Unprovoked aggression?

• Thread starter GTFraker
  • 103 comments
Poland
Poland
I extended this dude every possible courtesy, gave him enough room to operate but he just decided to take me out on the first lap.
I understand if I had bumped him or weaved in front if him, but since it was my first race in the Z4 I tried to keep out of others' path in case I mess up.
Ramming people off-track out of anger is obe thing, just removing competition because it's more convenient is pathological.

I found it hard to follow that clip, would be easier to pass judgement if the full incident was played in a few views, its a shame the replay bar doesnt have an icon to show what view the driver was using.
I would have used the rumble strip to keep as far left as possible on the exit until I had a chance to look at the radar or see him appear on screen again as he would be in a blind spot in my invisible car view.

Honestly I wouldn’t say it was intentional but his driving line was horrible on that corner, I think he tried moving in a diagonal line to gain traction and ended up hitting you. You gave him enough room and he came into that corner at a really dumb angle anyways.

@Jack well as I said, I was still coming to grips with the Z4 so it was hard for me to be so exact as to go extremely wide on the exit since there is a big chance of ending in the gravel trap. I figured him for a hothead so I tried to show him that I am giving him space to race cleanly, alas it didn't matter naught.

I don’t think you need to extend his nationality into insulting him.

I also think your being pretty unfair, he didn’t wipe you out, you both just came together on corner exit.
If he had wanted to ‘wipe you out’ he would have done so mid-corner, pushing you into the gravel, than cutting the corner allowing you to go around the outside.

I think you where pushing your luck by trying to hold the outside line in the first place and simply got unlucky with a racing incident.

If he was out to get you he had some better chances for doing that already, like T5 where he could have easily pushed you wide but gave racing room. He probably just didnt expect you to stick to the outside. Also it was just a minor tap on exit, unfortunately with big consequences for you, but it definetly doesnt look intentional to me. Racing incident in my book.

There was an accident and yellow flag in that corner as well adding plenty of distraction. Technically you weren't allowed to overtake at that time. Overtaking on the outside is a risky move in the first lap if you don't know yet how well the other person is in control of their car.

If it weren't for the yellow flag, you did have the right of way. It didn't look aggressive though.

So, Unprovoked aggression is the not the right word on that situation.

Studying the behavior and the driving style of an unknown driver, is difficult to achieve and needs a lot of practicing.

So, if you have in mind to finish the race in the best finishing position and as fast as possible, sometimes such kind of accidents are very common.

Last edited:
If he was out to get you he had some better chances for doing that already, like T5 where he could have easily pushed you wide but gave racing room. He probably just didnt expect you to stick to the outside. Also it was just a minor tap on exit, unfortunately with big consequences for you, but it definetly doesnt look intentional to me. Racing incident in my book.
I think he decided I wasn't going away and decided to take me out, he swerved into a few more cars that were trying to pass him during the rest of the race.
Still, I guess there is no point in expecting other drivers to give a **** about avoiding contact.

I think he decided I wasn't going away and decided to take me out, he swerved into a few more cars that were trying to pass him during the rest of the race.
Still, I guess there is no point in expecting other drivers to give a **** about avoiding contact.
Or about others drivers not taking things personally and looking at situations objectively...

Without to insult you, that goes for you too!

That below:

I guess there is no point in expecting other drivers to give a **** about avoiding contact.

As far as the video goes, you did not tried (at least) to avoid that accident, did you?

The act of reaction is named as BRAKING! :-P

EVEN IF YOU LOSE YOUR POSITION! (Am i being unfair to you? )

So, Unprovoked aggression is the not the right word on that situation.

Studying the behavior and the driving style of an unknown driver, is difficult to achieve and needs a lot of practicing.

So, if you have in mind to finish the race in the best finishing position and as fast as possible, sometimes such kind of accidents are very common.
There was no chance he would hit the ghosted car with the line he took, he also knew that was I was there the same reason that I knew he was there which is why I kept to the outside. He saw me pass him and swerved to left for no reason.

Without to insult you, that goes for you too!

That below:

I guess there is no point in expecting other drivers to give a **** about avoiding contact.

As far as the video goes, you did not tried (at least) to avoid that accident, did you?

The act of reaction is named as BRAKING! :-P
I braked, how else did I make the corner? The only thing he had to do was not to suddenly swerve left.

I'm afraid I agree with general consensus on this one. He wasn't dirty, no unprovoked aggression there. Just an every day racing incident, two cars into one line never works out well for someone, unfortunately being on the outside it was you who suffered.

I braked, how else did I make the corner? The only thing he had to do was not to suddenly swerve left.
He never swerved left he kept steering right at all times. Clearly visible from his bumper view wich shows steering inputs. You also didnt use all space available to you wich you really need to if you are going to attempt a pass around the outside. If u did contact might not even occured, just saying.

