Understanding the GTP consensus on how Camber is Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Napier

(Banned)
United States
United States
Understanding the GTP consensus on how Camber is Broken

I am having a very hard time understanding the logic used at GTP when it comes to Camber Tuning and the Camber Testing. Mainly because the general consensus on Camber at GTP is that it’s broken. They can’t say exactly what’s wrong, but sum it up as lowering grip as you raise the camber setting above Zero. Its commonly thought that raising camber from zero should immediately improve grip in the corner. If you say anything to the contrary your are slammed as wrong and the logic used on camber at GTP deeming camber broken is sold as fact at GTP. If you say it’s different to this shared opinion, you get told to prove it, even though; Camber has still not been proven conclusively to not work correctly.

To prove the GTP logic on Camber there are many test that have been done and many theories behind those test to come to the conclusion, Camber must be “broken”… There has been corners tested and even skid pad style testing done. All based on the logic “If Camber worked correctly, it would begin to add grip as you raise the setting from zero”. To justify this logic it is then explained the GTP community agrees Camber in the game is used to flatten out the contact patch of the outside tire to give it more cornering grip because the outside wheel is experiencing positive camber in the corners and adding negative camber will give it a larger contact patch and in doing so more grip… It is also explained that the GTP community agrees that in a corner the outside tire is working more and therefore we need NOT adjust camber for the inside front tire in any way, I’ve been told GTP agrees the inside tires are not important when tuning camber… This too I do not understand..

I will mention that street cars with STD suspensions on super soft spring and high ride height no lateral stabilizers & street weight all heavy may over toss in a corner but in track tuning this is irrelevant as we lower the ride height, stiffen the springs add lateral stability and remove a good chunk of the weight being tossed around, and do so on fully independent suspensions, the car will experience MUCH less body pitch and roll in the corners. Since we are talking about improving performance of a track tuned suspension how the vehicle acts when track tuned is what is important, not if it tosses a lot of weight in stock trim or on bad settings…

I just don’t see pos camber as an issue on my outside front in most corners on most tracks in GT, it does not seem like PD intended camber to be tuned like GTP think it should. The only place I see raising camber from zero showing ANY improvement in GT6 would be on extreme banked corners like at Daytona Speedway, but this is only because the high degree of bank and extremely low turning angle. Any tune done for flatter tracks built with 0 camber or with a tuned in amount of camber will benefit from compensating for the bank with camber angle.

I’ve been pointed out the places where the GTP way of camber tuning should supposedly work and where GTP agrees camber tuning is intended for, is only places like the cork screw at Laguna. I haven’t seen any GTP Testing of camber tuning in the cork screw. Interesting the one place pointed out where GTP camber style tuning is said to be needed is a place untested by GTP. However there are not many corners like the cork screw, would camber really only be for odd corners like the cork screw? Is that the only place we are supposed to be able to benefit from camber tuning in a corner? Is that the only type of corner PD intended us to use camber tuning in GT6? I don’t agree with that at all.

Visualizing what’s going on in a corner in the game might help understand better…

For me to get a better visual of this logic as it applies to the game I decided to Drive on a few tracks in the game. Some with high speed Banked corners many with medium corners & some with really tight corners I would have to go more than 200degrees on the steering wheel into the corner at apex to complete.

I’m running a 600PP KTM X-Bow

To help me visualize things, I decided to adjust the camber on my car to 0/0, and drive a few laps on a bunch of tracks then watch the replay. While viewing the replays I snapped a picture at the apex of every corner when I had the highest level of steering input on the corner. I began to analyze the pictures looking for when the outside front would be experiencing enough pos camber (for any of a multitude of reasons GTP believes it should be under pos camber the fixed caster angle doesn’t already take care of with camber effect) I’m honestly looking for that pos camb on the outside front everybody speaks of using neg camb setting is supposed to help..

