Update 1.12/1.13 Undocumented Changes Thread

So is that the area under the grip curve is wider but the peak is lower? I generally don't feel a difference in tire behavior myself.
Yes :P

I guess I'd say that too me it seems that the curve is a bit wider since SH and up don't snap off the edge quite as violently as before. Who knows, maybe it is just me. I still prefer comforts.

Yes :P

I guess I'd say that too me it seems that the curve is a bit wider since SH and up don't snap off the edge quite as violently as before. Who knows, maybe it is just me. I still prefer comforts.

Oh, I wouldn't know since I only drive race cars on racing tires. But, making sports tires easier isn't I figured needing fixing or modifying. Very interesting.

Oh, I wouldn't know since I only drive race cars on racing tires. But, making sports tires easier isn't I figured needing fixing or modifying. Very interesting.

It's not making it easier, it's making grip loss more progressive like real tires. Thing with tires is when they have higher grip levels their loss of grip is that more extreme. Street tires have good grip for everyday driving but when pushed they gradually lose grip before total loss. Sport tires in GT were a bit too grippy as are the Race tires, they are fine tuning the grip levels for tires and I like it, I rarely drive any race cars and spend my time driving GT3 tuned street cars on Sport Hard tires and they are a joy to drive. Also Sierra is my new proving grounds, so much tire feedback especially lateral movement and wheel hop. Some things in GT are just so delicious, you can't help but play it again and again.

Not sure how new this is, but I've only noticed it since the recent update.
During replays, pressing the square button takes you to the live timing screen and pressing R1 cycles through the instrument/map overlays.

Has the avatar-driver always leaned into corners?

I only just noticed this when using the VW Sambabus and viewing the replay.

Has the avatar-driver always leaned into corners?

I only just noticed this when using the VW Sambabus and viewing the replay.
I'm not sure if it has always been like that, but it didn't come with 1.12 :)

One thing I've noticed is that my wheel (G27) is getting more centered upon calibration. Before 1.12 it would do the lock-to-lock-rotation and stop slightly uncentered. Now it stops exactly centered. Or is it just a way for the wheel to tell me it's about to die? ;) I bought it secondhand, and got worried that it was about to break when it didn't get centered, but I saw others that had the same issue. It's been working fine all the time though :)

One thing I've noticed is that my wheel (G27) is getting more centered upon calibration. Before 1.12 it would do the lock-to-lock-rotation and stop slightly uncentered. Now it stops exactly centered. Or is it just a way for the wheel to tell me it's about to die? ;) I bought it secondhand, and got worried that it was about to break when it didn't get centered, but I saw others that had the same issue. It's been working fine all the time though :)

While commentating at the Monza Grand Prix a few weeks ago Martin Brundle said after an incident when he was in F1 he had a hugely off centre wheel and was quite embarrased when he proceeded to get his best lap with it like that. Nothing like a slight problem to get the adrenaline pumping even faster.

I'm not sure if it has always been like that, but it didn't come with 1.12 :)

Off centre wheels is a common G27 issue. I returned my first one after 6 months because it would go progressively off centre lap after lap and I'd have to recalibrate after every race. Try to avoid the Redbulls and F1's to prolong the life of your wheel.

Off centre wheels is a common G27 issue. I returned my first one after 6 months because it would go progressively off centre lap after lap and I'd have to recalibrate after every race. Try to avoid the Redbulls and F1's to prolong the life of your wheel.

Yeah RB cars semi broke my DFGT. I don't know exactly what broke. It still works fine, but something on the inside cracked running 10FFB way before the current FFB tweak. If I push up from the bottom of the wheel it will move up about a half inch to an inch, but only when I physically push the wheel up, on the track driving it doesn't whooble or have any noticeable effect. I'm going to run this sucker down lol at least until I budget a better wheel.

Well, like I said. It's been working fine the whole time since I bought it, but upon calibration it hasn't centered. Now however, after the 1.12-update and hotfix, it centers perfectly 👍

What I'm asking is if it's because of the update/hotfix, or if it's just a sign of the wheel is about to die. Cause I've read that every G27 isn't getting centered upon calibration, but is working perfect when beeing used (like mine).

Not sure if it's new, but the AI can now use downloadable cars. Just did the 600pp racing car seasonal event & one of the AI vehicles was the Nissan GTR Nismo GT3 Team RJN.

Nope. Only for seasonal.

Actually, I can confirm this:

capture_20140924_161829-jpg.229539

Dont know if anybody's said this yet, but the Toyota TS030 now has a proper regenerative braking sound under deceleration w/brake pedal.

