Understanding The Deltawing

• Thread starter diptob79
  • 214 comments
Maybe I can't change your mind
No, you can't.

but its common knowledge ...

If it's so common, it would be written on any of the motorsports or automotive blogs and websites that I've visited. But despite being an avid reader of Motortrend.com, autoblog.com, autocar.co.uk, Motorsport.com, Racer.com, Sportscar365.com and speedtv.com (back when that was a thing), I've never heard of this.

Thus far, you are the only person that has presented this information. So until you provide a source of your information, I'm not inclined to believe you over a respected, published magazine. Am I suggesting that Road & Track is infallible? No. But they're more likely to fact check and be ready to present a source than a guy on a forum is. And considering how much print time the ZEOD's engine got for how innovative it was, I'd have to wonder why the original DeltaWing didn't get as much touting, unless it was an RML racing engine.

Just seeking sources for information. As Road & Track is the only one to mention it, I'm open to them being wrong, but only if sources and proof can be provided.

No, you can't.

If it's so common, it would be written on any of the motorsports or automotive blogs and websites that I've visited. But despite being an avid reader of Motortrend.com, autoblog.com, autocar.co.uk, Motorsport.com, Racer.com, Sportscar365.com and speedtv.com (back when that was a thing), I've never heard of this.

Thus far, you are the only person that has presented this information. So until you provide a source of your information, I'm not inclined to believe you over a respected, published magazine. Am I suggesting that Road & Track is infallible? No. But they're more likely to fact check and be ready to present a source than a guy on a forum is. And considering how much print time the ZEOD's engine got for how innovative it was, I'd have to wonder why the original DeltaWing didn't get as much touting, unless it was an RML racing engine.

Just seeking sources for information. As Road & Track is the only one to mention it, I'm open to them being wrong, but only if sources and proof can be provided.
I can't post specific info because its in a hard copy of Racecar Engineering, but if you look up the specs of the two engines, the Deltawing is lighter. I'm not saying the two engines don't use some common parts, but they do have two quite different blocks.

How do I get hold of the Deltawing? It's not in the Nissan dealership...

It's is listed under "Deltawing".

upload_2014-12-25_22-55-48.png

Latest Posts

Back