TXR3 Wanderer's List!

• Thread starter toyomatt84
  • 365 comments
I got this from a friend at www.gamefaqs.com right before it was released to the public. Enjoi!

Table of Contents:
1. Legal Stuff
2. Introduction
3. Version History
4. License Plate Help
5. PS2 Clock Trick
6. Tokyo Wanderers
7. Nagoya Wanderers
8. Osaka Wanderers
9. Credits

1. LEGAL STUFF

This FAQ is not to be distributed without my permission. Its sole use is tohelp the poor gamers that are trying to achieve 100% on this game. Please usethis document for good only and not in an attempt to overthrow any governments. Do not extort money for the information in this FAQ. If you do bad things will happen. That is all.

2. INTRODUCTION

Hello and welcome to the wonderful world of Tokyo Extreme Racer 3. If you are reading this you are undoubtedly in dire straits. Wanderers are a pain in the ass and finding the requirements is somewhat dumb luck. However with my help
you will be on your way to 100% in no time. If you have any questions, comments or corrections about the FAQ send them to me at polskicw@yahoo.com and I'll do my best to help. Now on to the good stuff!!!

3. VERSION HISTORY

version 1.0 - 12/03/03: first attempt ever at a FAQ and the first version for the wanderers

4. LICENSE PLATE HELP

Wanderers 275, 276, 302, 309, 119, and 158 all require some sort of special license plate. The requirements for the plates are listed for each wanderer in their section. In order to change your license plate you must go into the car change menu. Then select change, choose the car which license plate you wish to change and then hit the square button. The first choice in this screen
applies to wanderer numbers 275, 276, 302 and 158. They all have a R#-C# designation. If you use the top left corner as R1-C1 you can then apply each given number to find the correct symbol needed. After you select that you much choose three numbers, they can be set to whatever you want as they will not impact the wanderer requirements at all. Next is a single character. This is part of wanderer 119 requirement. If you go all the way to the bottom and right you should be on a "Y". Choose the character to the left of "Y" for wanderer 119's requirement. Lastly, for wanderer 309 you have the choice of 4 numbers. Set all of these numbers to 1 for his requirement. That should do it for those wanderers.

5. PS2 CLOCK TRICK

For wanderers 273, 279 and 288 you need your playstation 2's internal clock to be at a certain time. Instead of waiting for this time to come around in the game you can go into your PS2's settings and change the time. To do this
choose the system configuration option when you first turn your PS2 on. This should bring you to the Clock Adjustment screen. From here hit triangle and find the Time Zone option. Change that to the Japan time zone. back out of that and then change the time to whatever the requirement is for the wanderer you are doing.

6. PARKED WANDERERS

Wanderers #268, #279 and #125 will not appear in front of you when you select
thier designated section like most wanderers do. Instead they are parked on
the side of the road waiting for you. In order to get them to race you, you
can do 2 things. First if you drive by them slowly they will usually pull out
and challenge you. Your other option is ramming them out. Ramming them out
will almost always get them going and from there you are a flash of the high
beams away.

7. WHIRLWIND FANFARE'S SPECIAL SECTION

This happens to be the most unfortuante part of the game. Whirlwind Fanfare
has a requirement of 100 million CP but in the game you cannot earn more than
99,999,990 CP. This leaves you 10 CP short of the requirement and 1% away from
finishing the game with 100%. The only way to get the 100 million CP is to use
a gameshark or similar cheating device. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but
this is just the way it is.

8. TOKYO WANDERERS:

C1 Inner Loop:

#260 Rikochan - will only appear on even numbered days (i.e. day 2, 4, 6 . . .)
#261 The Divine Wind - will only appear on rainy/snowy days
#262 White Tiger - will only appear on Fridays
#263 Immortal Clown - will appear after you come out of a pit area
#264 Sorrow Six Star - will only appear if you are driving a car manufactured by Subaru
#265 Straying Idol Freak - will only appear on Wednesdays if you are driving a Toyota MR-S
#266 Bloody Mary - will only appear on Wednesdays after you have beaten #265

C1 Outer Loop:

