Unlocking cars Official Thread

• Thread starter amar212
  • 79 comments
One question, please:

Has the 355 the same bad cockpit view angle as 348 (without mirror and hands in the wheel)?. Or is only a problem of the 348 cockpit view?.

Do you know why the 348 has a cockpit view angle while playing, and show other after to finish a race (looks much more good and playable)?: http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1261/ferrariut003to8.jpg

Do you think we could get this angle after the patch release?.

Thanks very much for your replies.

I only played Trophy mode so far, after coimpleting the first race in the Italian Challenge and getting the first car (cesides the F430 Challenge, of course).

Therefore, I have been unlocking all cars in this mode. I'm not sure how, but I have two cars in advance. As an example, I will start tonight the 365GTB Trophy, and I have that car and also the 512 M. If all continues normally , it will be like this:

I still have 6 trophies to make (365 GTB, 512M, 512S, 250 LM, 250 Testarossa, 250 GTO)

with the GTB Trophy I will unlock the 512S
with the 512M Trophy I will unlock the 250 LM
with the 512S Trophy I will unlock the 250 Testarossa
with the 250 LM Trophy I will unlock the 250 GTO

What will happen (be unlocked) in the 250 TR and 250 GTO Trophies I don't know ...

UPDATE:

365 GTB Trphy completed, as expected I unlocked the 512S

512M Trophy completed, as expected I unlocked the 250 LM

SO, now I have 4 Trophies left (512S, 250 LM, 250 TR and 250 GTO) and only two "Trophy cars" to unlock (250 TR and 250 GTO). Let's see what will happen when I have 2 Trophies and all the Challenges left. Will I, from that point on, unlock any other "mistery" cars?

One other thing to notice. Under "acomplishments" --> "miscellaneous", there is a challenge card that is unlocked if you unlock all cars. Has anyone unlocked this card already?

Last edited:
One other thing to notice. Under "acomplishments" --> "miscellaneous", there is a challenge card that is unlocked if you unlock all cars. Has anyone unlocked this card already?

nice thinking :D

have u already got the FXX?

Last edited:
Yes, I have. From the known list the only cars I have to unlock are the 250 TR and GTO. With 4 Trophies left to be made and won.

So, I'm getting curious, because I think I'll have all 24 known cars even before I finish all Trophies and without even starting any of the Challenges.

And I find it odd that you can unlock all cars with maybe 50% of the game's completion.

Here's to hoping that there are indeed some hidden cars in this game :)

Yes, I have. From the known list the only cars I have to unlock are the 250 TR and GTO. With 4 Trophies left to be made and won.

So, I'm getting curious, because I think I'll have all 24 known cars even before I finish all Trophies and without even starting any of the Challenges.

And I find it odd that you can unlock all cars with maybe 50% of the game's completion.

Here's to hoping that there are indeed some hidden cars in this game :)

or 2 trophy's don't unlock any cars:P

IF I get the Testarossa and the GTO even before entering their respective trophies, could it be possible that I have unlocked all the cars before:

- racing and winning the two last trophies
- racing and winning three challenges with seven races each (ok, I made the 1st race of the italian challenge, so in there it'll be just 6)
- doing a single race in arcade mode (IIRC, that's four levels of racing, from begginer to legend)
- doing a single time trial

?????

It is possible, of course, if that's the way this game is designed. But, if that's the case, I'll have no incentive to do it all. And it seems wrong, getting no reward for doing all that.

But without finishing described above you'll not have all the collectors cards or not achieve 100% game completition.

There is always Pokemon after last Pokemon.

:lol:

Anyway, I think I have good news. Last night I did two more Trophies (512S and 250 LM <----- great drive with this one). AND, as expected, I won the 250 TR and the 250 GTO.

So ... just after unlocking the GTO (therefore unlocking ALL Trophy cars), I went to check the "Unlock all Ferraris" card and ...

It's still a locked card :)

So the 21 Trophy cars + the F430 Challenge aren't all the cars we have to unlock in the game.

PS - I hadn't noticed this before, but the cards have names, and this one is called "THE COLLECTOR" :dopey:

nice, maybe when you reach 100% completion? or it has something to do with arcade and/or challenge?

thx for sharing your progress:D

Well guys, I have very dissapointing news, and a rant to write here.

The news:

Last night I raced and completed the 250 TR and the 250 GTO Trophies, winning all races.

When finishing the last race of the 250TR Trophy, I got a message saying that I had unlocked 3 challenge cards. One of them I knew was the "trophy" card, so I went to check what were the other two. Leaving the trophy, I couldn't help to notice that I hadn't unlocked any new car.

So, the other two cards were ... "THE COLLECTOR" (you have unlocked all Ferraris) and also "THE UNBEATABLE" (you have won all trophies).

After that, I still made the GTO Trophy (since winning the "unbeatable" card was clearly a bug, I still had some hope that the unlocking of the "collector" card was also a bug and that when after REALLY finishing all trophies I still could get a surprise).

Won all three races, finished the last trophy and ... no new car or anything new. The game just didn't realize I had finished Trophy mode.

End of news.

And now the RANT:

I really like this game, and I can stand all bugs it has. However, I don't like lies. The cover of the box says this:

"Unlock and race over 50 Ferrari cars from vintage legends to the FXX"

That is a lie. The game says I have unlocked all Ferraris, and I don't even have half of 50 cars

I won't even bother doing the Challenges. I'll get back to GT5P and wait for the patch to be able to race online with you guys. And I think the next 25 cars to be released as "downloadable goodies" should be free. I feel I already payed them, but somehow they were taken out of the disc and now System 3 wants me to pay for them again.

