Update 1.10 (and 1.11) Undocumented Changes Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 579 comments
+ You still cant race normal cars on Kart Space @Ameer67

also, there is a slight change on VGT dealership POV camera. Its lower and also the VGT cars has its light on (Merc VGT has a nice touch)

I could be wrong because is don't drive it very often, but are there new yellow road markings on the Tarmac on Tokyo Route246?

also, there is a slight change on VGT dealership POV camera. Its lower and also the VGT cars has its light on (Merc VGT has a nice touch)

Just noticed this as well. Oddly the Nissan and Aston has the old camera view (level with the car) :odd:

I checked the [Notifications] menu and read a hotfix note about Mount Panorama:

"The following issue has been addressed:
-An issue wherein the game becomes unstable under certain circumstances when selecting Mount Panorama."

Can someone check online lobby & photomode please? I want to make a lobby with Bathurst, but I don't want to risk it...

Last edited:
I do not know anything, I simply asked that because Wax can read those files and 2GB+ looks too much for 2 cars and their movie-files.
Oh ok, and you're right this is a huge update, I think even bigger than the Senna update if I'm not mistaking.

I do not know anything, I simply asked that because Wax can read those files and 2GB+ looks too much for 2 cars and their movie-files.
Fingers crossed that we have something hidden within this update.
If anyone would find out, it would most certainly be Wax.

Fingers crossed that we have something hidden within this update.
If anyone would find out, it would most certainly be Wax.
Yeah, 2115 megabytes is way too much for two cars... Something was definitely added secretly.

Oh ok, and you're right this is a huge update, I think even bigger than the Senna update if I'm not mistaking.
v1.10 is without a doubt the biggest and the Senna Update included twice as much as v1.10 and I'm pretty sure the Senna Update had a few hidden things. So I wouldn't be too suprised if there is something hidden amongst this update but the question is... What is it?

v1.10 is without a doubt the biggest and the Senna Update included twice as much as v1.10 and I'm pretty sure the Senna Update had a few hidden things. So I wouldn't be too suprised if there is something hidden amongst this update but the question is... What is it?
DLC

To sort of add to the Red Bull Ring sky changes (I think that is what’s being talked about), I see on granturismo.com under the tracks tab (scroll down to the track list) that now the Red Bull Ring has Weather AND Time changes. I could have sworn it was labeled as Weather only before. I’m waiting the download to install so I can’t check, but to someone who can, what does it say in-game and can the time actually be changed?

To sort of add to the Red Bull Ring sky changes (I think that is what’s being talked about), I see on granturismo.com under the tracks tab (scroll down to the track list) that now the Red Bull Ring has Weather AND Time changes. I could have sworn it was labeled as Weather only before. I’m waiting the download to install so I can’t check, but to someone who can, what does it say in-game and can the time actually be changed?

I took a quick look on Practice screen and I see it only with Weather Changes...

Anyone suspect the Subaru VGT has something to do about the big download size? When checking the code of the past update, it's credential list was updated. I guess the model is slowly coming in.

The Ayrton Senna Tribute has a ton of 1080p HD photos, but covered only 1GB
HD pictures take up far less space than video files.

a 1920x1080 picture only takes up a couple hundred kb. Even GT6's 2x res when edited & saved only take up 2mb. PNG's would be a little larger, but not much.

the slideshows and the video which probably was a lot larger and longer than the 2 VGT videos combined.

But that wasn't video I believe. Whistle Snap found the coding and it looked to be just an audio track over top.

And a slideshow transition effect like it had wouldn't take up a ton of space imo.

HD pictures take up far less space than video files.

a 1920x1080 picture only takes up a couple hundred kb. Even GT6's 2x res when edited & saved only take up 2mb. PNG's would be a little larger, but not much.
And it had 3 cars - the Go Kart, the WSR and the Lotus. 2 little changes to 2 tracks (not sure how that was handled and how much space it took), the slideshows and the video which probably was a lot larger and longer than the 2 VGT videos combined.

Anyway.... @Whistle Snap will try to find out what's happening.

Did they fix the Aston One-77? The gear indicator was never displayed at all and the F430 also has this issue along with a blurry tachometer. GT5 never had this issue.

Back