UEFA Euro 2012

• Thread starter AlexGTV
  • 1,751 comments
Hey someone should set up a world cup 2014 qualfiying thread!, if they havnt done it already!?

Its maybe because the european part of qualifying doesnt start till september...but the south american part started a few months ago, so did the african one as well i think..

And we only just qualified for the World Cup 2010, played the final qualifier playoff, still made it in, advanced out of a tough group stage in 2nd place, and got knocked out in Round of 16 to Spain (who won it) from an offsides goal nonetheless. :sly:

*ish happens, Portugal has been due for a championship for decades now. Bring on the World Cup!!! I'm sure brit minded folks will still keep on hating Portugal though. Portugal will qualify for the World Cup. ;)

And yep, 24 team tourney, I think because of the whole 2 host nation thing (even though it's going to be in France next).

I hope we get England in the way or in the next WC so we can see more hating :lol:, because we all know what will happen :sly:.

Horde_R35
I hope we get England in the way or in the next WC so we can see more hating :lol:, because we all know what will happen :sly:.

I don't hate the team, just two of their main players who stand for everything I despise in football.
And yes if Portugal and England go head to head Portugal will win, the way England play in major tournaments any big team can knock us out with ease.

So it can be a results page, and not a discussion thread ? Only Famine will know 💡

I locked it while I was piecing it together. I'll fill in the results from June tomorrow and unlock it.

I notice once again that perfectly valid points are being ignored on grounds of the nationality of those expressing them. You wouldn't accept this the other way, folks...

Apparently UEFA have admitted to a bit of artistic license during the Germany v Italy game... remember the shot of the lady crying after Balotelli put Italy 2-0 up? Well, apparently that shot was recorded during the national anthems before the game even started, but was spliced in to show "the human story of the game”. :rolleyes:

I guess I'm one of the few American soccer fans on here :lol:. I wish our WC qualis were more spread out, we had two in one weekend (win vs. Antigua and Barbuda and draw vs. Guatemala) a few weeks back and don't have anymore until a weekend in September, which is also two games. Confusing.

Apparently UEFA have admitted to a bit of artistic license during the Germany v Italy game... remember the shot of the lady crying after Balotelli put Italy 2-0 up? Well, apparently that shot was recorded during the national anthems before the game even started, but was spliced in to show "the human story of the game”. :rolleyes:

Saw that on the news the other day. The lady will take them to court apperantly 👍. Thats only one of the things that were manipulated.

Last edited:
Back