Update 1.10 Thread! (Check 1st post for Update Details)

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 960 comments

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
The following taken from this official update post in the PlayStation Community

Hey everyone!

Great news on the Gran Turismo 5 front. There is now a patch available that is absolutely packed full of new features as well as addressing a few issues that some of you reported.

Here are the full details of the update:

Racing Gear Items

* New racing gear items consisting of helmets and suits have been implemented. These can be used by players in A-Spec, or for any of the "My Drivers" in B-Spec.
* There are plenty of variations to the racing gear items and, in addition to several sets being given out as presents when you start GT Mode, players will be able to win new ones when successful in online events. Players can also take a photo of their drivers wearing their favourite gear, and use that custom photo for a driver profile.
* For more details, please refer to "Racing Gear" under Top Menu - [Manual] - [GT Mode].

Special Online Event Campaign

* For a limited time, all event prizes will be tripled, and all cars appearing in the Online Collector's Dealership will be brand new (0 mileage) and at half price.

Prizes for online events

* GT5 will now offer online events in which players can win Racing Gear items and cars as prizes, according to performance. The content of the prizes and the conditions for winning them will vary per event.
* Details of the various events are found in [GT Life] - [Online Events].

Parts purchases through the Settings screen

* In the Settings screen, parts that players have not yet purchased will now have a shopping cart icon appearing next to them. These can now be purchase on the spot. Purchased parts will immediately be equipped on their car.
* For details, refer to Top Menu - [Manual] - [GT Life] - [Settings]

Improved Opponent AI Algorithm

* The search range of opponent AI has been expanded and their intelligence algorithm has been improved.

Interrupting and resuming Championship races

* In the championship races of A-Spec and B-Spec modes within [GT Life], there is now an interrupt button in the quick menu which appears after completing individual races.
* If the interrupt button is pressed, the event will be interrupted and a player’s record up to that point will be saved, and the game will end. The next time the player starts the game, they can continue the championship race from where they left off.

Additional music track

* After playback of the ending movie (*short version), "Day To Live/daiki kasho" will be added as a bonus music track.

Other Changes

* Check the physical endurance of drivers that are resting in the B-Spec endurance races.
* Sort the garage by [Last Car Driven]
* In [Weight Adjustment] of [Settings], players can now see changes in the front to rear weight balance when the ballast position is changed.
* The A-Spec driver is now displayed in the profile screen.
* In the pit menu of B-Spec, the time limit for being able to direct pit work has been changed from reaching "0" in the count down, to "Until the car comes to a complete stop".
* The sorting order of the music album has been improved.
* When selecting a track created in Course Maker from the course album of Arcade Mode or GT Mode, players can now run single races with up to 16 cars. (Excluding some tracks such as those made before the update, and dirt tracks.)
* It is now possible to take 3D photographs even without connecting a 3D compatible TV.
* It is now possible to export 3D photographs to [Photo] on the XMB™.

Correction of Known Issues

* PDI has addressed the issue of the maximum speed set in the transmission settings of the settings menu differing from the actual top speed of the car. This will affect cars equipped with the relevant transmission tuning part, and almost all racing cars. Cars for which each gear ratio was adjusted manually with a full customised transmission in update versions 1.07 and earlier will not be affected.
* An issue with the increase and decrease of the online logon bonus has been corrected.
* An issue where the player's car and opponents’ cars braked at the wrong timings in the pit lane during B-Spec has been corrected.
* A problem where racing sound effects were turned off after changing settings in the quick menu has been corrected.
* An issue of how dirty the oil is when players purchase a used car not being affected by the car's mileage has been corrected.
* An issue where some of the driver gear colours had changed after the 1.06 update has been corrected.
* An issue in the championships of GT Life where opponent cars kept using the same tyres in the second race and onwards has been corrected.
* An issue where the menu BGM was being played back during remote racing rather than the race BGM has been corrected.
* An issue of the program freezing when opening a garage containing nearly the maximum number of cars has been corrected.

To Check Your Current Version

To check the version of your software, press the "Manual" button at the bottom of the main menu screen. The version number will be located on the upper left of the index page.

If the number starts with "Ver. 1.10", you are playing the latest version of the game.

If not, please press PS button and quit the game. The game will be updated automatically when you restart it with your PS3™ connected to the internet.

MOD NOTE - And we now return you to MrMulsanne's original first post:

https://www.gtplanet.net/next-gt5-online-update-coming-later-tonight/

Woo-hoo! Hope this means the mid-race saves are ready, just in time for Le Mans...

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure hope so! I just started doing some of the endurance races and I really want to get both the 24 Hours done this month.

I haven't started the Endurance races for that simple reason. I really just don't want to leave my PS3 running for so long. Yes, I know they're made to do that. But no thanks.

So, according to the 11:00 PM EST, that will put the update around 8:00 PM AZ time.

I am trying not to get over excited here, but I am sure hopeful for something big.

another_jackhole - I am with you there. I'll have plenty to do when the in game race save feature arrives.

Mhh I have less hopes for inrace saves, I think it is not easy to program for Kaz and his team...

Also "online update" sounds not so good to me but we will see in a few hours :)

I'll check every 30 minutes! :)

The pursuit of lv40 will continue now! I'm at lv37... and 1 time champ of Le Mans 24h.

