UEFA Nations League

• Thread starter MUSC4EVER
  • 87 comments
Italy dominated that game though. They hit the crossbar at least three times in the 1st half and actually looked like a team for the first time under Mancini.

France v Germany is the pick of tonight's games, Ireland v Wales also on.

France did end up beating Germany 2-1 so the slide continues for them.

Wales beat Ireland 0-1 with a great free kick from Harry Wilson, Ireland have only won one out of their last nine so they're on a slide too.

So its the climax of the League version of the first ever Nations League over the next few days, teams can get promoted to higher divisions or relegated to lower divisions, the top four teams from groups in the top division (Division A) will meet in semi finals and final next Summer to determine the winner.

Teams already relegated.
Iceland (A to B)
Poland (A to B)

Teams already promoted
Ukraine (B to A)
Georgia (D to C)

I'm not going to mention which teams could go down or up as there are so stuff that needs to happen that I cant mention it all here, but I will keep you updated on what's happening over the next few days.

The games start tonight, or now because Kazakhstan and Georgia just finished 1-1!

Wales v Denmark tonight with the winners finishing top of the group and getting promotion, a big game and Cardiff will be rocking!

France can make the semi finals tonight with a win over Netherlands.

Croatia beat Spain 3-2 in the last few minutes last night meaning their game with England on Sunday is winner takes all.

Netherlands beat France 2-0 last night meaning Germany have been relegated to Division B, Their wretched 2018 continues.

Wales lost out to Denmark 1-2, which means Wales cant get either promoted or relegated. Denmark play Ireland in the final game of that group.

England 2-1 Croatia, goals from Lingard and Kane as England come back to win.

England have now qualified for the Semi finals next Summer, Croatia join Germany Poland and Iceland in getting relegated to Division B.

That was quite extraordinary! Belgium were 2-0 up to the Swiss....only to lose 5-2!

The Swiss, 5-2 over Belgium?
nelson.png

Netherlands, Portugal, England and Switzerland advance to the semi finals next year, they will take place between June 5-9, location is currently unknown, it has to be neutral for all the teams involved of course, I reckon it'll be Germany.

Last edited:
Massive game for Scotland tonight, at home to Israel, both on six points in the group, winner get promotion to Division B and a potential Euro 2020 play off place.

Massive game for Scotland tonight, at home to Israel, both on six points in the group, winner get promotion to Division B and a potential Euro 2020 play off place.
Guaranteed minimum of a Euro 2020 play-off place. Every Group winner will get that.

Although the Euro 2020 qualifying and play-off stages are fundamentally inexplicable now, largely thanks to Nations League but also due to the fact that there's 12 host nations for Euro 2020, and the limitations on who can be drawn against who and when. It's genuinely bewildering... I'm glad I'm not the person that creates the thread for it every four years.

Wait...

🤬

UEFA Nations League finals are this week.

Wednesday
Portugal v Switzerland (7.45)

Thursday
Netherlands v England (7.45)

Sunday
3rd v 4th place playoff (2pm)
Final (7.45)

All matches are held in Portugal and kick-off times are GMT.

The Ronaldo show puts Portugal through to the first Nations League final, that free kick was brilliant.

Netherlands v England a bit later in the other semi final, certain England fans were being idiots by fighting Police in Portugal last night.

As for the game tonight, Kane and Henderson might be rested after playing the Champions League final, Sterling set to be captain on his 50th cap.

It seems that England doesn't know that in the extra time you're supposed to keep on playing football.

Some horrific decisions by a few England players tonight.

We have our final, Portugal v Netherlands is on Sunday night at 7.45 GMT.

Currently goalless in the 3rd/4th place game between Switzerland and England in a mostly dull affair.

The final between Portugal and Netherlands is 7.45 tonight.

Jordan Pickford the first Englishman to score and save a penalty in a competitive shootout.

Back