 385 points apiece. That final podium spot will come down to the last race. In fact, Aceboy may have something to say about it, as he’s only 17 points arrears with 368 in 5th place. Damon currently occupies the 6th position with 229. His only challenger may be AngryEater, who has 199 points. CAB is the last driver with over 100 points in 8th overall on the season. Further down the running order, with each driver having run only one race this season, are Sassafrass, oharagbr, RoadRageDudez, Parrilla, and snake-scent.

Congrats to all the race winners including Bambi, Whitey, Dylan, Willi and LittleRegret. Fantastic job by all those who podiumed throughout the night’s races. And congrats to the overall winners Bambi and Dylan as well as those who podiumed overall. Despite how difficult a couple of those cars were, I was proud of how nearly everyone pushed through to the very end.

Once again, we’d like to thank everyone who came out this week. Without you committed Turtles, the league would not be able to sustain itself. It’s great to see so many people come out each week! Next up is the Turtle Special Event, with some extremely exciting Junior Red Bulls around an historic 80’s Brands Hatch Circuit. Hope to see everyone there! Turtle Up! 👍
Excellent write up! I felt like I was there even for the parts that I missed.

Looking forward to the season finale, though it'll be near-impossible to take 1st in D2, and I know Dylan, Willi, and Quentin are all going to be ready this Friday. Can't wait to see everyone there and hopefully share in some good battles!

Thanks for making that video @Whitetail :cheers:

I've been very extremely busy, but here's some information on the ARS Turtle Jr GP this Friday,

Qualy will be 10 Minutes Long!
Qualy will Start at 8:50 CST / 9:50 EST So Be There ASAP. Or please let us know that your running Late!

Race is 90 Minutes as we all know.
No weather
Start time: 6:00
Time Progression: 15

I have to thank @aceboy127 for having ARS sponsor this race as ARS is a great community series that has its own racing series from time to time! I'd check it out sometime!

I've been very very busy lately with real life racing car, and birthday on Sunday ect. I will try my best to get more information out if I can. The stewards will most likely be in charge this weekend 👍

I had an issue yesterday morning,open a room for practice and it wouldn't let me in with tuning prohibited. Was a new car ,no miles ,no oil change nothing touched except I had put RH tires on it.

Solutions?? Has anyone else had this problem?

I had an issue yesterday morning,open a room for practice and it wouldn't let me in with tuning prohibited. Was a new car ,no miles ,no oil change nothing touched except I had put RH tires on it.

Solutions?? Has anyone else had this problem?
Ah yes, thanks for bringing that up,

Alright so What I found is when you get in a lobby after you put an oil change on your Junior, or if you didn't. Doesn't matter, then go into your setup sheets and switch to any other sheet, just make sure you don't change anything including your BB. If you already have changed from all your sheets, pick another car and go back into it and switch sheet and you should be ready to go on track.

Let me know if you still are having issues

Your birthday? (If so happy birthday)
Also, what do you race?
On Sunday :sly:

I race wissota street stocks on dirt ovals, here's the brand new 2017 Race Star Chassis, I should get a lot done this weekend maybe.

20170214_122505.jpg
20170214_122521.jpg

Back