Some say the wheels go where they are supposed to but do not act as they should, seeing them in the corners should give us an idea of if this is true. If true we will see the pos camber, and our adjustments increasing camber from zero on the front should flatten out the outside front tire to give it better grip, but its said because camber is broken, it lowers the grip instead working backwards to how it should… I don’t think we will see that at all, but we will see what’s really going on…

Let’s look over the pictures I took and let’s see if you see the same thing I see, remember these are all in game photos, so when talking about camber I only speak of how it applies to the game.. I will also point out this is done with a car tuned to its tires, in these photos my X-Bow is fitted with Racing Hard tires at 600PP the Camber in all these pictures is set to 0/0

I thought it might be a good idea to look at the inside front during a corner with a 0 front camber setting. I know GTP says this is not important but let’s just look at it anyways.

Lets just make a mental note of how little of a contact the inside has in this sharp corner, OUCH!

Every track I go to it’s the same thing; the caster angle always gives enough camber effect to keep the outside tire flat in the corners. In all of the corners it’s the same no matter how hard you turn into the corner the outside tire gets enough neg camber to counter any body roll and slight bank from the fixed positive caster angle the car has.

Pick a track snap some shots and see for yourself….. If I have not got a photo that you think I should PLEASE take the pic and post it, ONLY in game Pictures though...

In the game I do not see where adding a neg camber setting on the front will flatten the outside front tire any more than it already is because of the positive caster angle. Or how the GTP spin on Camber is thought to work at all, looking over the pictures it becomes VERY clear the GTP consensus has it wrong based on what is happening in the game (forget the complicate theoretical stuff they copy from real pros on the subject trying to back up this logic, as this is when GTP will fall into REAL world theories even though they will adamantly tell you not to use IRL as example to disprove the GTP logic saying IRL not important here ONLY what is applicable to the game That is an interesting double standard… GTP can use their interpretation of IRL to back and explain the GTP way of looking at camber, BUT IRL cannotbe used to disprove the GTP way of thinking………….

The FACT of the matter is the logic GTP has used for many years concerning camber in the front end & how to tune it is clearly wrong. It looks like adding ANY amount of neg camber setting will lower how flat the outside front tire is in the corner & remove grip from the outside tire, certainly NOT add any grip to it…….. This is the opposite of the GTP general opinion backed by so many respected members running very in depth detailed test, quoting many tid bits from REAL Pro’s on the subject from IRL etc…. What we see clearly in the game is the literal exact opposite to the GTP Consensus. This is interesting because many in GTP go so far as to say camber is broken because it works backwards, it appears this conclusion IMO is drawn off a backwards understanding of camber tuning as it applies to GT………. So no, Camber I do not see as being broken, only a backwards understanding of it confusing people. Especially since this misunderstanding is preached at GTP to be fact when actually untrue..

What to make of this? What does PD have to say about this?

I then go read the tuning info on the camber setting in the game to see what it has to say about camber tuning.

“”””

Camber Angle (-)

The higher the camber angle, the more of the tire will be in contact with the road when cornering, but make it too high and your brakes will be less effective. Camber angles can also be adjusted in order to alter the grip balance between front and rear tires when cornering

“”””

I understand it’s a bit vague, I believe this is because they are using one explanation to apply to both the front and back adjustments.

It basically says;

Summarized

“”Increasing camber setting should make the tire have more contact with the road during a corner and this will increase cornering grip…””””” “””””Too much camber hurts braking””” “””Camber can be used to alter the balance of grip from front to rear while cornering””””””

How exactly does increasing the camber angle increase the amount the outside front tire is in contact with the road? It doesn’t at all as we see from the pictures…

This is NOT true for the outside front or the inside rear.

HOWEVER

This is however true for the inside front tire, and for the outside rear tire, SO the PD in game tuning description and directions CAN be used IF we use the PD in game directions on the inside front tire and outside rear….