#267 Illusion B - will only appear after you have 10 or more wins
#268 Caffeine x3 - will only appear on days that are a multiple of 3 (i.e. 3, 6, 9 . . .) or include the number 3 (i.e. 3, 13, 23 . . .). You must challenge him a total of 3 times for him to race you.
#269 Paul Suzuki - will only appear on days that are a multiple of 5 (i.e. day 5, 10, 15 . . .). He parks on the left side of the Outer Loop.
#270 Funabashi Hooligan - will appear after you have entered all the pit areas in Tokyo. You do not have to do this all in one day.
#271 Rolling Master - will only appear if you are driving a Toyota Trueno with a Rolling Guys club sticker on it
#272 The Death Driver - will only appear in the kasumigasenki tunnel after 2:00am. When you are choosing a starting point hit up on your controller once and then select the CI Outer route, he should challenge you right after the auto pilots shuts off.
#273 Shutokou Leader - will only appear after you have gotten a time of 4'05" or better on the time attack mode for the C1 Outer Loop

ShinKanjou CCL:

#274 Mosquito Lemon - will appear when you have 2 or more cars in your garage
#275 Wild Child - will appear if you have the R12-C2 choice for you license plate
#276 Crossroad Queen - will only race you if you use R6-C3 license plate and have over 300 miles on you trip meter
#277 Yellow Desperado - will only race you if you are in a newly bought car
#278 Gold License - will only race you if you are signaling right with your blinker before you flash your high beams. There might be another requirement to get him to appear but I am not sure.
#279 Master Position - will only appear if you are driving a non-custom and non-special non-japanese car. He only appears between 21:00 and 23:00 and is parked on the rainbow bridge

ShinKanjou CWL

#280 Glamorous Mami - will race you after you have added a sticker to your car. Headlight color changes work as well.
#281 Raspberry Kiss - will only appear on days that are a multiple of 30 (i.e. 30, 60, 90 . . .) and only on the second half of the game
#282 Kaoru - will only appear on Tuesdays and Fridays as long as your trip meter is below 200 miles
#283 Cutie Hip - will only race you if your car does not have a spoiler equipped
#284 Drift Samurai - will only race you if you have an APS club sticker on your car
#285 Silver Wolf - will only race you if you have 500 or more wins

Wangan In:

#286 VIP Style - will only race VIP type cars with custom rims. Nissan Cedric 300 VIP will work.
#287 Dirty HATO - will race you if you are driving a 1980s car
#288 Past 12 o' clock Cinderella - will race you after 00:00 if you are driving an American car

Wangan Out:

#289 Goldan Wolf - will race you if you are driving a Mercedes-Benz or Volkswagen
#290 Mark of Outburst - will race you if you are driving a Lotus
#291 Zero - will only race you if all the numbers in the day are the same (i.e. 11, 22, 33 . . .)
#292 White Dragon Revolution - will only race you after you have swapped your engine
#293 Late Night Salesman - will only race you if the mileage on your car is between 1100 and 2000 miles. Not sure on exact numbers.

Yokohane In:

#294 Osaka Blond - will race you if you are driving a wagon type car
#295 Gentle Rain - will only race you on rainy day and only if you are driving a Nissan Skyline HT2000 GT-R(this car is aquired from Dirty HATO)
#296 Electric Shark - you must turn on your hazard lights (R3) and then alternate hitting the right and left wall/barrier, he will come from behind and challenge after not too long
#297 Exotic Butterfly - will appear after you have between 15 and 20 million CP. You also must have a Wind Star club sticker on your car. (Thanks to heyizsushiboi for confirming this)

Yokohane Out:

#298 Night Rocket - will only race you if you have a special BAD name. To do this you can put a Rolling Guy club sticker on a Toyota Trueno and win races until you become Rolling Guy #0.
#299 SPEED BOX - will race you after you have beaten the Commander team
#300 I, Shiotani - will race you after you have beaten every team from all areas
#301 S. Agata Cattle - will appear after you have sold 1 car (Thanks go out to Rolling Guy for confirming this)

Yokohama CCL:

#302 Ghost Soul - will race you if you use the R5-C2 license plate on your car
#303 The Surf Goblin - will race you if you are driving a car with 4WD (i.e. Subaru WRX or Nissan Skyline R32-34
#304 Mr. N-zuka - will race you if you are driving a newer version Mazda RX-7 with an Infinity club sticker on your car
#305 NOB - will only appear if your car looks stock, so don't do any aero, reinforcement, muffler, or weight down adjustments on your car (Thanks to CerberusWolf70SS for confirming this)

Yokohama CWL:

#306 Armadillo - will challenge you right after you beat #307
#307 Obi-Wan Kenori - will challenge you right after you beat #308
#308 Yamacchi - will challenge you right after you beat #309
#309 Let's GO! - will race you only if the number on your license plate is 11-11

