Update 1.07

• Thread starter MatskiMonk
  • 384 comments
So, apparently the online pitstop tire bug has been fixed. Now consider this.

- It took them a LOT of time to fix this obviously very serious and hard bug
- Content additions so far have been very sparse, in contrast to what was hinted at
- It appears that this is changing at this very moment, with several pieces of content being added right now, and Senna around the corner

I do not think these occurrences are a coincidence. I think there really was at LEAST the pit stop bug, and possibly also the hacking issue, that's been stopping PD from going ahead with some of the content development as they had planned. But let's wait and see :)

Except there is no evidence they've been working on that bug or any other for months. They could have only started trying to fix it two weeks ago for all you know.

Plus fixing that bug isn't up to car or vehicle modelers, nor would it stop addition of things like course maker. B-Spec, possibly.

No need for sarcasm, I'm aware that some changes affected offline but none of those things you mention are hardly going to make me fire up the game and start playing it, are they? "Ooh, I've not played GT6 properly for months but now I've got new replay controls I'll be playing it for hours a day, they add so much to the game!" See, I can do sarcasm too.

I share your frustration. The offline mode of GT has been useless for many years and many versions. I really hoped this version of the game would offer something to do offline for those times when none of my friends were online. But I knew before it was even released that this wouldn't be the case, and sadly they've proven me right. The offline version of this game is far more useless than even GT5's was and that ain't going to change. Pole Position had a better offline mode than this game does. If you want a useable offline mode, probably best to find a used 360 and a copy of Forza.

I share your frustration. The offline mode of GT has been useless for many years and many versions. I really hoped this version of the game would offer something to do offline for those times when none of my friends were online. But I knew before it was even released that this wouldn't be the case, and sadly they've proven me right. The offline version of this game is far more useless than even GT5's was and that ain't going to change. Pole Position had a better offline mode than this game does. If you want a useable offline mode, probably best to find a used 360 and a copy of Forza.

I know, that's why I'm not playing GT6. I didn't even buy it, it was a Christmas gift. My original post was simply noting that this update adds nothing to change that. Nothing more, nothing less. :)

I know, that's why I'm not playing GT6. I didn't even buy it, it was a Christmas gift. My original post was simply noting that this update adds nothing to change that. Nothing more, nothing less. :)

If you didn't voluntarily purchase it then I retract my snarkiness. I can't imagine why anyone who has experience with this franchise would buy this game with the intent to play it offline, it's so utterly useless and that's not going to change. We've been chasing the same rabbits for nearly a decade and I refuse to chase them down again just because Kaz left their cage open.

If you didn't voluntarily purchase it then I retract my snarkiness. I can't imagine why anyone who has experience with this franchise would buy this game with the intent to play it offline, it's so utterly useless and that's not going to change. We've been chasing the same rabbits for nearly a decade and I refuse to chase them down again just because Kaz left their cage open.

Well no, as soon as I read offline was no improvement over GT5 it was a no buy for me but yeah, got it as a gift. Gave it a try, did a few events and gave some other things a try, put it down after that.

Except there is no evidence they've been working on that bug or any other for months. They could have only started trying to fix it two weeks ago for all you know.

Plus fixing that bug isn't up to car or vehicle modelers, nor would it stop addition of things like course maker. B-Spec, possibly.

You know very well they didn't just go and say 'oh hey we forgot that one, let's do it now', when they fix pretty much every other bug very quickly. Just look at the amount of hotfixes put out after every patch. If it was that simple, they would've fixed it LONG ago. It's something that affects a lot of things in the game.

And you're right, it does not directly interfere with the work of the content creators in PD. It *can* however, interfere with its implementation. I have argued before that the community features we were supposed to get could be heavily affected by the presence of such a bug and hacking tools, thus prompting PD to make sure those issues are solved before pressing ahead.

Hmm 900+mb for this not verry exciting update for me. Now where's the Senna time trial? I don't care about a videos want to play gt6. Also when will they release bspec mode.after getting platinum I've hardly touched this game.
The BMW video itself is pretty long and probably a few hundred MB. Add to that the senna videos, a car or three and there's your 1GB.

All I'm saying is you have no proof the following

It took them a LOT of time to fix this obviously very serious and hard bug

Is true. I didn't say they forgot about it and started on it recently, but there can be other reasons it was put on the backburner rather than it being very serious and/or hard to fix. Not deemed important, somehow unaware of it, put later in the queue of fixes etc. On the other hand you could be absolutely right, all I'm saying is you have no evidence and could be wrong.

