• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 59 comments

MonGnoM

(Banned)
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MonGnoM
Hello community.
First of all, i used the search function at least 20 minutes to find if there is a thread about this kind of topic, but i couldn't find anything, so in advance, sorry if there already is something.

Well, all of us know that there are some cars with "hidden specs" for example the amount of hp, torque, weight and so on is represented by this "---" three lines.

One method to unveil is going to an open lobby, and play with the restrictions until you find out how many kilogramms a car has.

For example i want to know how heavy this particular car is.
So I start guessing the weight.
Starting with setting the lobby restrictions to 1200kg.
On the sheet where yu tune your car, if the blank space "---" is red, this means the car is lighter than 1200kg, so you go down with the restriction, or add ballast until it stops glowing red, and then you subtract the amount of ballast from the restricted weight limit.

With the power it is a bit more twitchy, i basicly only use the lobby restriction settings.

So in this thread i will list all the cars with missing stats and specs, which we can find out via this way.
If you want to help me, just post your results here and i will list it here too.

These are the cars' specs I have unveiled so far:

Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car: .............................................................................. 592hp / 1160kg
Citroën GT by Citroën Race Car: .............................................................................. 599hp / 1200kg
Honda NSX Concept: .............................................................................................. 563hp / 1500kg
Jaguar XJ220 LM Race car: ..................................................................................... 542hp / 1180kg
Mazda LM VGT: ...................................................................................................... 831hp / 830kg
Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac '01: .................................................................................... 225hp / 1200kg
Mazda RX7 LM Race Car: ........................................................................................ 500hp / 1080kg
Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car: ............................................................................. 423hp / 980kg
Nissan Concept 2020 VGT: ...................................................................................... 695hp / 1575kg
Nissan Fairlady Z LM Race Car: ................................................................................ 608hp / 1120kg
Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car: .......................................................................... 616hp / 1100kg
Pagani Zonda LM Race Car: ..................................................................................... 650hp / 1150kg
Tajima Sports E Runner: ......................................................................................... 887hp / 1640kg
PDi Formula Gran Turismo: ....................................................................................... 891hp / 550kg
Toyota FT-1:........................................................................................................... 493hp/ 1319kg
Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo: ............................................................................ 614hp / 1000kg

there are many more cars, so let's go!

Last edited:
493 really? That things well quick for that

A stock GT500 car has more power, less weight but cant keep up with that FT1

EDIT:

Sorry reading the wrong specs ha ha, looks like i need some specs :)

ahhh I see, i think you thought of the Vision GT car, the FT- race car.
The FT- VGT has a little over 600hp.

Great idea @MonGnoM I think I've seen people do this calculation for individual cars on individual car threads but don't think I can remember a thread before with them all on. It might be worth checking the "official" VGT thread from @Monatsende as some of these hidden stats may already be shown on there?

I wonder if the power figure of the Nissan VGT takes the KERS system into account or not.
The game only speaks of it's normal power output in the specs sheet, which is 591 HP, corresponding to the total output of a Nissan GT-R GT3. With the KERS on it makes about 700+HP

I wonder if the power figure of the Nissan VGT takes the KERS system into account or not.

They don't for the Toyota TS030 so I'd assume not.

As @SVX said, favouriting a car and looking at it from the 2 player car select menu reveals the power output of any car, regardless of whether or not the power output is ordinarily hidden, which should make things a bit easier.

Here's some cars. Mostly the awesome race cars that nobody drives, and they make for a great car list for whoever wants make a series in GT6.

Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car: 415hp / 1030kg

XJ220 LM: 542hp / 1180kg

Camaro LM: 592hp / 1160kg

RX-7 LM: 500hp / 1080kg

FTO Super Touring Car: 423hp / 980kg

Fairlady Z LM: 608hp / 1120kg

GT-R Concept LM: 616hp / 1100kg

GT by Citroën Race Car: 599hp / 1200kg

Formula Gran Turismo: 891hp / 550kg

Zonda LM: 650hp / 1150kg

First of all, i used the search function at least 20 minutes to find if there is a thread about this kind of topic, but i couldn't find anything, so in advance, sorry if there already is something.
I don't recall seeing a thread about it, but I should mention that they're all in GTPEDIA, for all cars in all of the games which brandish any power or weight stat of "-". Though I haven't updated for the GTI Supersport, now I come to think about it.

