Update 1.09 what did it bring?

• Thread starter GEO_2009
  • 254 comments
I've tried to solo through the wall in La Sarthe 24 hours endurance A'spec in a Veyron after 1.09 update, but no luck so far.

Does anyone know a better car to wallbreak with?

Or a better spot, than the one at the end of the long straight?

Thanks in advance.

♥ ♥ ♥

Last edited:
There were no mid-race save features in GT1, 2 or 4 endurances, and I still managed to complete them. Grow a backbone, brats.. And it's easy to pull off a race like this over a weekend. I've had my PS3 on since I bought it, practically, and no problems yet..

There were no mid-race save features in GT1, 2 or 4 endurances, and I still managed to complete them. Grow a backbone, brats.. And it's easy to pull off a race like this over a weekend. I've had my PS3 on since I bought it, practically, and no problems yet..

Wouldn't a save = pausing? Albeit with just the PS3 off and a cheaper electricity bill?

I pushed a X2010 RedBull through 2 different spots on La Sarthe today.

Problem is to find a path from there to startline.

1. End of long straight.

2. A bit before Startline there is a fast right turn, if you go straight out in that turn, wall is soft, tarmac all the way to the wall (left side of sandtrap).

♥ ♥ ♥

Last edited:
is it really so necessary to glitch that you're willing to smash cars into the walls around an entire track to find them? sometimes I wish damage was real.. heh

Except that:

1) The endurance races in GT 1-3 were actually reasonable.

2) In GT4, you could just have Bob do the whole thing for you, speed up time, and a 24H race would only just take 8 hours.

But bottom line is, Kaz said saves for endurances are coming, making everything you say invalid regarding this.

is it really so necessary to glitch that you're willing to smash cars into the walls around an entire track to find them?

YES! I have never glitched in any previous GT game, and I don't wish to glitch in this one either.

But to get my collection of 4000+ cars (1160 atm) i need to glitch. The tool we had at launch that made collecting possible without wallbreaking was taken from us, this is all that is left to do (impossible with normal gameplay).

And no i won't settle for a lesser car collection than i have planned for 6+ years now (if we get the duping tools back, I go for 6000 cars instead of current goal of 4000).

♥ ♥ ♥

I just wish more people would support the collectors/glitchers, so they don't patch the only chance we have to make our beautiful art.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the glitchers glitch to earn money to buy cars they'd have to grind Indy 400 times to own because of the lackluster credit payouts from races and because the glitches were left in rather then bug checked...I never tried glitching but after the trade ban and grinding just to buy a stupidly overpriced car to take part in a friends championship im wishing I had!

Thats why the updates are wasted on these fixes not the glitchers

arora
If they bothered to de bug the game in the 5 year plan it would not be an issue.

By debug you dont mean taking a thousand separate cars, in locally hosted multiplayer, and getting everyone driving round EVERY track witg EVERY car trying to leave the track at EVERY spot where walls join... That wouldve taken five years all by itself, just to be sure.
But im glad that with all the things still happening All Over Japans south island, that they find time to deal with this sort of thing... Im watching the game play my music to Its demo replays atm, and the only issue with the entire game i have (that even might be fixable) is the way that the quality of shadows appears to change depending on how close you are to the car... close up theyre fine, but they change...
I hope they keep on improving the game as they are. Especially as theyve already proved that we can get new content ove the patches. But someone commented on the news section claiming to know of a third similar track exiting glitch... so i think i know whats coming in 1.10, regardless of what pd wanted us to have. I HATE YOU: PEOPLE WHO FIND THESE GLITCHES!!!
Edit: i find it amusing that every tiny physics and graphics flaw in the game creates instant rage in a lot of people. Standard cars. Engine sounds. Vtec. Trackside things... yet then the biggest flaw of both comes along; driving through an airy space on an invisible road under a track on what would be in real life lots of soil and concrete. Wgen it gets removed, peolple get annoyed... i think getting more realism is good.

And isnt a good game one that doesnt have glitches?

Last edited:
To all those talking about unearthing new glitches, take it elsewhere. This thread was about patch 1.09, not 'where the next glitch may be".

Last warning about offtopic posts before the padlock goes on and the Warnings drawer gets opened.

Last edited:
And isnt a good game one that doesnt have glitches?

No, a good game is because of good content. If GT5 had good content, there be few to none glitchers at all.

Glitches or glitching players don't break a game, but lack of content does.

Long post.

Well I hate to brake it to you but it's not nearly as hard as you think to find ways out of the track, in fact it's very easy. I've found quite a few just goofing off. If PD is only going to fix one at a time as people exploit them, all future upates will be nothing more then a glitch patch.

Something this wrong with the game should have been adressed before release imo.

Kaz did say roughly, if the fans want a new track we can make it, so why not a new track in next patch?

Wouldn't a save = pausing? Albeit with just the PS3 off and a cheaper electricity bill?
?

Granted, there were no saves, but you could share the driving with Bob...

Last edited by a moderator:
I still believe we should have standard cars to premium, more tracks and more content.

Do you hear us PD? Have you been listening at all?

Who needs to give you a definition for "patch"? The same person should explain you the difference between patches and dlc!

I am sorry, since i don't speak english i am trying my best. ♥

Crooooooow
But, the earthquake and the tsunami did not reach Tokyo's perimeters.

That still doesn't change the fact, they got hit by an earthquake, tsunami, and a nuclear disaster.

Player7996
Look at Shift 2 those DLC's are obviously left over content they didn't put into the game. Most DLC's are released after about 2 months.

And then you have to fork out 1/6 game worth, for a few extra cars, that should of been there in the first place, EA=Take all your money.

Player7996
Ya I just don't get it 5 YEARS and this is it?

What do you mean this is it?? I can easily see, how you fail to see why they spent 5 years. If you dislike GT5 so much, stop trolling, and go play shift 2. I've heard all your negativity before.

Sorry for spamming, but i don't know how to triple quote on the ipad.

well i updated mine with 1.09 and doesn't seem to be much to crow about. and doing the endurance races don't need to have save points in game. i do 24hr and leeave ps3 going from 7.00pm till 7.00pm next day. i got my pc to keep upto date with stuff so no worries with that as well downloading too !!!!!

Back