27797577.jpg

Chosen by week 98 winner Lucas

"Lightning Quick"

Cars: Any road cars with over 350HP.

Track: Any.

Photo Travel: No.

Poll Size: --

Explanation: In the words of week 98 winner, Lucas:
"There's no denying driving a car fast is one of the greatest thrills in this world. I want you to replicate this thrill with a nice picture showing a lot of speed."

Closes:

January, 26th

Rules:

• Allowed photo editing tools: Resize. No other modifications allowed outside GT4 photomode.
  • You may submit one entry. It must be your own work and not previously entered in a competition.
  • You may only change your entry once. When changing it, indicate clearly (please, when doing this, edit your post with your new entry, do not submit a new post with a new entry)
  • Please mark your Final Entry clearly in RED.
  • Your entry may not exceed the poll character limit. (5 characters are enough to name your image). If your entry exceeds it, the link to the full size image, will be removed.
  • We recommend you use a free image hosting service such as or
  • You must post your entry either as a thumbnail, or as a preview linked to the full image - see here for instructions .
  • Previews should be no larger than 400 pixels along the longest side - be it vertical or horizontal - and should not have more or less effects than the full size image.
  • Photos must be taken from a normal version of GT4, do not use any cheats or Game Shark codes to modify the game content.
  • Please do not ask other members to choose your entry. Have confidence in your own skills and go with your favorite shot.

Well, well, well. This week marks a very special occasion for not only GTP's GT4 community, but also me. Soon, it will be day I made my first GTP GT4 competition here. I first started at week 57.

I'd like to thank Nicknamealegum (sp? :lol:) for giving me the opportunity to have even done the competitions! I have had such a great time, meeting heaps of different people. Thank you so much! :cheers:

Happy Photomoding everyone!

Panning mode 1 anybody? :lol:

BTW, what happened to the 2.0 comp? I remember there was here. :confused:

Panning mode 1 anybody? :lol:

BTW, what happened to the 2.0 comp? I remember there was here. :confused:

That's going to make it difficult with only panning mode 1 available. :P

Also, 2.0 GT4 did exist, but it won't get enough entries nowadays.

Yeah, I did bring back the 2.0, but no body entered.

It's going to be the best-est party ever! And in an addition, Korza's not invited. :sly: Even better! :sly::sly:

I'll kick things of with my...
FINAL ENTRY

Thanks.

How does one capture speed though?
It's a perfect illustration of Zeno's paradox.
Who can know speed from a snapshot?

We're not capturing speed, we're capturing an illusion.

Last edited:
Thanks.

How does one capture speed though?
It's a perfect illustration of Zeno's paradox.
Who can know speed from a snapshot?

We're not capturing speed, we're capturing an illusion.

The best way to capture in a single frame, speed, or the illusion/sense there of, is through blur, specifically motion blur. Some of the best ways of getting a good motion blur, is using a lower lens zoom, a lower shutter speed, and/or a combination of both. Also there is the background, if the cars are in a situation where speed is inferred, you'll get more of a sense of speed, where in your shot there is not enough background scale to make that determination.

As for Zeno's paradox, it is not an example of capturing speed, but rather capturing the stillness of an object at a specific time, where as a camera is incapable of perfectly capturing an exact moment of time, because it takes time for the shutter to close and capture those moments, captured within a single frame. But kudos for bringing a sense of philosophy into the competition. :)

Last edited:
How the hell are there 350 people viewing this thread at the current moment? I have refreshed the page and closed my browser a few times, but there is still 350 people viewing this thread. :odd:

Gives you wings! Trying my luck with one of my old pics.

Final entry

Last edited:
How the hell are there 350 people viewing this thread at the current moment? I have refreshed the page and closed my browser a few times, but there is still 350 people viewing this thread. :odd:

Well it's up to 545 and you've got me thinking about firing up the PS2 :lol:

babby.jpg

Good question.

Well it's up to 545 and you've got me thinking about firing up the PS2 :lol:
Come and join the competition!
FINAL ENTRY
gt4fireball2.jpg
I use Microsoft Paint. Very basic tool for cropping/resizing.
You are not allowed to edit your photos. It must be all original work from Gran Turismo 4. Also, you need to embed the link to the larger version of the photo in your preview that should not be exceeding 400 pixels horizontally or vertically.
Sorry, i'm not very familiar with imageshack, how do i change the size of preview pic?
Go to Imageshack, upload your photo from your computer, and choose the closest resize dimension of 320x240.

I am glad to see the newcomers to the competition.

Back