Understeer Rattle Effect (Poll-Only for Wheel Users)

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by super_gt, Apr 1, 2018.

?

What do you think about the understeer rattle effect ?

1. I like this strong rattle effect and I do not want to be changed.

19.0%
  2. I like this rattle effect but I want to be weakened.

11.5%
  3. I do not like this rattle effect and I want to be completely removed.

14.1%
  4. I have no opinion.

10.5%
  5. I would like to have an option to adjust the strength of this effect or turn it off.

44.9%
  1. Azerach

Azerach

Thanks for this. It feels so much better in PS3 mode, overall imo.

The rattle effect is completely gone in the PS3 mode, what remains is the lower frequency feedback when you turn the wheel past the point of rattle (in PS4 mode). This effect feels more similar to assetto corsas tyre slip at around 25%.

You do lose a some finer feedback though, kerbs and sausages.

Clean Racer likes this.
  2. Pmc4068

Pmc4068

DFP GT is a big rattler so I run with torque at 2 and that setting that has slipped my mind between 7 and ten, think doesn't dull the other ffb effects and feels the best for me, using a drivehub and that has given better wheel ffb than it was originally imo.

3. kjeldsen

kjeldsen

I can't remember , i tried many different settings and i didn't really find the perfect setting nor one that gave me the wanted feedback, i am more than open to any suggestions :)

4. VBR

VBR Premium

The tyre slip effect in AC affects oversteer, & it's great that it can be turned off completely. PD can learn a great deal from that game.

5. Azerach

Azerach

Ackshually its both over and understeer. It's all tyre slip causing rumble through the chassis. One of those effects that is felt more through the seat of your butt. Option to turn off would be great of course.

6. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

I haven't noticed the effect! Not sure if that is because of me or my wheel - I use a T500RS on default settings. I mainly race at Willow Springs, Big Willow as that is my preferred way of earning credits. I thought I felt something once, yesterday! To be honest I find the FFB and track feel rather dull and lifeless in GTS compared with other games (AC and PC2).

7. VBR

VBR Premium

I don't feel the effect kick in with understeer in AC, only oversteer. Is that just your opinion? Or, do you have some insider knowledge?

I've oversteered & understeered at a track day IRL, & I felt absolutely nothing in the form of vibration through the seat of my pants...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    fastone371 likes this.