Update 1.07

• Thread starter MatskiMonk
  • 384 comments
:embarrassed:

any ideas on when we will get them?

Receiving (or being able to purchase) probably after the GT Academy.
But it is probable that they are the ones (2 GT-R's) to be used in the forthcoming rounds, so you may have the possibility to drive them earlier.

So we get a VGT BMW (ok, it's nice looking, I admit but still a fantasy car) and down the line we'll get 2 Nissan GT-R GT3s which we've already got? Have I got that right? All for a 1GB download?

So we get a VGT BMW (ok, it's nice looking, I admit but still a fantasy car) and down the line we'll get 2 Nissan GT-R GT3s which we've already got? Have I got that right? All for a 1GB download?
One GT3, one GT Academy. There's also code for a new Mitsubishi VGT.

I don't know if it was already posted and if its allowed to post so remove it if its not allowed:
Edit: Already posted.

Last edited:
Hello there people,

I am having problems with my GT6 since 2 days ago, my problem is that the game never loads. For example, when I join a lobby where it has the music and the racing flag, about the time when the flag shows the circuit logo/name, the music stops and becomes silent, then I enter the lobby and I can hear mics and cars but when I join the course, it loads for a long time and wont go. So then I pressed my PS button and I exited out the portable desktop and it won't load back in the game. Then I turned it off and the PS3 made 3 beeping sounds really fast, when I turned it back on, I had to send a report or I don't have to and I was forced to restart it or like check the files. Then I heard about this update 1.07 and I updated it up to where the PS3 installs it, not in game. Unfortunately, I had to sleep so I turned it off AFTER I installed it from the PS3. The next day I opened it up, didn't have to install it again in the PS3 but not in game. It starts off by saying 140 minutes left or 150 minutes then it loads to about 10% and it says 40 minutes left and it stops loading from there and I had to restart my PS3 again and same thing happened. Can someone please help me with this problem? I rarely have anything installed on my PS3, its like brand new

Thank you

Slidewinder86

How do I "reinstall" the updates? and will it wipe out my cars and remove everything?
In the PS3 XMB, go to Game -> Game Data Utility and then delete the GT6 entry from there.

You *will* lose your saved replays and saved best-laps, contrary to what Andrew said.

But your game save resides in the Game -> Saved Data Utility and it should remain.

In the PS3 XMB, go to Game -> Game Data Utility and then delete the GT6 entry from there.

You *will* lose your saved replays and saved best-laps, contrary to what Andrew said.

But your game save resides in the Game -> Saved Data Utility and it should remain.

How long will this take? I'm very busy at times and I just want to get it done with asap lol

You should do it overnight, you know, deleting the game data, leave the ps3 downloading and installing updates, because it's going to take a considerable amount of time :P

Slightly off topic, but still has to do with updates. Is there a way to revert to a specific version, say changing it back to 1.03 to run the WRS qualifier, or would it update straight through to the latest version?

And that hidden GTR; that's the car that passed like fifteen opponents on the opening lap at Monza, right?

Slightly off topic, but still has to do with updates. Is there a way to revert to a specific version, say changing it back to 1.03 to run the WRS qualifier, or would it update straight through to the latest version?

And that hidden GTR; that's the car that passed like fifteen opponents on the opening lap at Monza, right?

Most likely the car that Lucas took to the top of the Championships last year for Blancpain Pro-Am.

We won't know for sure until we drive it, or see the specs, but I hope that the car is in proper GT3 specs. 600pp is a bit high for a GT3 car in my opinion, but unrestricted, I could see it.

I have a friend who is being convinced (brainwashed by me) to get on the Gran Turismo train.

If he was to buy GT6, would it be possible to go straight from Version 1.00 to 1.07 without doing all the other updates: 1.01,1.02 etc...?

I have a friend who is being convinced (brainwashed by me) to get on the Gran Turismo train.

If he was to buy GT6, would it be possible to go straight from Version 1.00 to 1.07 without doing all the other updates: 1.01,1.02 etc...?
No.

On a different angle, I notice that the right and left PS3s in my triple screen rig have made no attempt to instal the ninja which removed the Senna video. I'm assuming that the reason is something to do with them not logging on to PSN, since that seems to be the only difference.

They still play nicely with the center PS3 which has been ninja-updated.

It's not possible to delete just the updates.
I've never done it, and it's difficult to find out exactly what this does.
But in the options menu there is a 'Delete installed files' option.
Patches 1.01 through to 1.07 equals about 4GB.
It just so happens when I check using the option 'Determine size of installed files' it also equals about 4GB.

Just putting it out there. :)

I've never done it, and it's difficult to find out exactly what this does.
But in the options menu there is a 'Delete installed files' option.
Patches 1.01 through to 1.07 equals about 4GB.
It just so happens when I check using the option 'Determine size of installed files' it also equals about 4GB.

Just putting it out there. :)
I had no idea that type of option existed. 👍

I had no idea that type of option existed. 👍
I've seen it, read the description, and closed the menu. :D
It's in the Start button menu under Options > Game Data > Install Game Data.

I imagine any DLC like Anniversary cars would go as well.
Ghost and race replay videos etc. I'm not sure.

Or I might be on the wrong track completely. :P

No reverting to specific version is possible. Once update is running ,you'll get updated from 1.00 to 1.07 or any never version.

Actually , WRS qualifier requires you to have latest version (at the time of time trial) installed ,so 1.07 is a way to go at the moment :D

Back