Unobtainable paintchips

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 39 comments
I actually tested this out some time ago. All the Peugeot colors can be obtained, but they all look the exact same. It's almost like a black, flat texture with no reflections or anything. It looks especially weird when smoke overlays the paint job during a burnout or whatever you do to make smoke.
I'm thinking that the Peugeot colors were never supposed to be obtainable, but PD done goofed and never patched it.
You can make some pretty interesting looking cars with these paint chips. Try putting them on cars with stripes. ;)
I think this is the only shade of black, that when applied to a car with stripes, gets accompanied by black stripes rather than white stripes.
View attachment 460003

I remember when GT5 got hacked we were able to get unobtainable paints like the McLaren ones as well as some funky chips never even before. One was like a crazy polarized 10 and another one was a similar black to the one you posted above, just a flat black without any reflection.

Hopefully somebody finds a way to get them again :D

I remember when GT5 got hacked we were able to get unobtainable paints like the McLaren ones as well as some funky chips never even before. One was like a crazy polarized 10 and another one was a similar black to the one you posted above, just a flat black without any reflection.

Hopefully somebody finds a way to get them again :D
I remember there was this really insane paint chip that was called 5727cc or something like that which was basically a glitched colorshift paint job and would always change the next time you enter a track with a car that has that paint on. Man I hope one day, someone finds a glitch to get a paint chip that is exactly like that one on GT6. That was like the best thing I ever seen on GT5. :cool:

I remember there was this really insane paint chip that was called 5727cc or something like that which was basically a glitched colorshift paint job and would always change the next time you enter a track with a car that has that paint on. Man I hope one day, someone finds a glitch to get a paint chip that is exactly like that one on GT6. That was like the best thing I ever seen on GT5. :cool:

Yea I remember that paint, I used it to paint my car when racing online cuz it was such a distraction for the guy following me :lol:

When GT5 got hacked it got such a boost it seemed everyone got back into playing it. If only we could get that feeling again with 6 :indiff:

I remember doing something similar in gt5.
And I wonder how that turned out especially with paint chips from race cars. :rolleyes:
Yea I remember that paint, I used it to paint my car when racing online cuz it was such a distraction for the guy following me :lol:

When GT5 got hacked it got such a boost it seemed everyone got back into playing it. If only we could get that feeling again with 6 :indiff:
It was pretty interesting when GT5 got hacked. It led to some really interesting discoveries, including two new X2010 variants that never got released but were in the game files and were already finished. *And you were able to bring them over to the game* Although one of them did got removed from the game and if you used the one that got removed in a race, it will be nothing but creating smoke while giving physics the middle finger. Unfortunately, none of these X2010 variants made it over to GT6.

I do wonder when will GT6 get hacked again though.

Last edited:
@Aussie_HSV, as an addition to your list of VGT cars and paint chips i have got this:
I got the colour RED #764 from the PEUGEOT VGT, it is a solid colour, but looks matte, but when you try to apply it to an other car it becomes a matte black with no reflection (at least at the paintshop). I think that all the peugeot colours are available, but i don't know how they will be applied on other cars, because the red paint is the only matte looking.
Interesting.
TBH, all I generally do is purchase each paint model to see if a paint chip is offered, mainly to document the VGT series.
Experimenting with each chip isn't done all that often.

I will update my post above for the list of VGT cars as it stands if anyone is interested.

As for the new 2020, I wouldn't be surprised to see it added, as per the Mazda remodel.
I also wouldn't be surprised to see the new paint chip added.
We got all of the earlier 2020 chips, bar a Matte Grey and Carbon.
So should the car get added/updated, there seems a good chance we would see the 'Fire Knight' chip.

Interesting.
TBH, all I generally do is purchase each paint model to see if a paint chip is offered, mainly to document the VGT series.
Experimenting with each chip isn't done all that often.

I will update my post above for the list of VGT cars as it stands if anyone is interested.

As for the new 2020, I wouldn't be surprised to see it added, as per the Mazda remodel.
I also wouldn't be surprised to see the new paint chip added.
We got all of the earlier 2020 chips, bar a Matte Grey and Carbon.
So should the car get added/updated, there seems a good chance we would see the 'Fire Knight' chip.

Thank you

Bit of a mixed bag.
Here's the Vision list.

Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo
None
Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo Racing Series
None
BMW Vision Gran Turismo
None
Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV EVOLUTION Vision Gran Turismo
Diamond Gray Yes
Diamond Red Yes
Diamond White Yes
Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo Red Yes
Habanero Orange Yes
Lapiz Blue Yes
Reflex Silver Yes
Oryx White Yes
NISSAN CONCEPT 2020 Vision Gran Turismo

Storm White Yes
Ultimate Silver Yes
Gun Metal Yes
Dark Mat Gray Concept No
Carbon No
Vibrant Red Yes
Lava Red Yes
Energetic Orange Yes
Ink Blue Yes
Atlantic Blue Yes
Night Shade Yes
Aston Martin DP-100 Vision Gran Turismo

Alloro Green Yes
Alloro Green / Racing Yellow No
Ocellus Teal No
Ocellus Teal / Stripe No
Crimson Ruby Yes
Crimson Ruby / Stripe No
Liquid Silver Yes
Liquid Silver / Stripe No
Platinum White Yes
Platinum White / Racing Orange No
Electric Blue No
Electric Blue / Stripe No
Iced Grey Yes
Iced Grey / Stripe No
Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo

None
SUBARU VIZIV GT Vision Gran Turismo
Titanium Solid Silver No
WR Blue Pearl Yes
Crystal White Pearl Yes
Fire Opal Orange Pearl Yes
Tungsten Black Pearl Yes
Black X Orange Special No
Ultimate Metallic Special No
Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo

Ghost White Yes
Phantom Black Yes
INFINITI CONCEPT Vision Gran Turismo

None
Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo
Atmospheric White Yes
MINI Vision Gran Turismo

None

*Edit* - List updated

Alpine Vision Gran Turismo (+ Race Mode)
None
LEXUS LF-LC GT Vision Gran Turismo
VGT Brush stroke pattern No
VGT Version White Yes
VGT Version Blue Yes
VGT Version Red Yes
Volkswagen GTI Supersport Vision Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo Red Yes
Habanero Orange Yes
Lapiz Blue Yes
Reflex Silver Yes
Oryx White Yes
PEUGEOT Vision Gran Turismo

Flash #521 Yes
White #419 Yes
Ice #387 Yes
Red #764 Yes
Blue #296 Yes
Black #088 Yes
SRT Tomahawk Vision Gran Tursimo (Models 'S' , 'GTS-R' , and 'X')

None
It truly is a shame that the Infiniti has no colors that are obtainable. That car has some of the best looking colors in the game, in my opinion. Deep purple especially.
Best looking purple I have ever seen in my entire freaking life. :drool:

I'd absolutely LOVE to find a "venom green" somewhere, but alas no luck thusfar. All i've found is it playing second fiddle to black on a Bugatti and also one of the spaceship looking cars from the VGT series ( I forget the car, sorry ). Anyone else happened across "venom green" as of yet ? Elsewhere on GTPlanet, a forum member mentioned "GT Fluorescence 004" as possibly being the closest ( but not enough ) match in the game at the moment. Does anyone know what car comes with that colour ? Sounds like a colour one can only win during a monthly update online challenge or something ?

Other close matches, I've seen mentioned ( thanks to member lbpomg95 ) are:

Verde Mela from the Stratos

Fantasiagrun from the VW Lupo

Isotope Green from the Evora
Uh. I THINK you're talking about the Tomahawk S.

Back