Front end Camber

If we look at the inside front tire inside a sharp corner

As we increase front camber from zero, the more of the tire is in contact with the road…. This goes with the GT in game description of camber tuning… The only problem though is at first the difference is so small the loss on the outside is not yet countered by a gain on the inside… ONLY when the inside tire starts getting closer to flat while inside the corners (or one corner IF testing camber to one specific corner) will the benefits on the inside tire be more beneficial then what’s happening to the outside that has more grip to spare.

The more steering input required for the corner the more camber angle will be required to flatten out the inside front tire and the more contact the tire will have with the road. We need more angle for sharper corners…

Would this not suggest for us to tune our cars as PD intended tuning to be done in GT, we use neg camber in the front to flatten the inside front tire in a corner?

Rear End Camber

Now let’s look at the back end, keeping in mind it’s different to the front with no steering angle and no caster angle camber effect.

As we increase rear camber from zero, the more of the tire is in contact with the road…. This goes with the GT in game description of camber tuning…

Would this not suggest for us to tune our cars as PD intended tuning to be done in GT, we use Neg Camber in the rear to flatten out the outside rear tire because the lean is causing slight pos camber on it???

My conclusion

When it comes to Tuning in GT6, PD designed it and knows it much better then all GTP members combined, while GTP members can theorize about what is or is not simulated etc, PD knows exactly what’s going on and most often the GTP consensus is NOT as correct as GTP community would like to believe

The way I see Camber & Camber Tuning as it applies to GT6 is different to GTP, I agree with PD and tune my car as best I can using the tuning options in the game as they should be used, and were intended to be used by PD.

I have asked those backing the GTP logic to show me when the pos camber issues would benefit from GTP style camber tuning, but have yet to be given anything to show this, this being one of those times GTP will flood the topic with all kinds of real world stuff, pics diagrams, videos etc, (even though this would not be okay to do if opposing a GTP consensus remember there is a double standard at GTP) but when you sniff through all the stuff they put up, NOTHING at all showing the GTP logic actually working in game, it seems IMO that is done as a smokescreen to overload and confuse instead of to simplify & clarify. Not one in game pic to support the GTP logic on Camber… The GTP logic being completely unproven, even here at GTP, the test GTP have done, ONLY prove the GTP theory that is the general consensus on camber at GTP doesn’t work in the game at all.

It doesn’t matter if my theories on how to tune camber in GT6 are correct or not, the FACT is the GTP logic on Camber and how to tune it is clearly proven to be false and does not work in the game as GTP thinks it should… How much other aspect of tuning could the GTP consensus be wrong about??? I’ve found quite a bit, and I will address all of it in specific threads on the aspects in question…

I will go into depth on my Camber theories in a Thread of its own…. It’s in the works soon to come, with MORE of my Take on various aspects of GT6 tuning…

I will explain my technique in its own thread but here are some pictures to show the range of Camber I look in to find where camber works best for any given corner

I look for where inside the range of Pos camb on the inside to neg camb on the inside she feels best

To help with this I find the center point

Last edited:
Sorry bud it's just more of the same. Lots of words, pictures and theories doesn't prove or disprove anything about camber one way or the other. If you have a hypothesis by all means state it clearly in far less words and set out some paramaters for testing that the community can duplicate as necessary. If you aren't willing to state clearly and succinctly what you think is true and show us a way to prove it, it's all just smoke and mirrors.

Once again I remind you, this PD you have so much faith in is the same PD that had ride height, and some would say the entire suspension backwards in GT5. Given that every just about every TT in that era was won by someone with an outrageously high front end, the fact that something was broken in GT5 is beyond dispute.

Last edited:
I think the reason inside front should not matter that much is that in reality weight transfer to the outside during a corner should put nearly all the weight on the outside tire. If this is not the case then PD's physics model is not correct and should be fixed.

Actually that is incorrect...

Obviously You really dont like this..

But LOOK AT THE PICTURES and tell me in what one would adding camb from zero improve the grip on the outside tire...

