• 87 comments

MUSC4EVER

The story continues....
Premium
Wales
wrexham
jameskent86451
Jamobomb86
There is a new UEFA International tournament starting this week, involving the men's national teams of the 55 members of UEFA, it will be held from September to November for the League format and June 2019 for the finals.

How it works.
Its a bit complicated! The nations will be divided in to four divisions (called 'leagues') 12 teams in league A, 12 teams in league B, 15 teams in league C and 16 teams in league D. Teams were divided according to their coefficients after the conclusion of the World Cup qualifiers, with the highest ranked teams in league A, then the next highest in league B and so on.

Each league is divided into four groups of three or four teams, so each teams will play four or six matches in their group (home and away) on matchdays in September, October and November 2018.

The teams in League A will compete to become the Champions, the first placed team in each of the four groups will face each other in semi finals and final (plus third place match) in June 2019.

The teams in the leagues below can get promoted or relegated from the leagues should they finish bottom or top of their groups.

The Nations League is also linked with the Euro 2020 qualifiers, the draw seedings are based on the overall rankings of the Nations League (somehow!)

The Euro 2020 qualifiers start in March 2019 and the process is the same.

And I think that's it for now, let me know if you want to know more. :)

League A and groups

League A

Group 1

Germany
France
Netherlands

Group 2
Belgium
Switzerland
Iceland
Group 3
Portugal
Italy
Poland

Group 4
England
Spain
Croatia

League B and groups

Group 1
Slovakia
Ukraine
Czech Republic

Group 2
Russia
Sweden
Turkey

Group 3
Austria
Bosnia
Northern Ireland

Group 4
Wales
Ireland
Denmark

League C groups

Group 1
Scotland
Albania
Israel

Group 2
Hungary
Greece
Finland
Estonia

Group 3
Slovenia
Norway
Bulgaria
Cyprus

Group 4
Romania
Serbia
Montenegro
Lithuania

League D groups

Group 1
Georgia
Latvia
Kazakhstan
Andorra

Group 2
Belarus
Luxembourg
Moldova
San Marino

Group 3
Azerbaijan
Faroe Islands
Malta
Kosovo

Group 4
Macedonia
Armenia
Liechtenstein
Gibraltar

The first matches will be played on the 6th September.

Yeah, and Denmark players are in dispute with the DFA over image rights and none of the senior players are going to be chosen. They're choosing borderline Danish third tier and potentially futsal players for their friendly against Slovakia tomorrow and NL game against Wales on Sunday.

They're not allowed to throw the game because they've done that already in the last year and Denmark is under a four-year probation period from UEFA because of it.

So... either Wales will win 10-0 or lose 0-1. :indiff:

The Denmark team is out, don't recognise any names, I'm told that there's at least four Futsal players in it...

The Denmark team is out, don't recognise any names, I'm told that there's at least four Futsal players in it...

And they took the public transport from Bratislava airport; Trnava, the city where the game was played, is about 50 minutes away by intercity bus. Pluckily, they only lost 0-3.

The news now is that the Danish PA and Danish FA are in "new negotiations" to get the senior players back, maybe in time for Wales on Sunday. Which would be frustrating, I was looking forward to another 6-0 win under Giggs. :lol: But at least the Danish team would be far less prepared.

But still, the game against Ireland is tonight. On paper we should win but I've always held them as a massive bogey team so I'll take any sort of result against them.

This new competition is underway with Georgia beating Kazakhstan a bit earlier, Armenia and Liechtenstein is currently 1-1.

Some of the matches tonight include Portugal v Croatia, Czech Republic v Ukraine and Wales v Ireland, Netherlands also play Peru in a friendly.

Edit: Just found out that Germany v France is also on tonight.

This new competition is underway with Georgia beating Kazakhstan a bit earlier, Armenia and Liechtenstein is currently 1-1.

Some of the matches tonight include Portugal v Croatia, Czech Republic v Ukraine and Wales v Ireland, Netherlands also play Peru in a friendly.

Edit: Just found out that Germany v France is also on tonight.
Make that 2-1. Gripping stuff.

Germany and France teams

Neuer, Ginter, Hummels, Rudiger, Kimmich, Goretzka, Kroos, Reus, Muller, Werner.

Areola, Pavard, Umtiti, Varane, Hernandez, Kante, Pogba, Matuidi, Mbappe, Greizmann, Giroud.

Both countries going strong tonight!

Wales 4-1 Ireland. Well that was a bit surprising!

What a goal by Bale, fantastic performance overall 👍

Germany and France drew 0-0

Italy drew 0-0 with Poland last night, Northern Ireland v Bosnia is on now and England v Spain is on tonight.

It was 1-1, apologises, that's the second time you had to correct me now! :lol:

Luke Shaw suffered Concussion after a clash with Carvajal in England 1-2 loss to Spain last night, he was stretchered off after a lengthy stoppage time, he was awake and talking after the game.

England played well at times but don't have the quality that Spanish have, especially in centre midfield where Saul and Busquets ran the show, England's goal was top quality though.

Wales play a newly upgraded Denmark at 5pm, Denmark have sorted out the commercial rights dispute and will now be back to full strength.

Last edited:
Spain put six past Croatia tonight, that's the World Cup finalists Croatia!

What an utter disgrace Hierro was. Spain would’ve won the World Cup had they not sacked Lopetegui.

Wales 4-1 Ireland. Well that was a bit surprising!

What a goal by Bale, fantastic performance overall 👍
What sucks the most about that loss is that it was followed up by a 1-1 draw away to Poland, giving John Delaney yet another excuse to stay in charge of the FAI.

Portugal beat Poland away from home 2-3, Scotland lost to Israel 2-1.

Croatia v England is tonight, behind closed doors because of an incident in 2015.

I would say its a surprise but Germany have been crap for a while now.

Still a great result for the Netherlands though.

Gibraltar won their first ever competitive match in 22 attempts last night, they beat Armenia 0-1 away from home.

Well done to them.

Spain 2-3 England, all about the first half performance by England, Sterling with two and Rashford with the other put them 0-3 up at half time, was all Spain in the second half as you'd expect but England held out, despite a strong penalty shout for Spain, not a penalty for me, Pickford got the ball.

Fantastic by England.

I'm always a fan of players arguing with officials in vein, but Morata trying to get the ref to un-blow the final whistle is a new personal favourite.

Iceland and Poland have been relegated from Division A to Division B, Iceland haven't picked up a point from their group from three games, Poland and Italy played on Sunday with the loser getting relegated, it was 0-0 for 99.9% of the game and then Italy put home a 92nd minute equaliser.

Back