9. NAGOYA WANDERERS:

Kanjou:

#117 Hyper Groove - will only appear on Tuesdays, must have an American Car.
#118 Snow Dancer - will only race you on rainy/snowy days and only if you painted your car in the body paint menu on the same day
#119 Maniac Bun Bun Maru - will only appear on days that are a multiple of 10 (i.e. 10, 20, 30 . . .) and you must use the "Ro" character on your license plate. The Ro character can be found in the bottom corner to the left of the "Y".
#120 Midnight Black Sun - will only appear after you have gone into the Pit Area in the bottom corner 5 or more times
#121 White Leopard - will only race you if you are driving a 1980s Nissan car. The older 300ZX works for him
#122 Fascinating Magician - will only race you if you own 2 of the same car. You can race him with any car you want as long as you own 2 of the same in your garage (Thanks to wow its yugi for confirming this)
#123 100,000km Rotary Man - will only race you if your car has less than 1200 miles on it
#124 W Gen-san - will only appear on Fridays and will only race cars that are lighter than 600kg

W Higashimeihan:

#125 Phantom Spectacle - will only race you if you are driving either a Nissan
R32, R33 or R34 Skyline. This wanderer is parked on the side of the road and will only challenge you if you are slowly driving past
#126 Kuso Chimpan - will only race you after you have beaten 100 rivals in the Nagoya area
#127 Turbo Man - will only race you if you are driving a non-turbo car and only after beating #126

E Higashimeihan:

#128 WEST No. 5 - will only appear on Mondays and will only race you if your battle speed is 130mph or above (unsure about the speed needed)
#129 Cram Instructor - will only race you if you are driving a FF car (i.e. Mitsubishi FTO, Toyota Starlet, etc) and only if you have the shift assist turned off
#130 Shocking White Dog - will only appear once wanderers are the only rivals

10. OSAKA WANDERERS:

Kanjou Upper/Lower:

#142 POU@MSR - will challenge you after you have drained #143 half way
#143 Mistral@MSR - will race only on Saturday and Sunday
#144 EIC@MSR - will appear after you have beaten #142 and #143
#145 Sport Newspaper Mania - will only appear on days that end in 9 (i.e. 9, 19, 29 . . .)
#146 Night King - will challenge you in the Hagashi area (on the right-most straightaway, top half). Drive in first gear at the redline and don't shift up while honking your horn (hold in L3 until he shows up)
#147 FD Tomo-san - will appear after you have used the upper left pit area 5-10 times
#148 Beat Ignition - will race you if your muffler is Level 3 or higher
#149 Jet Black - will only race you if your license plate is off

Wangan In:

#150 Wangan Runner - will appear after you have won 1-3 battles and then returned to the garage in this area for several days
#151 Fire Legend - will only race you if you have swapped to an L-type engine (basically, just need an inline)
#152 Orimabu - will appear after you have won 3 battles in a row in one day in this area

Wangan Out:

#153 Stalker Hammer - will appear after you have won 1 race for ten consecutive days in the same strip without leaving for another area during this time. You also cannot lose a race during this time as well.
#154 Radiant Storm - unsure of the requirements for him but he is easy to find and race (if you can't find him, make sure Team Alpha has been beaten)
#155 YOO@TFB - will only race you after you have beaten #148 and after you have turned the volume to the maximum in the options menu

Sakai In:

#156 Magazine Z - will only race you after you have purchased the eldest and youngest Z models and have them all currently in your garage. You must be using the 350Z when you challenge him and have the 240z in your garage. (Thanks Darin)
#157 Whirlwind Fanfare - will race you once you have accumualted 100,000,000 CP(Thanks to heyitzsushiboi for confirming this)
#158 Mister Orange Road - will only race you if you are using the license plate R17-C3 and are driving a fairly new car

Sakai Out:

#159 The Pinball - unsure of the requirements for him, but he is easy to find and race
#160 The Driver - will only race you after you have beaten the Low Position team. You must also set your ride height to -30mm in order to race him.

11. RIVAL #600
After you have defeated all 599 rivals listed in the game you get to race rival #600. But he won't appear right away. You must go back to Tokyo and select Wangan In and then choose the middle-most starting point. Race and beat any rival and he will come from behind you and challenge you to one final race. If you though that I was going to tell you what #600 drives then you are sadly mistaken. You have to beat everyone else to find out.

