Unofficial GT Sport Companion out for iOS - Finally!

Downloaded it yesterday, already a nice little app that actually shows your DR/SR numbers. :cheers: Only issue I have is today’s races won’t load for me.

This companion app is a fan project (unofficial) and is in no way affiliated with the Gran Turismo brand or Sony Computer Entertainment
Thanks very much for this app, @fideles1986

Please, please, please keep in mind that you need to be very careful with what you are doing here: generating income from ads.

These unofficial apps and sites that scrape data from Sony Computer Entertainment's web infrastructure without permission or an official API are sketchy from a legal standpoint, I'd imagine.

If you are making even a bit of ad revenue from serving ads using SCE's data, they might slap not just you with a cease and deist, but a bunch of community sites as well.

I don't know if anyone else here has the same concern. Thoughts?

Thanks very much for this app, @fideles1986

Please, please, please keep in mind that you need to be very careful with what you are doing here: generating income from ads.

These unofficial apps and sites that scrape data from Sony Computer Entertainment's web infrastructure without permission or an official API are sketchy from a legal standpoint, I'd imagine.

If you are making even a bit of ad revenue from serving ads using SCE's data, they might slap not just you with a cease and deist, but a bunch of community sites as well.

I don't know if anyone else here has the same concern. Thoughts?
The data being retrieved is actually our data, if we the players didn't buy the game, there wouldn't be any information to show. Also the API is public, it's not hidden behind any crazy firewall, or I don't need to login in my account to access information. I understand your concerns of course, but if this was the case you wouldn't have sites like PSN PROFILES. I am pretty sure the few bucks I am making is not in any way something Sony would worry about. If I was tarnishing their name or presenting something very sub par, than I would understand them having a problem with it.

I’m loving the detailed SR and DR! Can you say how quickly it gets updated after a race?
After you finish a race and leave the lobby, in the bottom right hand corner it will say something like SAVED ONLINE, just pull to refresh your profile and there should be a little animation on the progress bars.

After you finish a race and leave the lobby, in the bottom right hand corner it will say something like SAVED ONLINE, just pull to refresh your profile and there should be a little animation on the progress bars.
How exactly do you refresh? I was pulling down, up, sideways but nothing works. The only way it updates is to reboot the app. Also, I wanted to go check the settings and the GT Sport app doesn’t appear on my list!

I don’t use iOS much(iPad Air 2) so maybe I’m doing something wrong. There is a system update but I hesitate because there was an iOS update last year that just had a massive number of issues.

Anyway, not a big deal at all, loving the app, hope it makes you a decent amount of money!

How exactly do you refresh? I was pulling down, up, sideways but nothing works. The only way it updates is to reboot the app. Also, I wanted to go check the settings and the GT Sport app doesn’t appear on my list!

I don’t use iOS much(iPad Air 2) so maybe I’m doing something wrong. There is a system update but I hesitate because there was an iOS update last year that just had a massive number of issues.

Anyway, not a big deal at all, loving the app, hope it makes you a decent amount of money!
You probably need to update the APP than, to version 1.0.5.

A great app! 👍

But I can’t log onto it now. It can’t find my PDN-I’d for some reason. Maybe something happened with the last update of the game? @fideles1986

Edit: I’m on iOS btw

Hi, great app, I use it everyday. Thank you! :)

I would be happy to purchase a premium version to support you and get rid of the ads.

Is it possible to have the car used in the leaderboard as well? Because I use this app to keep track of the daily race leaderboard times, but I still have to log in to my PS4 to see what car was used.

I just payed for your app now. You deserve it! Thanks a lot for your effort :gtpflag:

And still, embarrassing for PD that they can't do something like this.

Paid! Keep the updates and content coming. Great app so far.
One question though....I paid for the app ($3.21) but why do I continue to see ads?

Last edited:
33031293_1842272225792832_8320310233217892352_o.jpg

Update your apps!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gt-sport-companion/id1358005219

What's new:
- Gallery
- Cars
- Tracks
- News
- SR/DR History

Back