Update 1.070.000 is live (Patchnotes inside)

• Thread starter Rivanov
  • 511 comments
They added seasonals in the past because they realised that their economy was overly grindy and that was their solution. It wasn't great, but it was something and it was appreciated.

They won't be doing that this time because the game released with the solution already in place. Microtransactions. You won't get high paying seasonals because that would undercut their microtransactions.

The only way it will happen is if there's enough blowback to this relentless microtransaction push that they pull it entirely and have to patch up the economy with something that isn't MTs. Seeing the amount of people who are absolutely fine with the state of MTs in the game at the moment, I doubt that will happen any time soon.
Bringing back the 200% log-in bonus would be a good start.

Edit: On a side note about microtransactions, they don't bother me at all as long as I can still reasonably progress with my tuning and car collecting.

Last edited:
Seeing the amount of people who are absolutely fine with the state of MTs in the game at the moment, I doubt that will happen any time soon.
So far I've heard of two or three people who happily dished out money. Just because people don't cry about it 24/7 doesn't mean they approve of it but actually they simply don't care.

Last edited:
They added seasonals in the past because they realised that their economy was overly grindy and that was their solution. It wasn't great, but it was something and it was appreciated.

They won't be doing that this time because the game released with the solution already in place. Microtransactions. You won't get high paying seasonals because that would undercut their microtransactions.

The only way it will happen is if there's enough blowback to this relentless microtransaction push that they pull it entirely and have to patch up the economy with something that isn't MTs. Seeing the amount of people who are absolutely fine with the state of MTs in the game at the moment, I doubt that will happen any time soon.
There were also microtransactions in GT6.....and they added seasonal. Maybe they won't, but ya never know. They're getting a lot of pushback, which may force them to. Hopefully (don't tell Samus I hoped)

Except it wasn't just Fishermans Ranch.

inbound8892472161914497087-jpg.1125622

You can't think of a valid reason for reducing all the others, can you? There is only one, isn't there? It's because they don't want players to earn so many credits, isn't it?

I've no problem with you hoping for whatever you want, I just don't get why you'd see PD doing one thing and hope for them to do the opposite. They've set out their stall, unless player backlash forces them to change it.
I specifically said I don't know, so you weren't exactly coming up with a brilliant accusation there. And you have avoided my question as you have avoided it elsewhere on this site - what do you personally think of the actual driving? Do you enjoy it? I suspect, despite being their biggest critic pre launch AND post launch, you've also not played the game. One would think that if someone was this upset about it, they would be upset because they've spent their money on something that was released in a less than satisfactory condition

There were also microtransactions in GT6.....and they added seasonal. Maybe they won't, but ya never know. They're getting a lot of pushback, which may force them to. Hopefully (don't tell Samus I hoped)

I specifically said I don't know, so you weren't exactly coming up with a brilliant accusation there. And you have avoided my question as you have avoided it elsewhere on this site - what do you personally think of the actual driving? Do you enjoy it? I suspect, despite being their biggest critic pre launch AND post launch, you've also not played the game. One would think that if someone was this upset about it, they would be upset because they've spent their money on something that was released in a less than satisfactory condition
It wasn't an accusation, I already knew you couldn't think of a logical reason for it as I'm sure deep down you know why they did it, and it wasn't for a positive reason.

I've already said several times across the forum I haven't bought the game yet, I've not hidden that. I can still be upset about the situation a game franchise I use to love so much has found itself in in 2022. I won't be buying it at all if it remains like this, but if my and other peoples backlash makes them change their mind then we all win.

Just sitting and hoping for them to do a 180 is less likely to work.

It wasn't an accusation, I already knew you couldn't think of a logical reason for it as I'm sure deep down you know why they did it, and it wasn't for a positive reason.

I've already said several times across the forum I haven't bought the game yet, I've not hidden that. I can still be upset about the situation a game franchise I use to love so much has found itself in in 2022. I won't be buying it at all if it remains like this, but if my and other peoples backlash makes them change their mind then we all win.

Just sitting and hoping for them to do a 180 is less likely to work.
So.....should I rise up against the man? I'm still not sure what your point is. I'm not a programmer; I don't work for PD. I'm not sure what action I'm supposed to take. Other than what I've already done. Should I not enjoy what the game does do well?

So far I've heard of two or three people who happily dished out money. Just because people don't cry about it 24/7 doesn't mean they approve of it but actually they simply don't care.
Not caring is enough for Polyphony. If they have people buying them and everyone else sits quietly and ignores what's going on, that's exactly what they wanted.

