Update 1.10 Discussion

• Thread starter GTPorsche
  • 893 comments
The relatively large size for the published features could be the sign of a prep patch for slated upcoming features, such as the course editor and car club stuff ( hopefully ) otherwise it can be another round of BS, I'm starting to doubt the term "The Real Driving Simulator" because it feels like they are just guessing back and forth about how a car handles ( ie. F1 cars in this patch )

Not sure if someone reported about this, but I've just noticed that in the fuel gauge, there's a little display that instantly shows if you're charging or discharging your battery. Similar to what we've seen in GT5, this can be seen when driving electric cars and hybrids like the new Nissan Concept 2020.

The relatively large size for the published features could be the sign of a prep patch for slated upcoming features, such as the course editor and car club stuff ( hopefully ) otherwise it can be another round of BS, I'm starting to doubt the term "The Real Driving Simulator" because it feels like they are just guessing back and forth about how a car handles ( ie. F1 cars in this patch )

You mentioned car clubs(and with it the previously mentioned online features), and if there was something added in this update, it may messed up how the current online features work thus explaining why there are no servers listed when you get online.💡

It's a crazy theory, but then again I may be right.

You mentioned car clubs(and with it the previously mentioned online features), and if there was something added in this update it messed up how the current online features work thus explaining why there are no servers listed when you get online.💡

It's a crazy theory, but then again I may be right.
Nope. It's large because it added a new track to the game and a special event, both hidden.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122599108&postcount=7300

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122606107&postcount=7308

Not sure if someone reported about this, but I've just noticed that in the fuel gauge, there's a little display that instantly shows if you're charging or discharging your battery. Similar to what we've seen in GT5, this can be seen when driving electric cars and hybrids like the new Nissan Concept 2020.
It's been mentioned 👍

Nope. It's large because it added a new track to the game and a special event, both hidden.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122599108&postcount=7300

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122606107&postcount=7308

I know about those, however they shouldn't have to do anything with the online portion aside form adding the new track to the list of tracks to choose from online. I imagine that the code for online features would be a lot smaller than the code for a track or the videos that come with the VGTs.

I know about those, however they shouldn't have to do anything with the online portion aside form adding the new track to the list of tracks to choose from online. I imagine that the code for online features would be a lot smaller than the code for a track or the videos that come with the VGTs.
I don't know. PD has only hidden tracks, cars and events in the game so far, and it has happened before that stuff can glitch in updates without any updating related to it. Then again, that might all be caused by updates we don't know about.

Either way I don't see it changing much. In both cases they're still working on it.

Is anybody else having problems seeing public online rooms and friends only rooms will not let you refresh either just wondering if im the only one

Love how a simple number editor brought out such creativity, shows how big a Livery Editor will be.
I think this is what the livery editor would be like. This, and options to add stripes (as seen on the Miatas), and other stuff like that. Not complete freedom, but similair to pre-Carbon Need for Speed customization.

Love how a simple number editor brought out such creativity, shows how big a Livery Editor will be.

It's great that they are keeping to their word about more customization. While we don't have a full livery editor yet, each of these little features is just another step towards it! Maybe with the next update we'll be able to change the color of stripes on cars that have them. Perhaps they'll add in predetermined stripes that we can put on cars that don't have them, in the same way that we have the ability to change the shape of the number decals.

I think this is what the livery editor would be like. This, and options to add stripes (as seen on the Miatas), and other stuff like that. Not complete freedom, but similair to pre-Carbon Need for Speed customization.
It's great that they are keeping to their word about more customization. While we don't have a full livery editor yet, each of these little features is just another step towards it! Maybe with the next update we'll be able to change the color of stripes on cars that have them. Perhaps they'll add in predetermined stripes that we can put on cars that don't have them, in the same way that we have the ability to change the shape of the number decals.

Would love those with GT6, but with GT7 I want the whole nine yards

The Aryton Senna tribute came in a patch a few weeks before it was activated,also notice how GT academy features are updated without patches ? they are all preloaded and activated in due time, any development company worth their salt pre plans all their releases way ahead of time. So i'm optimistically expecting "new" changes in the month of August for GT

Now this is one good looking go fast buggy.

Gemasolar.jpg

My lobbylist is working again. didnt do anything, not even restart game.

Edit, and found a car that cant have the brake calipers painted. The Camaro IROC-Z Concept.
But it can be painted now? think iv seen some mention it couldnt be painted before?

Last edited:
This update was way too big for just the items listed. There are a bunch of ninja edits I'm sure.
But I agree that a track or tracks have been added with their display bit set to off.
Could even be more cars added as well. We have to wait and see.

As for on-line, I initially had issues then things started working. I just left the on-line lobby and re-entered.
It might be better to quit the game and reboot the PS3 and then try again.

I wonder why no numbers on standard, after all ir's just a matter of laying out where the door is...

There must be a reason for that i can't figure out.

The models may not all be set up for multiple layers of texture. ...dunno

On another note, I am going to have fun trolling the guys who say number plates = race cars :)

Back