Update 1.070.000 is live (Patchnotes inside)

• Thread starter Rivanov
  • 511 comments
Not trying to be overly hyperbolic but I wouldn't put it past PD to remove the ability to earn credits completely in the next patch. I'm not an angry cry baby, I'll be mad for a bit tonight and then I'll make dinner and play some Elden Ring and more than likely forget about GT7 for a while. It just hurts seeing the game franchise I've adored for 25 dang years treat me not as an appreciated fan, but nothing more than a wallet to extract more and more money from.. 🙁
you honestly think they'll remove the ability to earn credits? lol

I get that people don't want to grind for cars but that is a bit much don't you think

you honestly think they'll remove the ability to earn credits? lol

I get that people don't want to grind for cars but that is a bit much don't you think
No people don't wanna play the same races 1000 times to earn a single car. Progression in this game is almost half as fast as the previous game. I don't get how people like you are so dumb that you will let a company rip you off and then defend them after.
This isn't Gran Turismo its Scam Turismo.

This aged well, lol. No offence to you personally Benny, it's good to be optimistic.
What? I don't think anything I said aged poorly. If you are referring to the rewards they nerfed, that's not what I was talking about. I knew they lowered them on the grindy races. I was talking about future updates, like seasonal events. They were what finally allowed us to make some serious money in GT5...or GT6. One of those.

No people don't wanna play the same races 1000 times to earn a single car. Progression in this game is almost half as fast as the previous game. I don't get how people like you are so dumb that you will let a company rip you off and then defend them after.
This isn't Gran Turismo its Scam Turismo.
Attack the point being made, not the person making it.

im going to take the high road here. Again, the grind is a bit much but does anyone honestly believe they will take away our ability to earn credits by playing the game? I highly doubt that
I don't believe they will remove the ability to earn credits, that's just hyperbole. I do believe they will always reduce the amount of credits earned if they can identify a trend, such as we saw and are now nurfed. I actually feel pressure and a level of stress when I get an invite to buy, with an expiry date, and don't have the credits. Especially when it's a car I genuinely want, such as the AM Vulcan. If they reduce the credit availability and / or the expiration of the invites / Legendary stocks, it will make people seriously consider dropping real cash for credits or simply do without and lose interest. 25 years... I'm really disappointed and feel somewhat betrayed.

I am sure that if they had not put the possibility to buy credit on the PSN people would not have been angry like this, but by putting this they have shown that they want to lead you to spend real money to buy cars on a product that by the way I have already paid € 100, I can also accept the few rewards at the end of the races, but I don't want to see microtransactions within a game costing € 100, I can only accept it on a free to play.
By doing so they are antagonizing their fanbase, in the long run they will end up paying dearly for it

90% of the New cars added to the franchise or remodelled from old gt games are very expensive. Now we know why, because these potentially will give PD extra income from mtx.

2022 accord or 2022 camry that cost 50 000 CR would be to easy to buy without mtx.

And they will lie to us, that some old 10 000 000 CR car was significant for car culture and that's the reason why it is in game.

The truth is, that the cost of implementing an accord or an old car is the same. And The cost is big at that level of detail. So they need to choose wisely, which car should appear in game.

So, expect to see more legendary, useless cars in upcoming dlcs.

The game as it is, is grindy and hopefully they'll fix that.
So let me get this right. They just made the game even more grindy with the patch today, something they didn't need to do given that it was already very grindy, yet you're somehow hopeful that in future updates they'll make it less grindy?

There's optimistic and then there's....whatever this is.

So let me get this right. They just made the game even more grindy with the patch today, something they didn't need to do given that it was already very grindy, yet you're somehow hopeful that in future updates they'll make it less grindy?

There's optimistic and then there's....whatever this is.
Just going by past GTs Samus, that's all. Not out of the question. I said I was hopeful, not sure. You should try optimism sometime, it makes your day better

Just going by past GTs Samus, that's all. Not out of the question. I said I was hopeful, not sure. You should try optimism sometime, it makes your day better
Why go by past GTs when we've got evidence of what they're doing in THIS GT game?

They've signalled their intent with their actions today. They even nerfed 15,000 credit races to 10,000, because clearly 15,000 was just too generous.

Why? Give me one logical reason they've done that and how it ties into your hope that future updates will do the exact opposite?

Why go by past GTs when we've got evidence of what they're doing in THIS GT game?

They've signalled their intent with their actions today. They even nerfed 15,000 credit races to 10,000, because clearly 15,000 was just too generous.