Pd wont come out and say the pit stop bug was a major deal. Evidenced by a fix while not even mentioned. I believe it was a bug that took a bit to recognize a fix for. Hackers may have pushed back on PD as well. The Japanese are prideful people. But they are still people, and everyone makes mistakes. Unfortunately not everyone admits them or tries to fix them. Better late than never.

I've just spent three hours trying to install this new update. Feck this, I'll probably have to reinstall the game now. :mad:

DK
I've just spent three hours trying to install this new update. Feck this, I'll probably have to reinstall the game now. :mad:

Same here. I've never had a problem with updates before. Given up for the night.

@Severn I did 10 laps before pitstop and 10 after, still standing behind not fixed statement, just changed.
Seems no one is listening to you. I've seen you post that a dozen times but haven't seen any one acknowledge or agree with you.
PM jonnybravo or what's his face.

Seems no one is listening to you. I've seen you post that a dozen times but haven't seen any one acknowledge or agree with you.
PM jonnybravo or what's his face.
Like your signature, blahblah.. :)
Maybe someone someday test that also and understand what I told..

@Severn I did 10 laps before pitstop and 10 after, still standing behind not fixed statement, just changed.
Don't worry, I still have your post in mind, but I need confirmation from several sources. Might take a few days to figure out whether what actually happened with pitstops.

Does anyone have this issue that the game shows my button assignment on the down left corner of my screen, Example: Its constantly telling me that the R2 button is for shifting up, but im using a wheel and its supposed to be the R1. I don't know how to take it off because it just appeared after the update. .. Here's a picture of the problem, its constantly telling me that X is for accelerating, I know that!!!!

Attachments

• 1400120843111.jpg
    1400120843111.jpg
    951.6 KB · Views: 6
I just leave a comment in the PSBlog, and they actually answered me. It was... weird jaja.

My comment was this:

Finally. At least it’s something.
Really glad to see the adjustments in the lobby and all that.
You’re being really slow this time PD, but I still have a lot of faith in you. PLEASE, don’t disappoint your fans.
Now give us all of the other promised features, like the track editor (please BE a real track editor, let me judge FOR MYSELF if it’s too complicated. If you give again that excuse, that would be offensive) and give us back some endurance events in GT Career.

Besides that and some other details (like sound in so many cars sadly), I’m waiting for the Senna content :)

See you on track.

PS: It’d be nice to see some answer from time to time to the fans.

Their answer:

We’re right here :) Always listening. Senna content is less than two weeks away. Enjoy the BMW Vision GT for the time being

And some other comments:

1GB download for this and some open lobby features? really? then it installed for like 25 minutes. Really? 6 months and the game is still very bare bones. Totally disappointed in PD. I’d be very careful with your business practices from now on, you’ve fallen from that high pedestal for many of your long-faithful fans. GT6 is the proverbial quick cash-grab.

Their answer:

Unfortunately, game updates are never simple, especially when there are added game features within the update. The team is working hard to release more free content like Senna and additional features as they become available.

And this in particular was great:

Nice car from BMW.

But what about solo endurance races that last more than 24 minutes? We had full time enduro in GT5, why not in GT6? (Sick joke if you ask me.)

Their answer:

We hear you loud and clear. More info to come on this

Does anyone have this issue that the game shows my button assignment on the down left corner of my screen, Example: Its constantly telling me that the R2 button is for shifting up, but im using a wheel and its supposed to be the R1. I don't know how to take it off because it just appeared after the update. .. Here's a picture of the problem, its constantly telling me that X is for accelerating, I know that!!!!

While racing when you hit pause go to options there should be a setting referring to button navigation or something like that, turn it off.

I just leave a comment in the PSBlog, and they actually answered me. It was... weird jaja.

(snip the lengthy Q&A)
We might be making progress - they're acknowledging shortcomings now.
It took me 30 minutes all up, and it all depends on everyone internet speed because everyone is not on the same speed.
And drive speed/fragmentation. My install on a half-full 160 GB slim took about 20 minutes after download.

Is it possible to download this update onto a USB and then install from the USB?
Then I could DL from work

If so - where can I get the DL from ?

Back