Also "online update" sounds not so good to me but we will see in a few hours :)

Online update means the updates we've been getting all along. 1.01 was the first online update, nay/yay? Even though online update 1.01 was to start the online for GT5 when it was released.

I'll check every 29 minutes. :) lol

I must be one of the few that thinks game saves mid race are cheesy and a waste of time. Time that could be invested into better features.

We need more cars relative to real world series. Better control over online lobbies.

Online update catered to offline game play is fail. IMHO

I must be one of the few that thinks game saves mid race are cheesy and a waste of time. Time that could be invested into better features.

We need more cars relative to real world series. Better control over online lobbies.

Online update catered to offline game play is fail. IMHO

It doesn't seem to hard to accomplish, I wouldn't think, so I don't know exactly how many resources would need to be expended.

I would like to see some increased online capabilities though.

The ability to form, and run, persistent, online racing series would be great... with event calendars, administrator determined prizes, penalties, standings, participant lists, etc...

Online update might be about online gameplay features, if not why the server manteinance scheduled for today? I'd love to see more and better filters for room selection/creation and leaderboards rather than matchmaking features, I really prefer to choose where to race by myself. Lets see tonight what happens.

Online update might be about online gameplay features, if not why the server manteinance scheduled for today?
I was thinking because of the online special event. So yea, exactly. 👍

I'd love to see more and better filters for room selection/creation and leaderboards rather than matchmaking features, I really prefer to choose where to race by myself. Lets see tonight what happens.
We ALL want that. lol

What I'd like to see in the next update:
- leveling of the physics system off-line and on-line with tire wear and fuel consumption being a part of, or at least an option, off line.
- More sophisticated and balanced tire modeling with shorter life for soft tires and longer life for hard tires.
- A fix or slider scale to adjust the slipstream to a more realistic level.
- FFWD and RRWD controls for replays.
- Save option for endurance races.
- A completely rewritten algorithm for the AI where they're actually competitive, don't brake 50m too early, don't brake mid-apex, they fight for position but don't close the door on you when you're ALREADY up along side them. And for goodness sakes, just make them FASTER! They're slow as molasses! Frankly ALL of the offline events and seasonal events aren't worth running unless you take a car that's 50~100pp less than the competition!
- A fix for the AI where they understand the difference between lapped cars and cars passing for position.
- A more sophisticated visual damage model with a much lower threshold. Smacking a wall head on at >30 kmh should do some serious damage. Smacking a wall head on at > 100 kmh should pretty much destroy the car.
- All tracks should have the ability to change time and add variable weather conditions, both online and offline.
- A revision to the course editor where we (1) actually have some control over the track and (2) they get rid of the horrible notion of corner over crest at every opportunity.
- A fix for online races where lapped cars finish their race the NEXT time they cross the finish line after the leader.
- A proper practice and qualifying system for off-line races.
- Monthly updates with 1 track and 5 cars, which will continue for the next 12~18 months until we have (a) Spa, Imola, Road America, Silverstone, Hockenheim, Mugello, Bathurst, Mont-Tremblant, Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve, Road Atlanta, etc, among others, and (b) many missing and desired premium cars, including premium versions of ALL LMP cars in the game, while adding, all classic Ferraris from Ferrari Challenge, as well as all current and past DTM and many FIA GT cars.
- an 'invite' system to the lobby.
- A spectator mode that can host up to 32 players. (I know, probably the most unrealistic of all requests).
- A fix to take away the time penalty for shifting with the H-pattern shifter using the G25/G27.
- A customized leaderboard system similar to Shift2 where you can set parameters and have anybody on your friend list participate.
- General leaderboards with 'stock' cars.
- Cars should actually, you know, get dirty during a long race. And ahh, STAY dirty until we wash them.
- A few general tweaks to the physics model at lower speeds and at times when the wheels and tires leave the ground.

What we'll probably get in the next update:
- One or two interesting features out of left field and a few random, minor bug fixes that we'll have to figure out on our own. And a few people every day claiming "They changed blah-blah-blah!" and others replying, "No, it was already like that!". :D

I swear that people set themselves up with rediculous expectations, just so that they can bitch about it when they don't appear.

What they need to do is putPermanent Leaderboards in the game.If they really want to keep people from migrating to Forza4 this feature is what is needed.People will be racing against friends to try to best there top time and garages could possibly have garage battles to see which garages tunes are better.Just this right here will make the replay value of this game go way up.

They do have the PP system now so it wouldn't be hard to set-up the leaderboards.

Now that's off my chest what i really hope is coming in this patch(since Permanent Leaderboards more than likely out of the question)is that we get the race save feature for those long endurance races.That would be a good feature as many people will finally be able to finish these races.

Please PD. Just add the things you promised. That's all I really want right now.

You're right! Yesterday when my wheel ripped my arm of, i couldn't feel anything, ... anymore !
;)

Mhh try supercar challenge or GTR2 on full force feedback settings...

I have the Fanatec GT3 maybe your wheel has some stronger ffb?

My Logitech G27 provides plenty of ForceFeedBack.

Amar, feel free to chime in with any advanced knowledge you may have about the update tonight.

Back