Update 1.06 possible changes to the physics + general physics discussion.

You are saying its 'ingenious in its execution', well to make that statement you must have knowledge of how they programmed it. Enlighten me because I am mid development of my own game and I'd love some insights. Even my in rubbish model everything has its own mass and acts independently on other objects with no magical transfer through the wheels, I guess I am doing something so much more advanced?.. And you say the aero is not real.. So what does it calculate then and how do you know this?

You just admitted the ball moves, its not relevant if you move also. If the ball moves then it can move relative to the ground which is all you are trying to do with the wheels. You were tying to say that it was not possible and tried to blind with science to make people believe your point without really understanding. And congrats it worked, but you still very well know how wrong you were.

I've not said this, that is again your invention. What I have been saying all along is that a; cars do not land flat in GT6, b; modeling the rotational mass nor changes to wind modeling will not change the physics when a car is rolling on its roof because the problem is the conversation of energy and c; that in most jumps in GT6 with most cars inputs are not going to make a difference because the time of the jump is very small and the mass of the car is huge.

Then guys like you come in and start taking about extreme cases of jumps and misinterpreting what I am saying to the point of creating strawmen. Even the most simple classical physics examples I talked about, like the forced needed to push a stationary car vs the force needed to push a car moving in the opposite direction you claimed was wrong and posted a rubbish equation for. Oh and another great one was when I said the rotation of the engine mass and some drive train components rotate the wrong axis, which you claimed was wrong and they rotate the correct axis. I am still not sure how or why everyone bought that considering everyone here has sat in a car, revved the engine and seen the car rock side to side, but they still lap it up when you tell them no, the car rocks front to back. That is either extreme stupidity or simple trolling.

Oh and that youtube link shows that the rolling physics is very accurate considering invisible walls and a lack of deformation. What people tend not to understand is that often invisible walls are not physics objects (though at ground level they often are), they are game objects that when triggered will trigger code in the physics limiting further movement, but will not produce newton reactions and interactions. That is why cars just sometimes seem to get stuck in a position till they lose momentum and fall. They actually had enough velocity to keep going past the invisible wall (or ceiling) but limits come in and they don't move past it. But the actual physics engine is fine.

Good luck with that, then, I guess.

I don't know if this has been discussed, but I'm having an issue keeping rear tires up to temperature since a recent update.

One of my usual past times is jumping in the likes of the SLS AMG GT3 and hot lapping Mt Panorama, the first lap is good but then my rears get colder and colder and it upsets the balance. I'm not exactly crawling around the track either, I'm in the 2.06 range, but they still go cold.

Are there any solutions for this?

Are you sure you're actually getting cold tires? Because I just grabbed my GT3 SLS at 618PP and 598HP everything is stock aside from brake bias 5/4 and pulled 4 consecutive laps 2:10 down to 2:09 even with my tires seemingly displaying a darker blue than when I first started but I could feel no difference in grip at all. At first I saw the light blue slowly getting darker before the first lap finished but I could feel no discernible difference in grip at all. My rear tires gradually got colder but that stopped and they warmed up a bit possibly from my slightly enthusiastic use of throttle at the chicanes. I will have to do some more testing to see if the color changes matter, could just be a visual representation error someone put in an incorrect value for the color coding and it's reading reversed. Funny thing is tires still go red when you light them up. Will take more testing to come up with loss of balance/grip as I experienced nothing of that sort. Will have to break out the wheel as my pad is broken and how I actually ran the laps.
Mt. Panorama carries it usual slowdown at the esses but other than that nothing else pops up. Well the draw distance looks a bit weird especially trees they look like screen doors at a distance.

Are you sure you're actually getting cold tires? Because I just grabbed my GT3 SLS at 618PP and 598HP everything is stock aside from brake bias 5/4 and pulled 4 consecutive laps 2:10 down to 2:09 even with my tires seemingly displaying a darker blue than when I first started but I could feel no difference in grip at all. At first I saw the light blue slowly getting darker before the first lap finished but I could feel no discernible difference in grip at all. My rear tires gradually got colder but that stopped and they warmed up a bit possibly from my slightly enthusiastic use of throttle at the chicanes. I will have to do some more testing to see if the color changes matter, could just be a visual representation error someone put in an incorrect value for the color coding and it's reading reversed. Funny thing is tires still go red when you light them up. Will take more testing to come up with loss of balance/grip as I experienced nothing of that sort. Will have to break out the wheel as my pad is broken and how I actually ran the laps.
Mt. Panorama carries it usual slowdown at the esses but other than that nothing else pops up. Well the draw distance looks a bit weird especially trees they look like screen doors at a distance.
I'm using a G25, and at first I didn't notice the colour, just felt a reduction of grip in the rear then saw the tires were cold.

I don't know if this has been discussed, but I'm having an issue keeping rear tires up to temperature since a recent update.

One of my usual past times is jumping in the likes of the SLS AMG GT3 and hot lapping Mt Panorama, the first lap is good but then my rears get colder and colder and it upsets the balance. I'm not exactly crawling around the track either, I'm in the 2.06 range, but they still go cold.

Are there any solutions for this?

Out of curiosity, what settings are you using (aids etc), and what tyres. I notice them getting darker blue on RH, no TCS, but it doesn't feel like they lack grip.

Out of curiosity, what settings are you using (aids etc), and what tyres. I notice them getting darker blue on RH, no TCS, but it doesn't feel like they lack grip.
Everything off, including ABS. Oh and Racing Hard tires, sometimes dabble with Racing Softs, will have to test how they react, haven't tested with them in a while.

Gt6 has not a real physics, the Hard Racing tires and the soft sports tire almost the same tire .GT6 is a totally mess!!!!15 Years and no inovation!!!!

Gt6 has not a real physics, the Hard Racing tires and the soft sports tire almost the same tire .GT6 is a totally mess!!!!15 Years and no inovation!!!!

I guess I have a different version of GT6 to you, then. :rolleyes:

Also, not really the topic at hand, the general physics mentioned by the thread title refers mostly to jump physics, oddly. :lol:

I guess I have a different version of GT6 to you, then. :rolleyes:

Also, not really the topic at hand, the general physics mentioned by the thread title refers mostly to jump physics, oddly. :lol:

I dont think so, but 1,2 sec in Silverstone between Racing Hard and Sports Soft

You meant by speed? Ah, they aren't massively different if driven correctly, yeah. I thought you meant overall, including behaviour (night and day).

After some more time and discussion with some friends I'm tempted to change my opinion and say there was a minor physics change in 1.06. I wanted a little more rotation from the car (MR) now. Also the sweetspot for spring stiffness seems to be a little softer. Hard to tell without direct comparison though.

Now that GT Academy has started, I do not think there will be any more changes to physics for a while. The info on the first round says it ends 16-6, so that means at least 2 months without any adjustments.

Why there would be no physics changes in between should be fairly obvious: it would change the behaviour of the cars in the tournament, which could have a significant impact on the results. For instance, after a physics change a car could turn less quickly than before, and it would be impossible for anyone trying afterwards to improve on the existing times.

Now that GT Academy has started, I do not think there will be any more changes to physics for a while. The info on the first round says it ends 16-6, so that means at least 2 months without any adjustments.

Why there would be no physics changes in between should be fairly obvious: it would change the behaviour of the cars in the tournament, which could have a significant impact on the results. For instance, after a physics change a car could turn less quickly than before, and it would be impossible for anyone trying afterwards to improve on the existing times.

That's a very sound and logical theory........... <----------neither of these things apply to PD or Gran Turismo though.

It makes logical sense as GT Academy is housed within GT6 as opposed to last years' being a separate download.

Back