UEFA Euro 2012

• Thread starter AlexGTV
  • 1,751 comments
A predictable finish..to a great tournament!!

Its been a fantastic 3 weeks, ive loved every minute!! :)

A preview of the upcoming FIFA ranking

1. Spain 1691
  2. Germany 1502
  3. Uruguay 1297
  4. England 1294
  5. Portugal 1213
  6. Italy 1192
  7. Argentina 1095
  8. Netherlands 1079
  9. Croatia 1050
  10. Denmark 1017
  11. Brazil 1012
  12. Greece 1003
  13. Russia 981
  14. France 980
  15. Chile 961
  16. Cote D'Ivoire 939
  17. Sweden 909
  18. Czech Republic 854
  19. Mexico 832
  20. Japan 829

Ireland down to 26, Ukraine up to 46 and Poland up to 54.

I think this Spain side is the greatest of my generation, 90's onwards. And i think they should be included as one of the greatest national sides of all time. To do what they have done, and win the final of the euro with a crushing win over Italy, who beat the highly fancied Germany.

To be the first team to retain the Euro championship, and winning 3 majors in a row. This is truly Spain's golden era of Football.
I'm not Spanish, and i don't care much for them, but to be around and see such a great side play, i will surely be telling me grandchildren about this.

Also, for those rankings, are just a load of crap! No way does greece deserve 12th, let alone England 4th. I don't know what those rankings are for anyway.

Was rooting for Italy but they were totally out classed and when they went down to 10 it was pretty much damage control from then onwards. Good to see Spain win 3 on the trot though, well deserved. Was funny seeing how many damn kids the team has! Torres babysitting :sly:

Woooow, the fireworks sounds like machinegun fire coming out of my surround. :lol:

Yeah it sounded like they were shelling the place. Impressive display though, probably better then we are going to get for the Olympics ceremony.

England 4th :lol:

Hilarious :lol: Not even top 10 at best.

:( It was too sad, poor balotelli he was crying quite much tonight...We knew it was gonna be hard, but defeated so bad in this way, after we had a 1-1 in the first match against Spain...well that sucks....

emacifa
:( It was too sad, poor balotelli he was crying quite much tonight...We knew it was gonna be hard, but defeated so bad in this way, after we had a 1-1 in the first match against Spain...well that sucks....

Italy just weren't good enough. Same as England weren't good enough against Italy.

You guys were also down a man, and had no subs left.

I'd take the second place finish if I had to make do with those circumstances.

Enjuries took down Italia. Its a shame. They didnt react when they went down to 10 playes... just when they where much better in the beginning of the 2nd half.

Congrats to Spain. Was a pretty decent final but injuries ultimately killed Italy. I knew it was over when the scoreline was 2-0 and Motta, who just came on, went off on injury with Italy playing the remainder a man down.

I was in Newark but avoided the big celebrations. :P

Horde_R35
Enjuries took down Italia. Its a shame. They didnt react when they went down to 10 playes... just when they where much better in the beginning of the 2nd half.

No, Spain took down Italy. Even if they didn't have injuries, Spain would have still won.

Yeah,injuries and fatigue from germany and england games made italy start the match unfavourite ...but we know we could do it,in the first game with spain it was 1 1 , we neede fresh men,spanish were still at 100% shape and we were not, but how can u explain that ? I explain in this way : spain is one foot over every italy,england,germany and so on..simply on another level,got to admit it...

Back