KTM X-Bow Street Super Lap

• Thread starter yannagas
  • 135 comments
Very fun seasonal. Just hate the fact that SRF is an option. Once it would be fun to see a seasonal event WITHOUT SRF, TC or any other nonsence. People just go there where the fence is lowest and use all the ****ing aids.

I remember when most people here were all up in arms about how SRF was being forced on and folks started to boycott the game entirely if it weren't made to be an option (at least that's what they said, but we all know they were still playing). Now it's "hate...SRF is an option". PD can never win with this one, I suppose.

In reality, the only other times you really need to compare yourself to are your previous personal bests and/or the fastest non-SRF time...all others are just white noise.

got gold on the 2nd lap :D got a silver chrome chip for it so I painted my NSX with it lol My trophy car:lol:

It would be nice to compare times with people who dont use assists. But whole board full of SRF on. It stinks.

The only option would be for PD to leave it out and then GT7 will run around $25,000.00 a copy. Game needs handicaps to appeal to the masses and sell more copies, not just the "purists". Pure economics.

Exactly why I take games like COD as they are: an arcade shooter geared towards the less nimble and agile with a set of sticks and a trigger button. Once I realized it was designed since square one for ANYONE to pick up and feel confident as a "FPS" maestro - I grew less frustrated with its ease, blatant fish in a barrel funneling, and overtly humongous hit mapping.

Same with this, they have a top score with it on - beat their time without it or as close as you can and they will know who the better driver is regardless of their "world" ranking.

No reason to penalize yourself - when posting top times WITH it on would give you an opportunity to express it doesn't mean as much to you as this +5 second lap WITHOUT computer assistance. Maybe creating less people to turn it on during TT or other sessions.

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

It would be nice to compare times with people who dont use assists. But whole board full of SRF on. It stinks.

After about an hour (I'm still getting the hang of using a wheel and MT!)

MT
SH SH
TC off
SRF off
AS off
ASM off
ABS 1
T500RS 900° Wheel/Paddles

Tuned to 450pp with ECU, Fully lightened then ballasted back to PP, ballast mostly forward. Also Fully custom LSD on default settings.

= 1:08.634

I think if I gave it enough time I'd perhaps get in to the high 7's, but I can't be bothered with perfecting a set-up when my skills with the wheel are still so erratic, and I'm still not shifting quite at the right times (15 years AT on a controller!)

As in the NSX event ran bone stock with No driver aids - and this time no Brake tuning... hey what is the worst that can happen!

Silly stupid jump.

Nice car, lost a couple of laps hugging the corner too tightly - (Bad Ryk!) And playing with the hand brake (Such fun!)

Great car to drive and the track is mostly top notch. Stupido Jump.

1m09.565
Stock no aids (Maybe the British Racing Green paint chip shaves a few tenths - but only when it rains)
518pp - 236bhp 790europounds

Got gold at first try, only by half of a tenth, but i really i love this car.
Down to 1.8.2xx in 4 laps, going to works more on it tomorrow sice it's 00:17 here.

Only abs 1.

1.08.4XX after 4 laps... love the car handling, will focus a bit on this TT on the week end (when i want a bit of sugar after all the bitterness of FT1 at Laguna...ahahhaha).

I need to stop coming on here.. I was all chuffed with my 1.09.5 until I seen the times on here :(

DFP wheel with all aids off (including suggested gear,driving line) but with ABS 1.

Very fun seasonal. Just hate the fact that SRF is an option. Once it would be fun to see a seasonal event WITHOUT SRF, TC or any other nonsence. People just go there where the fence is lowest and use all the ****ing aids.

That's why it is an OPTION. Noone's making you use it, and regardless of where anyone may sit on a virtual leaderboard, it's a bit like golf. You vs track. If you beat the set time you get the credits. End of story. Improve your own time without worrying about how anyone else plays the game.

Funny , got a silver time but XBow keeps spinning right into the guardrail at the uphill dogleg coming out of the tunnel, like there's a giant magnet pulling it hard right. In all my miles at Eiger in GT5 never happened like that.

Funny , got a silver time but XBow keeps spinning right into the guardrail at the uphill dogleg coming out of the tunnel, like there's a giant magnet pulling it hard right. In all my miles at Eiger in GT5 never happened like that.

Yeah, takes a while to get the confidence, I usually lift slightly in the dip just before the dog leg and turn in to the right hander gently quite early. There's a slight hump on the left hand side of the track so if you approach too wide the suspension unloads off the hump and that's when you might spin, then it's just a case of gingerly coaxing the nose into the left hander, can stay full on the power but you have to turn so lightly..

This is a fun TT, and so far the only one where I've gone back to it after achieving Gold, normally I scrape a gold and then I'm done.

I had my X-Bow loaded up with ballast and moved all to the front. Powered it up to the PP limit.
Gold on first lap. Each of the 3 laps after I couldn't beat my first lap time LOL... kinda backwards.

I then removed all the ballast, removed power adders to get to the PP limit, and the X-Bow handling sucked.

I don't know if it was due to 1.03 or because of the way I set up the suspension, but the X-Bow understeered a lot for me. I remember it being super twitchy when I used it in events before, but now it's super incredibly stable. I was able to dial out a lot of it, so it's pretty good. I like how stable it is now.

No tuning, no help's lot's off spinning but managed 1:09.672...

X bow reminded me of my first car, skoda 105... :D
Similar behaviour in corner after the tail goes over a given point , nothing you can do....:scared:

But it was fun TT :cheers:

KTM X-Bow Street '12
540PP, 279hp, 800kg
Paint: Spirited Green Metallic

12006504933_aa5d102e93_z.jpg

Tuned with G27 with Nixim Brake Pedal Mod and ABS 1

Tune built for the KTM X-bow Street Super Lap Seasonal at Eiger Nordwand- January 15, 2014

This is the first time that I have driven the X-bow. It is a really fun car to drive in stock form. It did need some tuning, but in my opinion, not much. You can still lose rear grip in some of the high speed corners, but if you plan ahead and are ready for it, you can really carry the speed through the corners.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-8#post-9225723

Last edited:
KTM X-Bow Street '12
540PP, 279hp, 800kg
Paint: Spirited Green Metallic

12006504933_aa5d102e93_z.jpg

Tuned with G27 with Nixim Brake Pedal Mod and ABS 1

Tune built for the KTM X-bow Street Super Lap Seasonal at Eiger Nordwand- January 15, 2014

This is the first time that I have driven the X-bow. It is a really fun car to drive in stock form. It did need some tuning, but in my opinion, not much. You can still lose rear grip in some of the high speed corners, but if you plan ahead and are ready for it, you can really carry the speed through the corners.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-8#post-9225723
thanks for the tunes, OP's updated

Certainly, for this car, Active Steering makes me improve a lot ...Stabilizer bars on the back more oversteer improved ..I recommend the second corner, out in 3rd gear, not the 2nd.

Back