I know this may be too complicated for you but give it an effort OR SHOW ME THE POS Camber on the outside I need to tune for as I cant see any ever on any track in GT....

Seems the only ones failling to prove anything is the people backing the GTP consensus that is CLEARLY wrong...

I am stating that if it doesn't work like that in the game it should be changed, regardless of what the pictures show. Also, no one is going to listen to you with such a condescending self righteous posture.

I think the reason inside front should not matter that much is that in reality weight transfer to the outside during a corner should put nearly all the weight on the outside tire. If this is not the case then PD's physics model is not correct and should be fixed.

The Physics model is correct, but your view of whats happening in the corner is off.. Yes WT transfers much weight to the outside, but NOT all and it is this reason that making sure our inside tires are tuned as best as possible so they can grip/hold the road while having much less grip from weight loss..

If the inside wheels dont hold as much as they can, the outside are forced to take the extra load the inside couldnt handle and this can and will overload the outside. This is why so much in tuning is about managing the WT trying to hold onto weight on the inside to improve the grip in the corner... ARB, lowered WT from low ride height, stiff springs, etc we are trying to keep ALL FOUR tires working at their highest potential at ALL times as best we can...

I am challenging the GTP Comunity Consensus on Camber and Camber Tuning, I don't expect to be greeted with open arms, actually the exact oposite, My tone is not really relevant, whats important are the FACTS on the subject...

The FACT that GTP Camber theories are not only incorrect but useless in GT6 is clear... Nobody backing the GTP consensus can post a single in game pic showing there theory as it applies to the game, just hog wash....

Formula 1 says you're wrong:

images

V8 Supercars says you're wrong:

FLR0ZF7HM33VS1Y.MEDIUM.jpg

BTCC says you're wrong:

4r_btcc0201.jpg

Clio cup says you're wrong:

TCR's-Rob-Smith---Brands-Ha.jpg

WTCC even made a video that says you're wrong:

Etc...etc... :banghead:

We have no idea how PD programmed suspension to work but you are absolutely correct that this is how it should work. Jack seems to think for some reason that although outside fronts can take up to 100% of the cornering load in track cars, that somehow we must tune camber for inside tires which are carrying almost no cornering load. You could double the grip of inside tires and might only add 20% more cornering grip, but only have to add 25% more grip to the outside tire to achieve the same additional cornering grip. This is what camber is supposed to do and doesn't in GT6.

Jack clearly has a big appetite for calling everyone else wrong without a shred of proof on the track. Until you proof it on the track Jack, it's all just a bunch of nonsense.

My tone is not really relevant, whats important are the FACTS on the subject...

The FACT that GTP Camber theories are not only incorrect but useless in GT6 is clear... Nobody backing the GTP consensus can post a single in game pic showing there theory as it applies to the game, just hog wash....
Your tone is relevant to most people FYI. Pics don't prove anything. There's nothing anywhere that says GT6 physics are directly and perfectly represented visually in the game. The physics engine is a completely separate from the visual display. Physics theories are proven or disproven on the track, not with snapshots. Again, in GT5, I could have shown you picture after picture of cars with extremely high front ends cornering faster and going faster in a straight line. It's illogical but it happened. Pics mean nothing when it comes to GT physics.

I will go into depth on my Camber theories in a Thread of its own…. It’s in the works soon to come, with MORE of my Take on various aspects of GT6 tuning…

I will explain my technique in its own thread but here are some pictures to show the range of Camber I look in to find where camber works best for any given corner

I look for where inside the range of Pos camb on the inside to neg camb on the inside she feels best

To help with this I find the center point

To be honest, it would be ok for me if camber wouldn't have any effect on corner speeds. Given the incomplete physics I would almost expect that. But it lowers corner speeds and that's not right.

