Update 1.10 (and 1.11) Undocumented Changes Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 579 comments
Update 1.09 was 598Mb and included (among other things):

- Volkswagen Vision GT + heavy hd-video
- Red Bull Ring

Now, do the math ;)

So...

2 cars + 2 HD Videos + New number plates + other features = 2 gigs?

Hell, Windows Movie Maker puts out 500mb 1080p videos that are only 4 minutes long. I can only imangine what a proper video software would put out.

Basically, this is what I'm saying.

It's highly likely that these 2gigs are just the cars and videos. It's possible PD added something in too, but I doubt it.

FYI, They actually took out the coding for the GSR Miku Hatsune Z4.

But that wasn't video I believe. Whistle Snap found the coding and it looked to be just an audio track over top.

And a slideshow transition effect like it had wouldn't take up a ton of space imo.

I mean the Ayrton's Wish video :)

I'm guessing there were courtesy karts before? But you can't take cars to Kart Space, it's just a changed menu. Previously the tracks were blocked in the selection when you had a non-kart active, now it goes one step further for the arcade modes.

Jordan never liked my last post in the thread about the Zahara track... Just sayin:P
wat-meme.jpg

You do have a point. I forgot about that.

Either it must be streamed from somewhere, or a lower res... 21 minute video would be rather massive...

It's certainly not streamed. But we're clutching at straws here. We better wait for official news or for someone to check the files.

It's certainly not streamed. But we're clutching at straws here. We better wait for official news or for someone to check the files.
Update files are often quite compressed (hence the long install times for some of them) so it is almost impossible to tell. The format for GT6s videos might be highly compressible whereas their vehicle models might not be (or vica versa etc).

Until someone digs into the files we won't really know

Are GT6's updates compressed or something?

This is really the only thing I can think of with this double install bull:censored:

Taking 20+min to Download "Install" on the back PS screen, then another "Install" within GT6 it's self.

Answers that then.

You do have a point. I forgot about that.

Either it must be streamed from somewhere, or a lower res... 21 minute video would be rather massive...
Modern video and sound compression technology is pretty impressive. No reason to think one video in GT6 is different from another. The Senna videos can be viewed without an internet connection.
All of the evidence suggests there is a lot more to this update than meets the eye. It had been hinted that July's Update would be special. We'll likley see how special the next time the PS Store updates...

I dunno. I think they're just gonna keep it secret, or else they would of said "Hey, look!"

I just don't know. I'm not gonna go around thinking something amazing is hidden away, cause PD has a strong track record of dissapointing people.

But it really is odd with the VW VGT update including 3 new car models and a track, and it being roughly half the size of this.

Save us Whistle Snap, you're our only hope.

Sometimes a visit to the seasonals will fix that.
Otherwise try a full shut down (I also do network equip.) and restart.
Should fix it.

Restarted router, changed ethernet cable and port forwarded, still no fix. I'll try the seasonal thing, thanks.

The new Nissan sounds really good, why can't they put that electric motor wine onto the TS030 sound sample?

I don't think the server list problem is a 1.10 specific issue. I had this problem a couple of weeks ago and I did the whole reboot of every device, end user and network, and still the server list wouldn't populate. It's more likely a PSN/GT6 server issue. Overloaded with 2GB download requests most likely.

So...

2 cars + 2 HD Videos + New number plates + other features = 2 gigs?

Hell, Windows Movie Maker puts out 500mb 1080p videos that are only 4 minutes long. I can only imangine what a proper video software would put out.

Basically, this is what I'm saying.

It's highly likely that these 2gigs are just the cars and videos. It's possible PD added something in too, but I doubt it.

FYI, They actually took out the coding for the GSR Miku Hatsune Z4.

That thing was gonna be in the game? http://en.academic.ru/pictures/enwiki/83/Studie_GLAD_BMW_Z4_2008_Super_GT_qualifying.jpg
I'm sorry but that got me more pumped than the whole update!

Latest Posts

Back