UEFA Champions League And Europa League thread

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 790 comments
Courtois has been immense.

He's come from far.

Remember when he was severely depressed? hated? despised? made fun of?

He overcame it all.

He's about to win madrid the champions league.

Lad status achieved.

Congrats to Real Madrid on #14!

Courtois made all the difference tonight, but Liverpool just didn't have enough even though they were the better side for long stretches of the game. That said, the two times they were tested, they failed pretty badly.

Also, can someone please tell Glenn Hoddle that Real is pronounced 'Ray-al' and not 'Reel'....?

ray donovan omg GIF by Sky

Last edited:
As I said before, so much luck goes to that Real Madrid side.

The first goal, that was offside (I don't think it was), was a complete mess of a goal. It's just magical how the ball ends up in Benzema's feet out of nowhere.

Even the actual goal, was a shot from Valverde, that he completely missed, and luckily Vinicius was there for the tap in. :lol:

Wonder how Liverpool fans feel, after their team being superior, and still loosing the final. Probably the same way City, Chelsea and PSG fans feel lol.

Courtois man of the match, by a gigaParsec.

As for Mbappe, it makes no difference. If he was to join Real, he would rather want them to lose, so he could become the main man when he joined, and be the guy to help RM lift the trophy again. With Real winning it now, with a team that has been more lucky than good, the pressure for next season is a lot higher.

Congrats to Real Madrid, the mentality of the squad is incredible and many of the players there have now won five Champions Leagues at the club, Ancelotti has been magnificent as well.

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned much here but what happened before the match that led it to be delayed?, I heard one of the turnstiles broke down which led to many fans left queuing for hours, plus being tear-gassed!

Just to let you know, the Champions league started on Friday...

Vikingur Rejk... beat Inter Club D'Es... 1 - 0

The idiot BBC Sports fixture page doesnt show the full names as usual and theres no link to a match report... 🙄

I'm guessing Reykjavik won. I've got no idea who lost though!

The idiot BBC Sports fixture page doesnt show the full names as usual and theres no link to a match report... 🙄

Inter Club d'Escaldes? Never heard of it, but here's the wikipedia page of that team:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inter_Club_d'Escaldes

Still better than the sky sports app, since they lost the rights to the champions league I have to scroll past Inverness Caledonian thistle vs Aberdeen before the champions league final scores lol

Champions League draw will be at 4 pm tonight...

... and, for the first time since 2007, there will be two Scottish clubs (Rangers and Celtic) involved...

-

Hearts play Zurich in Edinburgh tonight for a place in the Europa League group stages, but need to overturn a one goal deficit to do so. If they succeed, it will be the first time Hearts have reached the group stages since 2004.

Last edited:
Champions League Groups draw:

Group A
: Ajax, Liverpool, Napoli, Rangers

Group B: Porto, Atletico Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen, Club Bruges

Group C: Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Viktoria Plzen

Group D: Eintracht Frankfurt, Tottenham, Sporting Lisbon, Marseille

Group E: AC Milan, Chelsea, RB Salzburg, Dinamo Zagreb

Group F: Real Madrid, RB Leipzig, Shakhtar Donetsk, Celtic

Group G: Manchester City, Sevilla, Borussia Dortmund, FC Copenhagen

Group H: Paris St-Germain, Juventus, Benfica, Maccabi Haifa

Celtic v Real Madrid and Rangers v Liverpool :eek:

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

Group C is mighty...

Last edited:
Spurs have a progressable group. Conte looks like he is building up something good there.

Vaduz have knocked out Rapid Vienna and are in the Conference League group stages.

Liechtenstein are in the group stages. Liechtenstein.

Vaduz don't play in the Liechtenstein league because there isn't one, they play in the Swiss second division, they qualified through the Liechtenstein cup.

Chelsea lost their opening CL group game away to Zagreb, Orsic with the only goal in a 1-0 win for Dinamo, PSG beat Juventus 2-1 with two goals from Mbappe, Man City beat Sevilla 4-0 and Real Madrid beat Celtic 3-0.

Champions, Europa and Conference league all return this week, starting tonight.

2D4F9217-64DC-4CAB-94A8-4A557E9DD67A.jpeg

Total humiliation for Rangers in the Champions League tonight, and a 6-minute hat-trick for Mo Salah.

Apparently it's only the second time in Rangers' history that they've conceded 7 goals, the last time being in 1957.

Liverpool are not even top of the group, and yet Rangers now sit at the foot of the group with a goal difference of -15 after just 4 games, and zero points.

Celtic, their famous local rivals, also sit at the bottom of their group, -7 goal difference and 1 point.

Scotland may have two teams in the CL for the first time since 07/08, but sadly they've never been weaker.

Back