Unlocking cars Official Thread

• Thread starter amar212
  • 79 comments

amar212

GTSurgeons.com
Premium
Croatia
Croatia
Since the game does not show which car can be unlocked where and how, I think this subject deseves it's own thread. So, all players please submit your respectful knowledge regarding this matter. In order to fill this database, please track the venue, course and finishing positions.

Friend of mine got F355 Challenge for his first race in Monza (same venue) and I didn't - so some clearing will come in handy.

Cars so far:

F348 Challenge
@Italia Ferrari Challenge Championship / 1st / 1st / Monza

Ferrari F355 Challenge
Ferrari 348 TB
@ Ferrari 348 Challenge Trophy (1º, max points*)

F348 Berlinetta
@Italia Ferrari Challenge Championship /2nd / 1st / Misano

Ferrari 512 S
@ Mugello Ferrari Challenge Championship (1st place)

Ferrari 575 GTC
@ Beginner Arcade (1º, max points*)

Ferrari F50
Ferrari F40

@ Ferrari 575 GTC Trophy (1º, max points*)

@ Beginner Arcade (1º, max points*) - Ferrari 575 GTC

@ Ferrari 575 GTC Trophy (1º, max points*) - Ferrari F50 & Ferrari F40

@ Amar212 @ Challenge Monza (1º*) - Ferrari 348 Challenge

@ Ferrari 348 Challenge Trophy (1º, max points*) - Ferrari F355 Challenge & Ferrari 348 TB

*finished that way so I don't know if it happens the same with lower positions.

Perhaps the cars are awarded in a specific order regardless of the event you won them on. I won the 575 GTC on oen of the Italian Challenge races.

@ Ferrari F355 Challenge Trophy (1º, max points*) - Ferrari 360 Modena & Ferrari F355 Berlinetta

@ Italy Challenge Vallelunga (1º, max points*) - Ferrari 512 M

*finished that way so I don't know if it happens the same with lower positions.

@ Ferrari 360 Trophy (came in 2nd)-> Ferrari F430 GT2
@ Ferrari 355 Berlinetta Trophy 1st -> Ferrari 360 Modena
@ Ferrari 430 GT2 Trophy 1st -> Ferrari 550 Maranello GT & Ferrari 550 Maranello
@ Ferrari 550 Maranello GT (came in 2nd) -> Ferrari Maranello 575
@ Ferrari 333SP 1st -> Ferrari FXX & Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Comp
@ European Championship 1st -> Ferrari 333 SP

Maybe I found a way to see what car you win with what event. According Trophy Mode.

1. Wenn you are in the mainmenu you can see your Achievements
2. The achievements are shown in a piramide shape
3. You can view every achievement by clicking on it.
4. You can see with what car that it is done
5. Since it is piramdeshaped and the achievements are connected by lines you can see what needs to be done to unlock a specific car and you can see which trophy has to be driven to achieve the next car in the piramide.

I don't know if it is correct but maybe something to check out. Hopefully you all understand what I mean ;)

regards,
galgospeed

At least it is safe to say that there is 21 cars in total to unlock. I've bumped on that "info screen" yesterday in-game.

At least it is safe to say that there is 21 cars in total to unlock. I've bumped on that "info screen" yesterday in-game.
on the French box it's says 50 cars... but them didn't mentioned that we will have to pay a lot more than the game price to drive them all...
the box and the game book are also full of mistakes !

I think you got it wrong, Amar. The screen you're mentioning is about Trophy races. So, in "Trophy" mode, you get a car for each Trophy and that makes 21 or 22 cars, if I recall correctly.

The number of cars to unlock should be higher than this.

Finishing the Trophy Mode (2nd) with a F355 Challenge unlocked a F355 Berlinetta.
Finishing the Trophy Mode (2nd) with a F355 Berlinetta unlocked a 360 Modena.

Finishing trophy mode 1 place with a 348 TB unlocked a F355 Berlinetta.

Also i think i got the F355 Challenge by doing it. I am not sure though, as when I went to the shop to buy the Berlinetta. The 355 Challenge was also there ready to purcase. Dident think a race could unlock 2 cars, maybe I got it someone else with out noticing

no in trophy mode there is a 3-way race with the GTO
(5star) so it will take a while but not 100% game completion, maybe 100% in challenge mode?

@ Ferrari 360 Trophy (came in 2nd)-> Ferrari F430 GT2

Did that also, last night. Twice, because of the American track (can't remember the name), one of the craziest tracks I've ever seen in a video game :crazy:

A few things worthy of mention:

The 360 is not exactly easy to drive, and the AI now is starting to get difficult. I've been driving with all assists on 1, when I repeated this Trophy I'm ashamed to admit that I changed the TCS setting to 2. It made a great difference (I'm driving with the controller, waiting for the patch, so throttle input isn't very acurate).

The first track in this trophy is named ...... Park, (can't remember), and the track layout in the loading screen didn't ring any bell, but, as soon as I started to race, I recognized it immediately ... it's the Gilles Villeneuve Circuit, used in the Canadian F1 Grand Prix. Great, I always loved this circuit.

The second track is an american one (don't recall the name). I don't know if it's fictional or real, driving it reminded me of Road Atlanta, a track I know very well from the "Le Mans 24 Hours" game, because it's twisty and with a lot of "road elevations" (hope you get what I'm trying to say here). But this one isn't Road Atlanta. I know the game isn't released yet in the USA, but if anyone knows if this track really exists, please post here its real name.

The third track was Misano, nothing new there.

btw, now I have my first full-out REAL RACE CAR. If I'm not mistaken, the F430 GT2 is the car that won Le Mans this year. I'll check the livery of the real car and maybe try to duplicate it.

Did you win the 250 GTO Trophy already also? It's the last one.

If you have all the cars, please check the "Car list thread" to see if you have any other car than the ones listed there :)

Did that also, last night. Twice, because of the American track (can't remember the name), one of the craziest tracks I've ever seen in a video game :crazy:

I think it is the virginia track with all the evelations, off camber and blind corners is it? Very twisty and difficult to go fast!

Back