The only way they change their mind in the short term is if their brand is being damaged enough by the vocal backlash to warrant it. For reference, see Battlefield II. Otherwise we wait for GT8 and hope that few enough people bought the MTs that Polyphony decides that it's not worth trying again - but probably not because free money is free money.

This is not to say that everyone has to be out there decrying the game. If that makes you uncomfortable, don't. You also shouldn't stop enjoying the parts of the game that are good, because there's honestly a pretty good framework for a racing game under all the weird ******** that Polyphony have layered on top.

But if we want to see that framework become the best it can be, unencumbered by microtransactions, time gating and arbitrary grinding, then the Gran Turismo brand needs to start seeing some pushback. Polyphony will interpret people not saying anything as if they are happy with the game.

Except it wasn't just Fishermans Ranch.

inbound8892472161914497087-jpg.1125622

You can't think of a valid reason for reducing all the others, can you? There is only one, isn't there? It's because they don't want players to earn so many credits, isn't it?

I've no problem with you hoping for whatever you want, I just don't get why you'd see PD doing one thing and hope for them to do the opposite. They've set out their stall, unless player backlash forces them to change it.
Is this actually the new credit rewards? If thats what this game then I am switching to Forza. Luckily I got a PC aswell so I have the choice of playing both games. Those of you who only have PlayStation I would personally be switching back to GT Sport until this steaming garbage is fixed. The fact we can't even play the single player right now is just a joke in itself. The company I once actually liked has turned into another company I despise and won't ever consider purchasing from again unless they redeem themselves by stopping this Scam Turismo trend they got going on.
Roll on Forza Motorsport 8! Hopefully that ain't a scam pit of s*** aswell. If it is then I am all out of good racing games.

Not caring is enough for Polyphony. If they have people buying them and everyone else sits quietly and ignores what's going on, that's exactly what they wanted.

The only way they change their mind in the short term is if their brand is being damaged enough by the vocal backlash to warrant it. For reference, see Battlefield II. Otherwise we wait for GT8 and hope that few enough people bought the MTs that Polyphony decides that it's not worth trying again - but probably not because free money is free money.

This is not to say that everyone has to be out there decrying the game. If that makes you uncomfortable, don't. You also shouldn't stop enjoying the parts of the game that are good, because there's honestly a pretty good framework for a racing game under all the weird ******** that Polyphony have layered on top.

But if we want to see that framework become the best it can be, unencumbered by microtransactions, time gating and arbitrary grinding, then the Gran Turismo brand needs to start seeing some pushback. Polyphony will interpret people not saying anything as if they are happy with the game.
I think that's partially directed my way, considering we've been talking about it. And I am disappointed, and agree with what you're saying. You've pointed out some positives. MTX are unacceptable to me, in any game and I will NEVER buy them. The only time I've bought something like that is if it were a purely cosmetic thing that affected nothing in game other than what my character looked like, or pet, or vehicle (in a non-racing game!).

I hope there are very very few people actually spending money on MTX in GT7. Not a lot buying combined with a LOT upset at it, should equal change

Holy moly. I just woke up and it's still not working?! I can't believe it.

Part of this came from being able to sell vehicles, with certain events being more lucrative due to the repeat rewards of pricey prize vehicles. This feature is not present in either GT Sport or GT7 — even though the official PlayStation Store page for GT7 implies that it is.
Isn't that a reason to get a refund? :lol:

Its the 'radio silence' that's really bothering me about this whole extended downtime.

You'd think by now for it having been so long, they would've had SOMEONE come out and say "Hey look, this is the situation we're in right now, we're incredibly sorry for such an extended downtime, we hope to have it back up by (insert time here)" or atleast say that they're working on it. The extended maintenance message originally was posted prior to it going back down again.

Is anyone home at PD? Anyone out there?

Have they added a extra 5000cr to the roulette wheel spinner yet or are they waiting for patch 1.8 to do that I wonder 🤔
Maybe a 500cr even just to spice it up .

Oh I know !!! What about a boobie prize on the roulette wheel like a house numbers in a cassino where it takes a car or crate engine you already previously won off you !!!!

Yes come on polyphonic

Oh I know !!! What about a boobie prize on the roulette wheel like a house numbers in a cassino where it takes a car or crate engine you already previously won off you !!!!
What about a boobie prize where you get a female driver model? I mean, Rule 30 (There are no girls on the internets) which obviously includes all gaming but we can roleplay, right?
Person buys driving game then complains they need to do more driving.
Person buys driving game then complains that the driving isn't fun. Silly person. Games aren't fun. Games are serious business. Sit yo butt down and work harder for your scraps, peasant.

