Update 1.06 Undocumented Changes Thread (documented changes also listed in OP)

Yeah, it was the wrong choice of words. But you still don't understand where I was, or am, coming from. Sure, I went on a little rant, but not to attack a specific group of people. It was to basically to show that PD are paying attention (to the hardcore gamer), but they can't meet the needs of everybody as is what happened with this graphical sacrifice and performance fix. I was just being a bit of a jackhole, fyi. Still, I stand by what I said and have said. I know where you're coming from, but with Brandonw778787 quoting my post with a, "What's this guy even saying," kind of vibe/attitude, I took both of your posts and took it as "jumping on me." My mistake with that one.

You were high. It's okay, we're here for you. :D

No worries about the jumping thing, we're all just having a discussion.

It was the bolded part I was disagreeing though. PD have made many, many changes to their franchise over the years to accomodate a more casual audience. I think a stable frame rate is what should be expected no matter who the player is or who the game is targeting. In my belief, and I know a lot of other people feel the same, there are a lot of things that can break a game's immersion, it's alternative reality that it's wrapped us in, and at the top of the list for me is a bad frame rate. That's above flickering, bad AA, dumb AI, low resolutions, weird physics or profound glitches. Obviously that's excluding error's that cause system crashes.

I don't think GT6's frame rate is unplayable, but vast sectors (Bathurst etc) of it are certainly unenjoyable, they really remind you that it is just a game. The same applies to every game I've ever played, our eyes do not experience slow down, stutter or tearing, we receive a constant stream of information.

Edit: Damn, getting carried away, this should probably be in a different thread. Sorry all.

^ This. GT6 has been dumbed down for casual players so much that there's virtually nothing left for the "hardcore" players. PD has always had a fetish for 60fps so claiming that an improvement in frame rate that gets closer to their cherished 60fps was done only to please hardcore players just makes no sense. Especially since they've basically shunned hardcore players, and the tumbleweeds blowing around GTP show how effective their shunning has been. Improving the frame rate (marginally) is about the only thing they've done right with this game.

I agree, it's a bit more stable on stock setup, somehow.
I truely wish you guys were right, because I love the car. But both my Phoenix cars don't feel different after the update.
I have one with 8000 km, body rigidity installed and about 46 changes up to now.
I bought a second one (now 1200 km), no body rigidity and completely stock.
Both cars get their distances from racing the Nürburg 24'. So mostly wet or damp. I'll try them on a completely dry circuit to see if they feel different there...

I dont know if this was already in the previous update, but in the garage the car you're using (with the driver next to it) doesnt flicker anymore

Honda Element's plastic paneling no longer changes to what color you paint it. Now my white cruising Element looks like garbage.

When you flash the lights on the HSV, they flash quicker and the low beams don't flash a few times at the end like they used to.

1.06: 3D display blocks multi monitor settings if your TV isn't 3D?
Anyone else notice since 1.06 if you don't have 3D TV, you cannot get to the Multi Monitors display settings (you keep pressing down but it stops you from selecting 3D, which is right above Multi Monitors)? Last time I played GT6 I was fiddling with the field of view a lot and I probably left it on something ridiculous (50%) which made the depth perception extremely compressed (was trying to get the cockpit camera closer to the windshield). Last night I went to try out the 2014 GT Academy stuff, but since that's now part of GT6 (somewhat convenient) it's subject to the same problems as GT6 (not at all convenient). So, being unable to reset the multi monitor settings back to the default 100% FOV means doing a decent lap even in the humble LEAF was pretty much impossible from any camera angle.

My god, the tire smoke and water spray look absolutely dreadful after the latest update. I would honestly take the lower framerate at the expense of looking like this. It is really embarrassing and super noticeable. :indiff:

My god, the tire smoke and water spray look absolutely dreadful after the latest update. I would honestly take the lower framerate at the expense of looking like this. It is really embarrassing and super noticeable. :indiff:

Have to agree with you there, I'm finding myself actively avoiding driving in the rain or smoking up the tyres so I don't have to see it.

Have to agree with you there, I'm finding myself actively avoiding driving in the rain or smoking up the tyres so I don't have to see it.

I found when I did a rainmasters race yesterday that the spray looked better in cockpit mode. Still, I'd personally take the improved frame rate at the expense of the spray detail.

Improved frame rate is way more important imo than details.

Smoke and general cloud effects are a lot more than a detail. If it was the graphical quality of the crowd or the background cars then fine, but at the moment the smoke and rain look virtually as bad as GT5's against the backdrop of the car.

Combine that with the increased flickering compared to GT5 and GT6 starts looking a bit visually shoddy, pretty important when you consider the fact that graphics and realism have been major selling points throughout the history of the series.

Improved frame rate is way more important imo than details.

I saw no frame rate problem prior to this Update.

I have recently bought a video capture device, and having a good looking replay is really important to me. The pixelated water, dust and smoke is a giant leap backwards into GT5 land, with no benefit to me.

Back