If I get @Jack Napier right, he says it's all done by the suspension casting perfectly without any need for static camber? And it's done so perfectly by the suspension, any amount of added static camber will be too much? You do realize any corner yields different amounts of suspension dive? It can't be right for all at once? If dynamic camber including casting fits perfectly for a high load corner, shouldn't it be less than optimum in a corner with lesser load? And wouldn't then be a little static camber beneficial?

Regarding the visual contact patch on pictures: Just try stiffening your suspension to the max or softening to the max. The contact patch will still show just as perfect while if there would be casting from suspension dive they should look very different?

If you're not just a troll, @Jack Napier, my respect for arguing with the whole community, I like that. But your theory just doesn't cut it.

Last edited:
PLEASE show me SOMETHING from GT6 not you unable to follow the point that we are to discuss ONLY Camber as it applies to the game, In Real life there are numerous differences to in the game, also not ONE of those suspentions do you have the CASTER angle setting and it seems people dont truely understand how caster effects camber...

Also you referance IRL pics when trying to understand whats happening in the game, why not go look at some in game pics.. Duh...

Grabbing IRL photos for your argument tells me you mucst not comprehend what Caster angle does and how it applies a camber effect, without knowing the caster angle HOW exactly can you tell me those IRL pics have the camb they use from camber and not the camber effect from caster ;) ..... You cant, its impossible unless those are pics of cars IRL you set the suspention up on and you can provide us wih the specific setting used on the car ir Caster/Camber/Toe

So your referance pics show nothing but a lack of understanding on the subject.

Last edited:
I just don’t see pos camber as an issue on my outside front in most corners on most tracks in GT, it does not seem like PD intended camber to be tuned like GTP think it should.
If GT was not supposed to be a simulator, fine. Since GT is supposed to be a simulator, PD's intent doesn't matter. If camber does not work as it does it reality it's wrong.

I thought it might be a good idea to look at the inside front during a corner with a 0 front camber setting. I know GTP says this is not important but let’s just look at it anyways.

Lets just make a mental note of how little of a contact the inside has in this sharp corner, OUCH!
This tire does not have much weight on it, so it's not going to contribute to cornering grip very much.

Every track I go to it’s the same thing; the caster angle always gives enough camber effect to keep the outside tire flat in the corners. In all of the corners it’s the same no matter how hard you turn into the corner the outside tire gets enough neg camber to counter any body roll and slight bank from the fixed positive caster angle the car has.
What you might not see if the tire deformation or contact patch. The outside tire might look flat, but still not be deforming optimally.

If GT was not supposed to be a simulator, fine. Since GT is supposed to be a simulator, PD's intent doesn't matter. If camber does not work as it does in reality it's wrong.

That and the fact it worked fine in GT5.

PLEASE show me SOMETHING from GT6 not you unable to follow the point that we are to discuss ONLY Camber as it applies to the game, In Real life there are numerous differences to in the game, also not ONE of those suspentions do you have the CASTER angle setting and it seems people dont truely understand how caster effects camber...

Also you referance IRL pics when trying to understand whats happening in the game, why not go look at some in game pics..

Grabbing IRL photos for your argument tells me you mucst not comprehend what Caster angle does and howit applies a camber effect, without knowing the caster angle HOW exactly can you tell me those IRL pics have the camb they use from camber and not the camber effect from caster..... You cant, its impossible unless those are pics of cars IRL you set the suspention up on......

Most of us know what caster is and how it works in real life. You and I have no idea how PD programmed it into the physics you are only guessing. So you can go on and on about it and how it's supposed to work but you can't see the game code, so you have no idea how accurately it's programmed or how it integrates with camber to work in the game. It's entirely possible the caster programming for example has completely negated the effect of camber because that's how PD programmed it. We will never know this because we can't see the code and pictures prove nothing because they are part of the graphics engine not the physics engine.

Please show us a repeatable testing procedure to prove your case on the track, the only place it counts.

