UK Christmas Number 1 - Xfactor PreventionMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alex.
  • 84 comments
  • 6,237 views
If Zack De La Rocha was pictured throwing darts at a picture of joe there would be a media outrage...

EDIT: Then again Zack would do it the guy in person :lol:

Nobody would care.

I supported last years campaign to get Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah after I saw many comments of people saying 'He's ruined Alexandria's song'.

Is this going to happen every time after this Joe brings out and Album?
 
Difference is RATM have alot better chance of winning. The reason we didn't back the original artist is because it's Miley Cyrus :lol: It's pretty close as it stands. I honestly cannot call it.
 
Nobody would care.

I supported last years campaign to get Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah after I saw many comments of people saying 'He's ruined Alexandria's song'.

Is this going to happen every time after this Joe brings out and Album?


I doubt that but it might become a Christmas "tradition" to topple the X Factor whiner.
 
Is this going to happen every time after this Joe brings out an Album?

no because its not a personal thing, and besides its not like there are going to be many times, heck will he even make it to a second album?
 
I hope RATM lose.

It will shut them idiots up who all of a sudden love RATM.
 
I don't love them but I'm desperate for them to win. I've had bulls on parade and KITN for ages too. But I do know what you mean.
 
I hope RATM lose.

It will shut them idiots up who all of a sudden love RATM.

This campaign it's less of the liking RATM and more of the disliking Simon Cowell.

Only an hour to go now until we know.
 
I hope RATM lose.

It will shut them idiots up who all of a sudden love RATM.

And what of those of us who have always loved RATM (I for one already had the track on album and CD Single from first release)?

Would you also please watch the attitude and insults, calling any group of people idiots, regardless of reason, is going to see you and the AUP falling out.


Scaff
 
And what of those of us who have always loved RATM (I for one already had the track on album and CD Single from first release)?

Would you also please watch the attitude and insults, calling any group of people idiots, regardless of reason, is going to see you and the AUP falling out.


Scaff

It wasn't aimed at you Scaff, far from it. I supported this campaign but recently seeing people on Twitter and Facebook suddenly LOVE RATM and think they are doing some magnificent good by buying the single has really got to me. They are all so petty and pathetic.

I'm not a huge fan of RAMT but have the odd song and enjoy it when it pops up on the random cycle but some of the people who I know/ Acquainted with are just Idiots.
 
I hope RATM lose.

It will shut them idiots up who all of a sudden love RATM.

Invest in some good noise isolating headphones mate. :)


And hell yeah! :D
 
I'll put some RATM full blast... It might ease the pain...

You're in luck, Radio1 is playing some at the moment. :p
 
GWAN! :D I sort of feel sorry for Joe as he's clearly very talented but I'm sure he'll get over it when his album sales come in!
 
I'm still in shock that it's happened. I mean I downloaded it, but I never really thought it would be able to do it.
 
It wasn't aimed at you Scaff, far from it. I supported this campaign but recently seeing people on Twitter and Facebook suddenly LOVE RATM and think they are doing some magnificent good by buying the single has really got to me. They are all so petty and pathetic.

If they like the song and they like the reason it's being bought, then why does it matter? I dislike the attitude that some people have that just because a song is becoming popular that it's automatically a bad thing, but I don't make a big fuss about it...

Anyway, I'm glad they got it. It makes me smile that social media can have such an impact when it wants to, and I like that it proves that an X-Factor winner is in no way guaranteed a Christmas number one, or indeed a number one in general. I'm sure Joe is very talented but if he has genuine talent and genuinely good songs, then it shouldn't have to take a massively publicised talent competition ending near Christmas for him to get #1 - it should be earned on merit. Time will tell if that's the case.
 
If they like the song and they like the reason it's being bought, then why does it matter? I dislike the attitude that some people have that just because a song is becoming popular that it's automatically a bad thing, but I don't make a big fuss about it...

Oh I don't hate the song, Far from It have carried it on my Ipod for years now. I just hate the people, anyway doesn't matter well done I guess to all who bought it.
 
So happy we got it :D Power to the people!
 
EXCELLENT

"Bullet in the Head" for 2010 christmas number 1 !! :D
 
Well RATM kept to the promise of a free gig that they made.

Just secured myself a ticket for 6th June.



Scaff
 
Well RATM kept to the promise of a free gig that they made.

Just secured myself a ticket for 6th June.



Scaff

Nice one 👍

Where's the gig?
 
Completely forgot that tickets were being allocated yesterday... Ah well, here's hoping they tour in the future...
 
Completely forgot that tickets were being allocated yesterday... Ah well, here's hoping they tour in the future...

Don't know if they will be touring, but they are playing Download this year.


Scaff
 
Back