I don't recall seeing a thread about it, but I should mention that they're all in GTPEDIA, for all cars in all of the games which brandish any power or weight stat of "-". Though I haven't updated for the GTI Supersport, now I come to think about it.
But why is there a "_" for it?

But why is there a "_" for it?
That's a question no-one but PD can answer. I can take a guess at it, but it'd be no better than anyone else's guess - also, it really irritates me.

That's a question no-one but PD can answer. I can take a guess at it, but it'd be no better than anyone else's guess - also, it really irritates me.
It annoys the heck out of me, I don't use them for reason.

SVX
Having the car as a favourite and going into a 2 player car select menu shows the HP of the car no matter what, as well. The Mazda VGT 843BHP.

Oh that's a great idea aswell! I think the different power values dpend on the oil change, and the different units we have.
For me, everything is in kW, which are 1,4something horsepower. Then there's a difference between horsepower and bhp.
I think a slight differents for certain countries too.
Also the german "ps" doesn't equal the american "hp" it is only a slight difference 1 hp equals 1,013 DIN PS
That's maybe why i got 830hp (829,87hp) for the Mazda LM55 VGT and you over 840hp.

Great work everyone! Will there be a spreadsheet in the works to record all this data? 👍

I can make that too, when all the data is collected.

@Famine I hope that's not so bad, because i don't have the GTPedia.
If you feel like deleting this thread, it's ok, i can understand that decision then.

If you feel like deleting this thread, it's ok, i can understand that decision then.
Not really necessary - just letting you know there's a to-hand resource for all "-" cars from GT1 through to GT6.
Oh that's a great idea aswell! I think the different power values dpend on the oil change, and the different units we have.
I always use as-received in-garage power ratings - no oil, no mileage and no other alterations. This lends a consistency to GTPEDIA's data.
For me, everything is in kW, which are 1,4something horsepower. Then there's a difference between horsepower and bhp.
I think a slight differents for certain countries too.
Also the german "ps" doesn't equal the american "hp" it is only a slight difference 1 hp equals 1,013 DIN PS
That's maybe why i got 830hp (829,87hp) for the Mazda LM55 VGT and you over 840hp.
If you want to convert horsepower to kW, multiply by 0.746 - or divide by 0.746 to convert from hp.
If you want to convert horsepower to "metric" horsepower (the most awful unit in the universe), divide by 0.986 - or multiply by 0.986 to convert from hp.

1000kW = 1340hp = 1359PS/CV/Ch (etc.)
746kW = 1000hp = 1014PS
736kW = 986hp = 1000PS

Not really necessary - just letting you know there's a to-hand resource for all "-" cars from GT1 through to GT6.I always use as-received in-garage power ratings - no oil, no mileage and no other alterations. This lends a consistency to GTPEDIA's data.
If you want to convert horsepower to kW, multiply by 0.746 - or divide by 0.746 to convert from hp.
If you want to convert horsepower to "metric" horsepower (the most awful unit in the universe), divide by 0.986 - or multiply by 0.986 to convert from hp.

1000kW = 1340hp = 1359PS/CV/Ch (etc.)
746kW = 1000hp = 1014PS
736kW = 986hp = 1000PS

Or use the windows calculator like I do ;)

What about the NSX Concept? :confused:
I have the car, it has no specs even in car settings.

The car itself isn't that fun either when it comes to functionality. It's like a premium-standard. You can't flash the lights or honk the horn :/

I have the car, it has no specs even in car settings.

The car itself isn't that fun either when it comes to functionality. It's like a premium-standard. You can't flash the lights or honk the horn :/
The lights work.

Pffff... i expected more from you here. Your not on point as I expect Famine to be here. Famine would not let a detail like the GTI Supersport to wash away by the waist side ;-).

Latest Posts

Back