[Tutorial]Lowering & Window Tinting

Discussion in 'Art & Photography' started by FaLLeNAn9eL, Feb 3, 2006.

1. FaLLeNAn9eL

FaLLeNAn9eL

Lowering:
    Step 1: Choose a car.
    [​IMG]

Step 2: Using the Lasso Tool, trace around the car's like i did in the picture.
    [​IMG]

Step 3: Go to Layer > New > Layer Via Copy, or simply hit Ctrl+J
    [​IMG]

Step 4: With the new layer created, use the move tool (V key) and nudge the new layer down with the arrow keys to ensure a perfect vertical drop.
    [​IMG]

Window Tinting:
    Step 1: With a picture open, select the lasso tool (L) and trace around the windows as shown:
    [​IMG]

Step 2: Now go to Layer > New > Layer or simply hold shift + Ctrl + N
    [​IMG]

Step 3: With the Bucket tool (G) and the following settings, fill the selected reigion traced by the lasso tool with black.
    [​IMG]

Step 4: Go to the layers Window, which looks simular to the layers window shown in the picture and lower the Opacity level as you desire. The lower the setting, the lighter the tint.
    [​IMG]

Final Result: Heres the result after a quick lower and tint
    [​IMG]

Original:
    [​IMG]

2. DuckRacer

DuckRacer Premium

Ah, so that's how you do it. I should try it out, looks helpful. :tup:

3. JFM92_GTRacer

JFM92_GTRacer

Do you get rid of the lines at the top?

4. FaLLeNAn9eL

FaLLeNAn9eL

which lines at the top? the background shouldnt be distorted after u nudge. if theres distortion, make a copy of the top portion, about 10 pixels, and nudge into position.

5. El Gigante

El Gigante

Or you can just crop it off ;)

6. My Left Yarble

My Left Yarble

Nice work! And thank you for taking the time out to write up the tutorial for the rest of us :tup:

7. Perfect Balance

Perfect Balance Premium

After tinting the windows, the shiny reflection dissapears. but otherwise it looks good.

You should make a tutorial on lowering cars that arn't perfectly sideways and flat on the ground, like from a high front right point of view, where all the tires arnt at the same position.