Tyre choice for drifting

• Thread starter :G:
  • 100 comments
Because you are practicing bad habits. Using the same tires will give you more traction so you can get more speed coming up to a section, you will sustain more speed though the drift, and your exit speeds will be higher due to higher speeds. In tandem if you use N3/N2 tires and the other guy has N3's then he will pull a lot of space on you while drifting if he leads, or if he chases you, he will be able to get closer to you and put more pressure on you because of it. Also this will look good to the judges(the guy using N3 all around). Not to mention he will have more smoke, and will be able to adjust his line easier than you since he has more overall traction in the rear.

All i can say is man, you must be good! 👍 I'm finally getting the hack of drifting in GT4, but whenever i use the same tires up front as in the back (as i said) mostly i just get tons of understeer. Or if i do get sideways it's usually short-lived cuz i'll kick out the rear, but eventually there will be this mad snapback :mad: and spin spin spin i go! :indiff:

to much coutner steer

True. That's the main thing i notice: it take more control in GT4...you can't just go full-opposite lock all the time...in fact most of the time when i actually get a sucessful drift, i'm using partial everything: partial throttle, steering, and brakes. it's like you're contantly giving a bit of this and taking away some of that.

i hate snapback. and whenever i drift, i cant leave the steering alone when i countersteer. i twitch back and forth. is it easier to control throttle and steering with a dfp or ds2?

i hate snapback. and whenever i drift, i cant leave the steering alone when i countersteer. i twitch back and forth. is it easier to control throttle and steering with a dfp or ds2?

I think it depends on whatever you're used to. For me, the dual-shock is better. I had a wheel for a few days but it was a cheapie; not a nice DFP. But even if i had one; i'm not sure i'd be any better than with a dual-shock after almost 4 years of virtual racing. 👍

I think it depends on whatever you're used to. For me, the dual-shock is better. I had a wheel for a few days but it was a cheapie; not a nice DFP. But even if i had one; i'm not sure i'd be any better than with a dual-shock after almost 4 years of virtual racing. 👍

Ditto, I used the DS2 for far too long to probably be better on a DFP, I have a drunk-like reaction when i steer.. well that's the case when i have a pathetic wheel.. You have to steer at least 50degrees for it to register as a turn, and on that 50 degrees, the minimal amount needed to turn the car, turns the car a lot more than it would If i has tapped left or right.

THe thing about tires is you need to figure out what works for you. Everyone is different therefore theyre setups will be different. I adjust my tires to the carim workin with. In my Stang i use rs rear and rss fronts. But, My celica gt-four i use n1 rearsand n3 fronts. But thats me.

Dear god, my grammar sucked. Amazing what three years does, no?

Anyway, now that I'm accustomed to GT4's physics and have had my share of practice, I use N2s on average drift cars, and N3s on high performance ones. My main drift car is a early model FD RX-7 with about 400 HP and N3s. Snapback still sucks.

^ im having a similar Problem With my Stang only im using r3's and if it doesnt snap back it spins all together.

Back