Ugly, cheap, boring, and bizarre interiors.

• Thread starter The87Dodge
  • 154 comments

The87Dodge

(Banned)
United States
Seattle, WA
rizkeat
I haven't seen any threads for bad car interiors, so I'd figured I would make one. If you come across and ugly, cheap, boring, bizarre, or just interiors you don't like, post them here.

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier. Ugly, very cheap looking, not very user friendly, and outdated for 2005.
chevrolet-cavalier-2005-interior-wallpaper-2.jpg

2010 Chevrolet Camaro. Extremely cheap materials used, and terrible visibility.
chevrolet camaro interior.jpg

1989 Buick Reatta. Though the interior wasn't cheap, it had a touch screen that almost never worked right.
buick-reatta-interior-2.jpg

2013 Fiat 500. Frustrating buttons, really small glove box, seats are too high, useless cup holders, and the speedometer and other gauges were very hard to see because of the steering wheel.
fiat-500-review-20-2013-fiat-500-turbo-review.jpg

What interiors do you think are terrible?

Last edited:
I think the Fiesta ST has a pretty basic interior and a cheap feel. It gets the job done, but none of it feels like it will last for a long time. Edit: I will say, though, that the optional Recaro seats really make up for the rest of it. They are lovely.

2014-Ford-Fiesta-ST-cockpit-2.jpg

Last edited:
I always thought the Peugeot 106 Kid Special Edition had an unusual interior. It was trimmed in denim...

IMAGE00027.jpg

post-4321-126995291113.jpg

I had one as my first car. To be fair, aside from looking crap, it was quite a good material as a seat covering. I'm surprised more manufacturers haven't dabbled with this.

2010 Chevrolet Cavalier. Extremely cheap materials used, and terrible visibility.
chevrolet-camaro-interior-jpg.567695
Erm... it says Camaro on the steering wheel and it's Camaro-esque. The description is right from my experience, but wrong car.

One that comes to mind I had to drive recently, the Saturn Ion. Not only is it dreadful to drive, it's also dreadful to be in. Stupid tiny steering wheel, poorly laid out, awful seats that you cannot get comfy in no matter how hard you try, nowhere to rest your arms..
image.jpg

Circa 2003 (dunno gen/years) Grand Cherokee. Nothing laid out well, seats just suck you in and don't allow you to actually move and become comfortable, terrible driving position.
image.jpg

Late 90s Buick Riviera, again everything is laid out stupidly and is hard to read, plus the stupid overhanging dash and oddly shaped steering wheel.
image.jpg

And the Lexus RX300, which has an awful driving position in a rather crappy to drive SUV.
image.jpg

And basically any 1990s-2000s era GM/Ford product simply for how cheap and dreadful the interiors are, with some exceptions.

Jesus, I am a sucker for the Fortwo but, this interior sucks bad...
smart-interior.jpg

I know it's a tiny car but, this could have been better..

I thought weird designs on interior fabric went away with the new millenium?:yuck:

Also, I know late 90's GM as a whole has already been mentioned, but the C5 needs special mention.

2001_Chevrolet_Corvette_1876_19.jpg

I don't mean to insult you or anything @The87Dodge, but I find the Aries' interior to be just horrendous. The red coloring doesn't help either :crazy:

919548065_b5cc89e317.jpg

1997-2003 F-150. It's just so........lifeless.

maxresdefault.jpg

2007-2013 Mini. Why put the speedometer in the middle :confused:

2010-mini-cooper-hardtop-2-door-coupe-s-dashboard_100304478_l.jpg

I can deal with ugly, yet ergonomically correct. My pet peeve is strip speedometers. I can deal with one in a 40 year old car, its actually charming in a way. But GM managed to make it deep into the '90s with them on a few cars.

I thought weird designs on interior fabric went away with the new millenium?:yuck:

Also, I know late 90's GM as a whole has already been mentioned, but the C5 needs special mention.

2001_Chevrolet_Corvette_1876_19.jpg

Especially when you can so easily tell what parts were dumped straight intp the parts bin. Both of the interiors of the C4 had their own problems, but they didn't so clearly flaunt an entire center stack shared with a Silverado, for example.

The original Ford Ka's interior was kinda bizarre and horrid at the same time... plus could be had in a nasty plum colour.

FORDKa-2673_6.jpg
I love this interior. Funky, but it complements the rest of the car perfectly. Everything's laid out really nicely.

The Perodua Kancil is a very odd one - everything is whole chunks of plastic with very little detailing or offset colours. The instrument cluster being in a big semi-circle above the centre console doesn't seem ergonomically brilliant either.

st-block-32-1418093224719-raw.JPG

I take your Fiat and raise you one Maserati Boomerang.

hqdefault.jpg

Truly "WAT" material.

Uh oh, I feel deja vu. I'm sure Cano might get his ass here to talk about it. I heard he loves that interior, especially how that steering wheel is with all that info.

Back