What about a boobie prize where you get a female driver model? I mean, Rule 30 (There are no girls on the internets) which obviously includes all gaming but we can roleplay, right?

Person buys driving game then complains that the driving isn't fun. Silly person. Games aren't fun. Games are serious business. Sit yo butt down and work harder for your scraps, peasant.
Yes boss, Sorry boss.

90% of the New cars added to the franchise or remodelled from old gt games are very expensive. Now we know why, because these potentially will give PD extra income from mtx.

2022 accord or 2022 camry that cost 50 000 CR would be to easy to buy without mtx.

And they will lie to us, that some old 10 000 000 CR car was significant for car culture and that's the reason why it is in game.

The truth is, that the cost of implementing an accord or an old car is the same. And The cost is big at that level of detail. So they need to choose wisely, which car should appear in game.

So, expect to see more legendary, useless cars in upcoming dlcs.
Very well said. I'm already looking forward to next DLC update, but - as you express it very well - for usefull payable (with reasonable amounts of credits) cars, not for 3-up Million cars which are useless for 90% of the players.

Useless because we are already unable to buy most of present 3-up million cars, so no need to add more via DLC.

Very well said. I'm already looking forward to next DLC update, but - as you express it very well - for usefull payable (with reasonable amounts of credits) cars, not for 3-up Million cars which are useless for 90% of the players.

Useless because we are already unable to buy most of present 3-up million cars, so no need to add more via DLC.
What's that you say? You want a 1931 Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Zagato? Sure thing, buddy! That'll be Cr. 14,000,000. What do you mean you don't have the real-world time to grind for that? No problem, that'll be $140USD in MTX. Come on, you know you want it!

That's not your style, oh dang. I mean, we were going to release that one guy's souped up EG Civic and sell it in-game for Cr. 100,000. But, we haven't quite finished modeling it, so yeah. In the meantime, you can buy the 1969 Ferrari 512 S Berlinetta for only Cr. 4,000,000. That's like $40USD, surely you can go without groceries for a week, or maybe don't fill up your real car's gas tank so you can drive this unique work of motoring art in our virtual environment. You love us, no? We've been there for you for over 25 years! You can't live without us!

Is it me from the arcade thing it lets you play with the servers down, or the RWD car physics are back to GT sport parameters?

Not just a touch to the issue of on/off switch with rear tire grip, but for what I experienced with the Alpine A110, without driving aids, you really have to throw the car around full throttle to loose the rear. Fixed it "too much"?!?

Don't know if it is from this "race mode", the Music Rally Porsche 356 was the same thing when I started up the game the first time, so maybe this stuff has a very user friendly physics model, different from the rest of the game.

Last edited:
Are you serious? Have you not seen the litany of posts actually being okay with the grind as long as it doesn't force you to spend real cash on MTX or that the grind isn't a literal chore?
Noo, if you don't like grinding 1,500 hours to get all the cars you just hate driving, clearly.

By the way, that 1,500 estimate is assuming you only race the Nordschleife or other ~60k/hr paying custom races. There's plenty that pay half as well, so you can even average this number out to around 2,250 hours. It also ignores the cost of upgrade parts, and the cars we don't know the values of :)

Noo, if you don't like grinding 1,500 hours to get all the cars you just hate driving, clearly.

By the way, that 1,500 estimate is assuming you only race the Nordschleife or other ~60k/hr paying custom races. There's plenty that pay half as well, so you can even average this number out to around 2,250 hours. It also ignores the cost of upgrade parts, and the cars we don't know the values of :)
Well that seems excessive. I don't remember previous GT games being this rancid with their grinds.

Before I knew of the Fisherman's Ranch event being the fastest cash grab, I was doing custom races at LeMans.

10 laps against Gr.1 or Gr.3 opponents.
20-car grid, starting from 20th place.
Professional difficulty, no boost.

Payout was about 165-175k, and with a clean race that goes up to about Cr. 250,000 for about 20 minutes or so.

It was pretty easy using the 917 Living Legend and more fun IMO than the Rally event.

After this update, races will average to about 6k/min or 10k/min if clean, which lines up how custom races already were.

Edit:. If you managed to have a Tomahawk or Chaparral VGT, you could easily cut that race time well below 20 minutes.

Last edited:
Pd must give 1M credits everyday to those "gamers" that bought a driving game and don't want to drive..
PD should remove all of the races except for Fisherman's Ranch and reduce the payouts again for those "gamers" that bought a game and think that repeating the same race over and over only to get pathetic rewards is not only fun to them, but also the way everyone should have "fun".

Back