The whole scenario is just an unfortunate event.

Accidents after a corner are very difficult to manage.

And on that matter, for being 100% fair we should listen his version of explanation.

And that's obviously not possible. lol

We have sort of an accident (could be worse and could be avoided - YES) that two drivers are involved.

You and that French guy, so both opinions are valuable for making a fair conclusion. :D

Meh, I did my part, he didn't do his, that is about as simple as it gets. If you say that's not what dirty is, I guess I understand.

He never swerved left he kept steering right at all times. Clearly visible from his bumper view wich shows steering inputs. You also didnt use all space available to you wich you really need to if you are going to attempt a pass around the outside. If u did contact might not even occured, just saying.
Maybe, but he could have kept away, it's not like I came at him from above, here is another angle:

This right here. Took the thought right off my keyboard. Two drivers going for the same piece of real estate that neither was fully entitled to. Accidents happen and there's no intent here.

The second replay was posted as I was typing and after watching that, it's pretty clear that the green / yellow car has no intention of using the entire track width on exit and may be attempting to squeeze red car on exit. If you try and squeeze someone, you'd better be prepared for contact.

This right here. Took the thought right off my keyboard. Two drivers going for the same piece of real estate that neither was fully entitled to. Accidents happen and there's no intent here.

The second replay was posted as I was typing and after watching that, it's pretty clear that the green / yellow car has no intention of using the entire track width on exit and may be attempting to squeeze red car on exit. If you try and squeeze someone, you'd better be prepared for contact.
There is a car crashed right in front of me, I squeezed him? lol.

Meh, I did my part, he didn't do his, that is about as simple as it gets. If you say that's not what dirty is, I guess I understand.

>Meh, I did my part, he didn't do his, that is about as simple as it gets.

Sorry, but he could say the same for you.

So, we are at the begging of our research again.

On the most cases both drivers that are involved on an accident have their own part of responsibility.

Saying the above and making such radical conclusion is selfish and doesn't help anyone to become a better driver.

Sorry, but i can't agree with you. Simple as that. :P

>Meh, I did my part, he didn't do his, that is about as simple as it gets.

Sorry, but he could say the same for you.

So, we are at the begging of our research again.

On the most cases both drivers that are involved on an accident have their own part of responsibility.

Saying the above and making such radical conclusion is selfish and doesn't help anyone to become a better driver.

Sorry, but i can't agree with you. Simple as that. :P
I didn't ask youto agree with me, I wouldn't post different angles of the incident otherwise. I feel like he could have avoided sending me into the barriers, cause surely I didn't try to do the same.

Maybe, but he could have kept away, it's not like I came at him from above, here is another angle:

Yes he could have kept more to right just like you could have kept more to left. I normally exit with 2 wheels on the curb in that corner, if u did that maybe there was space to both make the corner. Anyway i dont get why you are so hard on this guy. Nothing in the videos clearly shows it was intentional, in fact it all points to a racing incident like most in this thread state as well. These things can happen, especially when you are trying real hard to maintain the spot by sticking to the outside line. Taking the outside line is always a risk cause it makes u vulnerable to these kind of incidents. You took the risk but this time unfortunately it didnt pay out.

I dont know how many races you have done but i have seen way worse then this. If you are getting this upset because of what looks to be a racing incident get prepared to face the real dirty drivers lol.

Well, there you have it. He didn’t swerve and you didn’t stay on the outside...
As you can see in both videos, there is a car I'm trying to avoid, thanks for you input though, I do admit that seeing the majority of responses it is not an example of a driver being dirty.

There is a car crashed right in front of me, I squeezed him? lol.

You are well past the wrecked car by corner exit and it had nothing to do with staying tight on exit. The only reason to stay tight on exit would be to restrict the room that the other driver had on corner exit in an attempt to slow his momentum. If I had to judge it as a steward, I'd say both drivers were at fault and write it off as a racing incident and penalize neither.

Yes he could have kept more to right just like you could have kept more to left. I normally exit with 2 wheels on the curb in that corner, if u did that maybe there was space to both make the corner. Anyway i dont get why you are so hard on this guy. Nothing in the videos clearly shows it was intentional, in fact it all points to a racing incident like most in this thread state as well. These things can happen, especially when you are trying real hard to maintain the spot by sticking to the outside line. Taking the outside line is always a risk cause it makes u vulnerable to these kind of incidents. You took the risk but this time unfortunately it didnt pay out.

I dont know how many races you have done but i have seen way worse then this. If you are getting this upset because of what looks to be a racing incident get prepared to face the real dirty drivers lol.
I have had 70 or 80 races in GTS so far I think, I have been torpedoed or used as a brake and turn pad numerous times. It just hurt more because I tried really hard to give him space. The only reason I didn't use the whole track on that turn was the ghosted car on the outside and me being gingerly with the Z4.

Back