Grabbing IRL photos for your argument tells me you mucst not comprehend what Caster angle does and how it applies a camber effect, without knowing the caster angle HOW exactly can you tell me those IRL pics have the camb they use from camber and not the camber effect from caster ;) ..... You cant, its impossible unless those are pics of cars IRL you set the suspention up on and you can provide us wih the specific setting used on the car ir Caster/Camber/Toe

:lol:👍 You're good at this.

Hey Jack pic's mean squat, take all you want.No need for more detail and theories ,everyone has an opinion. Take it with a grain of salt.

PLEASE ONLY PICS IN GAME AS THIS APPLIES TO GT6 NOT REAL LIFE

I think this misses the point. Camber is considered wrong in GT because it goes against how it works in real life. There is no other way to call it incorrect.

If you're saying that camber in GT works in its own special way, doesn't everyone agree?

What PD intends though doesn't matter so long as GT is supposed to be a sim. If they intended camber to work in a unique way, then they modeled it wrong intentionally.

Actually that is incorrect...

Obviously You really dont like this..

But LOOK AT THE PICTURES and tell me in what one would adding camb from zero improve the grip on the outside tire...

I know this may be too complicated for you but give it an effort OR SHOW ME THE POS Camber on the outside I need to tune for as I cant see any ever on any track in GT....

Seems the only ones failling to prove anything is the people backing the GTP consensus that is CLEARLY wrong...

First, you are making a huge assumption that what you see on screen the equates to what is going on in the physics equations calculation grip for a given tire. I'm going to guess the on screen representations are just losely related to the actual physics calcs going on at each tire.

Using GT6, there are 2 ways I can think of to really know if you are helping the grip on a given tire in cornering by changing the camber setting:

1) You change the camber at one and of the car and see what happens to the balance, this is usually more obvious than #2 below as to how your camber change has affected the cornering grip. If you adjust one end of a car at a time you can simply tell by the balance change of the car in cornering.

2) Change camber and look for laptime change, this is harder to gain conclusive evidence as you have to be super consistent in your driving. At the very least you must do many laps in each setup, switching back and forth several times along the way to get rid of driving improvement effect that may happen along the way.

Now to see if camber is "broken" in the game, a fairly clear way would be to use one of the above 2 methods with a untuned car that is very soft, and would very definitely be benefited by some additional negative camber. Preferably on a tire that is medium to high grip, as they should benefit more from camber improvement if they are modeled correctly. Problem is, GT6 does not let us change just the camber for a stock car, as you have to add a fully adjustable type suspension to the car first, which means the car will then be much stiffer than stock. That being said, some small amount of camber should still be faster than 0 camber all around, if the goal is for things to represent real life here.

I can add that many of the top GT drivers I know seem have concluded the camber in the game is broken because they always get their best lap times with 0 camber. In this case they are saying its "broken" because that is simply not how camber works in real life, on pretty much any car.

I even mention in the OP how there seems to be this double standard where IRL can be used to defend the broken GTP Camber consensus, but it cannot be used to refute it.... Very one sided don't yah think......

I have shown MANY pics now of the car going through MULTIPLE corners, If I have missed the important ones were we will see that horible neg cam on the outside or any neg camb on the outside, please post them, but EVERY TRACK EVERY CORNER I dont see what the heck you guys are talking about and it seems you are UNABLE to show me yourselvs, THAT is interesting and quite revealing....

Correct it is a video game and we have no idea as to how PD implemented (their) physics engine to work. Guess you'll have to ask Kaz how it works cause no one truly knows.

First, you are making a huge assumption that what you see on screen the equates to what is going on in the physics equations calculation grip for a given tire. I'm going to guess the on screen representations are just losely related to the actual physics calcs going on at each tire.

Your making the HUGE assumption they are not ;) However this goes against the theory "wheels go where they are supposed to but do not do what they should""

I am of the impression without understanding camber, how it works, or how to tune it to the corners, it will be IMPOSSIBLE for you to test or tune something you misunderstand...