Why? Give me one logical reason they've done that and how it ties into your hope that future updates will do the exact opposite?
Some people will just eat anything PD throws their way, it's very clear after today. No way to reason with these people because they're in straight up denial.

I'm sorry, next time I'll try and be like you and just be negative about everything GT. I've voiced my criticism; that doesn't mean I have to go without hoping the payouts will improve

What? I don't think anything I said aged poorly. If you are referring to the rewards they nerfed, that's not what I was talking about. I knew they lowered them on the grindy races. I was talking about future updates, like seasonal events. They were what finally allowed us to make some serious money in GT5...or GT6. One of those.
Ah ok, sorry. I misread it as a comment on what the patch might bring. My bad.

Ah ok, sorry. I misread it as a comment on what the patch might bring. My bad.
No worries, I'm pretty irritated with them right now. I'll wait for some new events and enjoy racing with my friends in the meantime. The racing is just so good, they have everything there for this to be the best game they've ever made with tweaks to small things. It's frustrating

I'm sorry, next time I'll try and be like you and just be negative about everything GT. I've voiced my criticism; that doesn't mean I have to go without hoping the payouts will improve
You didn't answer my question. I'm not surprised.

floodwaters are rising, the water isn't stopping

"Well, hopefully the floodwaters will go down soon"

Last edited:
You didn't answer my question. I'm not surprised.

floodwaters are rising, the water isn't stopping

"Well, hopefully the floodwaters will go down soon"
The answer is there in my original comment you took a piece of and tried to make it sound like I was being overly optimistic. They've done it in the past, so there's a little bit of trust they can do it again. That's a pretty logical reason, I think.

It's unbelievable a couple of you are actually coming at me for hoping they'll improve payouts on added events (again, like they've done before).

@JoaoSilva I'm not "eating everything PD throws my way". I was criticising them for what they're doing to payouts. Just because I don't absolutely hate a company doesn't mean I agree with everything either

The answer is there in my original comment you took a piece of and tried to make it sound like I was being overly optimistic. They've done it in the past, so there's a little bit of trust they can do it again. That's a pretty logical reason, I think.

It's unbelievable a couple of you are actually coming at me for hoping they'll improve payouts on added events (again, like they've done before).

@JoaoSilva I'm not "eating everything PD throws my way". I was criticising them for what they're doing to payouts. Just because I don't absolutely hate a company doesn't mean I agree with everything either
This was my question

You haven't answered that one, like I say, explain why you think they've done that and how it ties into the idea they'll suddenly do the opposite in future.

This was my question

You haven't answered that one, like I say, explain why you think they've done that and how it ties into the idea they'll suddenly do the opposite in future.
Explain why they lowered the payouts in this game? I don't know. I mean, it was for mostly pointless races like fisherman's ranch. I'd never use that anyway, nor should anyone trying to enjoy the game.

I just don't get why you have such an issue with someone HOPING they add events like they did in the last two mainline GT games. Events that netted the player a lot higher payouts.

I mean, I am still enjoying the game very much (minus this interruption). The driving feels and sounds so good, and racing with friends is an absolute blast. Do you not enjoy any aspects of the game?

Explain why they lowered the payouts in this game? I don't know. I mean, it was for mostly pointless races like fisherman's ranch. I'd never use that anyway, nor should anyone trying to enjoy the game.

I just don't get why you have such an issue with someone HOPING they add events like they did in the last two mainline GT games. Events that netted the player a lot higher payouts.

I mean, I am still enjoying the game very much (minus this interruption). The driving feels and sounds so good, and racing with friends is an absolute blast. Do you not enjoy any aspects of the game?
Except it wasn't just Fishermans Ranch.

inbound8892472161914497087-jpg.1125622

You can't think of a valid reason for reducing all the others, can you? There is only one, isn't there? It's because they don't want players to earn so many credits, isn't it?

I've no problem with you hoping for whatever you want, I just don't get why you'd see PD doing one thing and hope for them to do the opposite. They've set out their stall, unless player backlash forces them to change it.

They added seasonals in the past because they realised that their economy was overly grindy and that was their solution. It wasn't great, but it was something and it was appreciated.

They won't be doing that this time because the game released with the solution already in place. Microtransactions. You won't get high paying seasonals because that would undercut their microtransactions.

The only way it will happen is if there's enough blowback to this relentless microtransaction push that they pull it entirely and have to patch up the economy with something that isn't MTs. Seeing the amount of people who are absolutely fine with the state of MTs in the game at the moment, I doubt that will happen any time soon.

Back