End of rant.

PS - See you guys after the bugged online play in this game is solved. Until then, I'll be playing GT5P.

Well guys, Just wanted to know if we are starting a save file download here for others to download that are finding it hard to do.

Iv got around 3/4 of the cars here .

Well guys, I have very dissapointing news, and a rant to write here.

The news:

Last night I raced and completed the 250 TR and the 250 GTO Trophies, winning all races.

When finishing the last race of the 250TR Trophy, I got a message saying that I had unlocked 3 challenge cards. One of them I knew was the "trophy" card, so I went to check what were the other two. Leaving the trophy, I couldn't help to notice that I hadn't unlocked any new car.

So, the other two cards were ... "THE COLLECTOR" (you have unlocked all Ferraris) and also "THE UNBEATABLE" (you have won all trophies).

After that, I still made the GTO Trophy (since winning the "unbeatable" card was clearly a bug, I still had some hope that the unlocking of the "collector" card was also a bug and that when after REALLY finishing all trophies I still could get a surprise).

Won all three races, finished the last trophy and ... no new car or anything new. The game just didn't realize I had finished Trophy mode.

End of news.

And now the RANT:

I really like this game, and I can stand all bugs it has. However, I don't like lies. The cover of the box says this:

"Unlock and race over 50 Ferrari cars from vintage legends to the FXX"

That is a lie. The game says I have unlocked all Ferraris, and I don't even have half of 50 cars

I won't even bother doing the Challenges. I'll get back to GT5P and wait for the patch to be able to race online with you guys. And I think the next 25 cars to be released as "downloadable goodies" should be free. I feel I already payed them, but somehow they were taken out of the disc and now System 3 wants me to pay for them again.

End of rant.

PS - See you guys after the bugged online play in this game is solved. Until then, I'll be playing GT5P.

keep in mind that you only finished trophy mode and haven;t completet the game 100%.
also it is not a lie that including the comming DLC you will be able to race with 50 different ferrari's
i have to admid that it is a big selling talk kind of thing but not a total lie

keep in mind that you only finished trophy mode and haven;t completet the game 100%.

Yes, but I got the card that says I have unlocked all Ferraris in the game.

also it is not a lie that including the comming DLC you will be able to race with 50 different ferrari's
i have to admit that it is a big selling talk kind of thing but not a total lie

Are you a lawyer? :sly:

of course it's a lie, when you buy a game the info provided about it (how many tracks, how many cars) refers to what is in the game, not about what can be added to it with a new additional purchase. I don't know the laws in England, but (btw, I'm a lawyer :sly: ) I've no doubt in my mind that in my country I could sue and win a case against the store that sold me this game (they could, afterwards or simultaneously sue who ever sold the game to them), and get refunded for the money I spent, unless it was proven that there are indeed 50 different cars in the disc (in that case, what would be wrong would be the unlocking of the "Collector" card before the right moment).

However, to get back 69,99 € I would have to spend a lot of time. It's just not worth it.

I think it is pretty safe to say the game dosent have no where 50 cars. Unless we count the diferent coloured F430 as individial cars (Would still not be 50, but more close). That is just dumb, if we used that logic in say Gt5 P it would have +500 cars.

Also about the card unlocking all cars. That card seems to be bugged or at least some people on the AV forums reported they had got that card way before unlocking all cars.

Can I win the Ferrari 512 M only in the Italy Challenge at Vallelunga by coming 1st or 2nd?

Or can I unlock it with a certain Ferrari in the Trophy mode?

I have only done the Italian, European and American Challenge series and have won on each (on Beginner) event. I have now got all 21 unlockable cars from that. The last I won was the FXX (after the 250 GTO and 250 LM).

I won a car from each of the 21 "weekends" all the races of which I won, except the first race at Mont Tremblant (?) which was a wet race, at which I was 3rd. I still managed a 1st overall at the event though.

Due to not qualifying I made enough money to buy all the cars except the 333P which I am currently trying to buy courtesy of a few Arcade races.

Anyone here talking about the NTSC version ?
I AM! But it seems if u unlock cars in challenge mode they don't appear as some of the double prizes listed here...the list seems to not have been affected too much...I double checked my 360 modena trophy and I finished 2nd with the 360gt...I won the f430gt2 in the European challenge...

Yea the OP should gather all the info in the first post & then get this made a sticky!

Well, no.

Praxis showed us there is no "true" logic behind the car unlocking system.

Praxis showed us so far that you can unlock cars pretty much in any competition mode, and that they will unlock with the logic most similar to "Trophy Acomplishements" card-tree.

You can unlock cars by winning in Challenge modes ("winning" means finishing the race not below 3rd position), Trophy mode or Arcade mode.

The fastest way to unlock cars would probably be Challenge mode, or you can go with most challenging and funnier way - with Trophy mode (after you unlock F348 Berlinetta by racing the 1st Monza race of Challenge mode, you go to F348Trophy and keep winning there to unlock all cars, play them in Trophy and unlock cars and so on..).

However, you may find that main obstacle will be your knowledge otf the trackks, especially in rain races, which are pretty often. Since nobody yet manage to determine which position (1st, 2nd, 3rd) in any race or champinship gives you which car, you just have to try to win everything in the first place to ensure gaining of all vehicles in shortes time possible.

Of course, if anybody have any other insight on this matter, it would be very welcomed.

Regards,

Amar

Latest Posts

Back