Underwieght

Could anyone give me any tips on how to put on weight? It might sound weird but i found out a few weeks ago i am underweight for my age and height, any help would be appreciated.

Eat a little more.. stay away from the junk food though because it helps gain weight but it also messes up your body. Exercising adds muscles and that adds to your weight, do you lift weights?

wow, defintally work out, and eat alot of fast food. When working out build mostly your upper body muscle, then go for the legs. Start by reppin alot of little weights.

um, i don't think fast food is a healthy way to add weight. what about those GNC shakes?

Could someone tell me if I'm underweight? I don't know if I am. I just know I think I'm skinny.

Height:6'0''
Weight:150lbs

i would say a bit underweight.

at 6'2", my ideal weight would be something like 170-180.

ruffryder, I would suggest starting with a program that included something like squats, bench, curl, skull crusher. Maybe someone else can suggest something better, but those are some of the most important exercises. Squats are the best exercise ever. They will add mass quicker than anything else. and it will increase the hormone levels in your body to help you add muscle elsewhere. Besides, after you do squats, your legs feel GREAT.

If you have a gym handy, ie. at shool, let us know. otherwise we can suggest good exercise to do with just a n adjustable dumbell set and your body.

I'd say don't bother with changing your eating habits. Stop eating when you're full, eat when you're genuinely hungry, eat healthy as much as possible. I've always been underweight, but that's simply how my body is- Thin build.

Exercising will definitely do you good, whether or not you actually get heavier from it. I do Cross Country and Track, and consequently, I've gained about 5 pounds in muscle mass.

I don't think Lacrosse is that hot over in the UK, but its a very good way to gain muscle mass. It requires endurance (not as much as Cross Country or any long distance running), muscular legs, and a very strong upper body.

The best way to gain that weight is, like everyone already said, to gain muscle and exercising. Youth_cycler and advanR hit the nail on the head.

OA

go down to a sporting goods store, and buy an adjustable dumbell set. it is the cheapest way to add the most exercises to what you can do with nothing. it will cost probably $30-50USD. You can buy extra plates also for like $2.

squats you need a squat rack and a barbell. the best exercise IMO. it makes your quads and hamstrings sore as hell, and you will feel the difference in a week.

a curl is just a basic bicep curl. put about 20lb on each dumbell, hold them by your sides, and raise them up. try not to move your elbows or use momentum. go slowly, never jerk them. this will make your biceps larger.

for skull crushers, you lay on your back on some sort of bench. If you used 20lb for curls, maybe try 15lb for this. put your arms straight up with the dumbells in your hands. bend them back slowly so that your elbows are still straight up, and your forearms are perpendicular with them. now, keeping your elbows as still as possible, extend your arms completely.raise your forearms up. this will make your triceps larger. I like these a lot, just like squats, because they hurt like hell afterwards.

You may find another site to tell you how to do these and other exercises in detail. they might even have .gif images so you can see what they look like. if something doesnt feel right, stop..........

Ok i bought a weight set of around 30kg and have started doing exercises which u meantioned but the squats leave my legs sore for a long time. Is this normal or am i doing something wrong?

you are doing swuats with dumbells? the proper way is with a barbell, and it is much easier. if you plan on doing squats, I would learn the right way from your teacher at your schools gym or someone else. people beginning always do something wrong when they are doing squats.

should your legs be sore as hell for a long time? yep, haha.

Latest Posts

Back