12. CREDITS
I thank everyone that deserves to be thanked and everyone that has found this FAQ to be useful. Special thanks to everyone on the GameFAQ message board forhelping me out, without you this FAQ would not be complete. Also would like tothank CerberusWolf70SS for answering all the wanderer questions i could not getaround to, those guys are relentless with Night King topics. I also thank GameFAQs for being so cool as to let me contribute this to them in order tohelp all those that needed it.

-I thought I'd add this due to it's usefulness and great writeup.
Originally posted by MazKid
Here's my contribution...
The Wanderer #270 Funabashi Hooligan Tokyo Pit Map!
Made it myself on my 2nd attempt to go to all the pits tonight. Beat him too.

There's 19 pits, I've labeled each one with a colored dot. The circles are simply the starting points.

Enjoy!
attachment.php

***WARNING!!!***
You'll need to reverse around and catch the pit in the middle of the OTHER route according to the map, from the opposite direction. So, there is actually 20 pits.

great information . ;)

I need to know something. I was told that the Mileage trick works. Mine doesnt work. would you happen to know if there is a difference in zero and 3 when it comes to this. I have already completed about 85% and have three cars one with about 1300 miles onewith about 600 miles and one with 100 miles. the one with 100 miles is the one I want to reach 1250 miles. is there something that you may know that I dont know about the milage trick? I have used the same method with TXR0 but no doing. after falling asleep and coming back to the game I had not gained 1 mile, but the car was still just a rolling along in it's cruise control fashion.:confused:

does anyone know if there is a way to change your license plate after you bought your car, cuz I don't want to by extra cars, just so I can meet the license plate requirements for some of the wanderers.

go into the car change menu, bring up the car you wanna change the plate for (the screen w/ the car on it and and the change/spec options) and just hit the square button

Originally posted by MrSmith
great information . ;)

I need to know something. I was told that the Mileage trick works. Mine doesnt work. would you happen to know if there is a difference in zero and 3 when it comes to this. I have already completed about 85% and have three cars one with about 1300 miles onewith about 600 miles and one with 100 miles. the one with 100 miles is the one I want to reach 1250 miles. is there something that you may know that I dont know about the milage trick? I have used the same method with TXR0 but no doing. after falling asleep and coming back to the game I had not gained 1 mile, but the car was still just a rolling along in it's cruise control fashion.:confused:

This is how I perform the mileage trick. It has worked 4 times already.

Step 1: Select the car you want to use.
Step 2: Select the place to drive, try and use a big open ovel, gives the fastest results, no braking.
Step 3: Enter and the moment you can see the course and your car, open up the cd drive on your PS2 and leave it open for several hours, or atleast until you have your miles or when you want to race.

I recommend saving after you go back to home. That way, you don't have to wait all over again.

Originally posted by IDAFC21
go into the car change menu, bring up the car you wanna change the plate for (the screen w/ the car on it and and the change/spec options) and just hit the square button

Thanx.

Originally posted by WhiteCharisma85
Can someone please just give me a screen of the Mach 1(Hyper Groove) so I can torture myself?

huh? Did you like it alot or hate it alot. Because either way it would be torture, in that sense.

Most of that info is wrong. For example, I tried, racing Gentle Rain, with the old Skyline on a rainy day, but he didnt even show up. You think, they changed the requirements for the NA version? And maybe, make the conversion for the million cp?

Okay, I had no problem racing Gentle Rain, or Whirlwind Fanfare. I used a gameshark to get 999,999,990cp (yeah, so, you try and get that much in a week, lol).

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that maybe they did change the requirements in the different versions. Now, I'm going even further out to say that I think there might be a small possibility that they are different depending on what pressing of the game you have. I just bought mine about 1 week ago..

The other possibility I have, is that maybe the gameshark changed something?

Originally posted by WhiteCharisma85
I'm guessing one of those 10 wanderers is that guy that wants lots of money til you can race him?

You guessed it. :D
Actually it's two of the ones I need to do. Exotic Butterfly and the Whirlwind Fanfare both require a large amount of money.

Originally posted by Integra Type R
Sweet! I see that this thread got stickied. :D Maybe my Official TXR3 thread will get that honor? ;)

All I did was ask the almighty Duke. He is a really cool guy, you should get to know him. Be polite in asking, though, he is a moderator.

Give me 3 days and I will know, I am going home for christmas break. Then I can borrow a buddies GameShark, personally I don't like cheating, but it is a requirement. I will post what he looks like then.

Back