You guys cant even say HOW its broken and your tuning theories on it are more about Caster than Camber.. Even though Caster Angle called ""CASTER""" it applies a varying measureable amount of camber angle in the corner changing with the steering input.. You all seem to not fully understand the relationship between Caster and Camber... This is a HUGE part of the GTP consensus problem...

Last edited:
I even mention in the OP how there seems to be this double standard where IRL can be used to defend the broken GTP Camber consensus, but it cannot be used to refute it.... Very one sided don't yah think......

I have shown MANY pics now of the car going through MULTIPLE corners, If I have missed the important ones were we will see that horible neg cam on the outside or any neg camb on the outside, please post them, but EVERY TRACK EVERY CORNER I dont see what the heck you guys are talking about and it seems you are UNABLE to show me yourselvs, THAT is interesting and quite revealing....

Don't play the martyr card Jack, it won't work here. As I and others have said, no one will take pictures as evidence of anything when it comes to the minutae of physics. Prove it on the track Jack or it didn't happen.

Your making the HUGE assumption they are not ;) However this goes against the theory "wheels go where they are supposed to but do not do what they should""

I am of the impression without understanding camber, how it works, or how to tune it to the corners, it will be IMPOSSIBLE for you to test or tune something you misunderstand...

You guys cant even say HOW its broken and your tuning theories on it are more about Caster than Camber.. Even though Caster Angle called ""CASTER""" it a measureable amount of camber angle in the corner.. You all seem to not fully understand the relationship between Caster and Camber... This is a HUGE part of the GTP consensus problem...

It's becoming more and more obvious that you don't understand the difference between the way things are supposed to work in real life, and how PD programmed the physics for GT6. The former we know, the latter you and I have no idea. You can't talk about Caster in GT6 because you don't know how it was coded. Everything you say about caster is meaningless in the context of the game. You really have to separate the two.

The only proving ground for your theories is the track. Prove it on the track Jack.:lol:

some would say the entire suspension backwards in GT5.
I would say these some are ignorant guys.
There's no backward suspension.

There's people dogmas.

@Jack Napier don't forgot you want to be read. I'll take the time to read you, but not in those 20 minutes.
As a starter for you to know my opinion on this, compared to GT12345 (not "reality", I don't know reality), camber is x10 what it should be and is positive instead of being negative. The physic engines says that. The graphic engine got it rigth.
To me, being computer ingeneer, I can smell either a physic engine bug, or more probably a suspension setup interface bug, as this value is the only 0.1 one and told as negative but entered positive.

PLEASE ONLY PICS IN GAME AS THIS APPLIES TO GT6 NOT REAL LIFE
Graphic engine and physic engine are very different part of a simulation software. Don't thrust "by picture", thrust "by effect".

Going quite deep in aerodynamics rigth now, there's some problem with either SCx or tires grip coefficients aswell. The Corvette C7 irl's topspeed should be 201mph, it's 235 ingame rigth now. This is a fact : there's huge problems with the physic engine atm.

Your making the HUGE assumption they are not ;)
It's not an assumption, it's how games are programmed.

Last edited:
I don't care for double standards. Whatever doesn't agree with reality is wrong be that GTP's consensus or not.

I came into the thread because it seemed like it would be technical, but reading the first post I found myself missing the point. Everyone is saying that negative camber doesn't work in GT6, so why is anyone arguing?

I was expecting you guys to be unable to back your Bull Crap, selling BS as fact.....

Nice!!!!! The members who dont simply buy into all the crap sold on GTP just because can make up their minds on their own...

GTP has done so much to prove the GTP Teories and Tuning ideas on camber to be wrong, just look at ALL of the test they have done on Camber each one basically shows/proves the GTP consensus wrong...

Sooo

Visually - GTP Consensus is wrong

Track performance - GTP consensus is wrong

Teoretically applied to IRL or the Game - GTP Consesnsus is wrong

How about read the OP, because clearly you have not read it properly..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back