Just tried this and defiantely can hear it. Out curiousity since you mentioned this with the Nissan 2020, I decided to try this with some other Hybrid vehicles and so far, I find this same sound In the following cars:

Spoon CR-Z '08
Honda CR-Z Touring Car

Will start compiling a video example.

Attachments

• capture_20140924_161829.jpg
    capture_20140924_161829.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 60
I received an update at 10am 25/9 this morning in Australia(I already had the 1.12 update). I don't see anything about a hot fix.
Anyone else updated anything this morning?

I received an update at 10am 25/9 this morning in Australia(I already had the 1.12 update). I don't see anything about a hot fix.
Anyone else updated anything this morning?
it could've been a fix for the 700000Cr silver price at the new Monza seasonal. One zero too much, methinks, since gold is 160000Cr.

Not sure how new this is, but I've only noticed it since the recent update.
During replays, pressing the square button takes you to the live timing screen and pressing R1 cycles through the instrument/map overlays.

@Smuttysy Not sure if this is true as I haven't tested the R1 button out myself. I can confirm that when watching a replay hitting the square button will toggle between live timing window and the replay itself. Also zooming in to the target vehicle with triangle no longer works and you can also change views on selected target car by pressing the "select" button.

On a side note I experienced my console locked up when I tried the Sierra Circuit for the first time. Had to hard reset the console (triple-beep shutdown). It worked fine after reboot and cache cleared. Experiencing a lot of frame rate drops.

And I don't know if this is new or not but when searching for open lobbies you can "page" up or down the drop down lists (like track list) by using left/right D-Pad.

Edit: I can confirm what @Smuttysy mentioned about using R1 to cycle through the instrument/map overlays works.

Last edited:
Undocumented: when viewing replays in gallery, the music track does not change at the loop/restart.

Example: for a 30 second Kart Space replay that is not paused, any track would play for only 30 seconds, before. Now they play until end.

Undocumented: when viewing replays in gallery, the music track does not change at the loop/restart.

Example: for a 30 second Kart Space replay that is not paused, any track would play for only 30 seconds, before. Now they play until end.
Can someone else confirm this is new?

It's probably because the paint colors are more than just hue/saturation/brightness. Different paints have different levels of shine, different specularity, and many have different colors depending on the angle. Of course, it should be possible for PD to include these and allow custom colors, as Forza at least takes it into consideration without giving you complete freedom. But it's not as simple as just letting people adjust some sliders.

I've noticed in Forza you can't properly get certain colours. I love the way GT uses the paint chips. Another reason to play the game longer for me.

OP
- The power/torque curve for the Nissan VGT has been fixed/modified...... previous to the update the torque would not reduce inline with the power when using the limiter.

NISSAN CONCEPT 2020 Vision Gran Turismo (specs gotten by backtracking using online room restrictions)

615pp 591bhp / 1575kg -------------------- 1.12 changed -> 615pp 697bhp / 1575kg (without oil change)
616pp 621bhp / 1575kg -------------------- 1.12 changed -> 616pp 697bhp / 1575kg (with oil change)

I did a few test to determine if oil change was worth the 1pp:
Goodwood T1 (AT TCS1 full throtle from black screen launch)
615pp 4.937 , with KERS 4.891
616pp 4.860 , with KERS 4.797

SSRX T1 (AT full throttle from black screen launch)
615pp 54.386 , with KERS 53.898
616pp 54.385 , with KERS 53.815

I suppose this is an undocumented change since the specs of this car are undocumented to begin with. :lol:

I kept poking around for the past few days to see what else has changed. And I think it's worth mentioning that when playing in Online Quick Match now you can adjust the values on the "RA" menu (Real-Time Adjustment) while on track but not in Open Lobby where you would have to get off track and return to lobby to make adjustments. Has anyone else ran into that?

Last edited:
NISSAN CONCEPT 2020 Vision Gran Turismo (specs gotten by backtracking using online room restrictions)

615pp 591bhp / 1575kg -------------------- 1.12 changed -> 615pp 697bhp / 1575kg (without oil change)
616pp 621bhp / 1575kg -------------------- 1.12 changed -> 616pp 697bhp / 1575kg (with oil change)

I did a few test to determine if oil change was worth the 1pp:
Goodwood T1 (AT TCS1 full throtle from black screen launch)
615pp 4.937 , with KERS 4.891
616pp 4.860 , with KERS 4.797

SSRX T1 (AT full throttle from black screen launch)
615pp 54.386 , with KERS 53.898
616pp 54.385 , with KERS 53.815

I suppose this is an undocumented change since the specs of this car are undocumented to begin with. :lol:

What?! :eek: Is hybrid system also included in those 697 bhp?? It sounds like a lot of horsepower.

I kept poking around for the past few days to see what else has changed. And I think it's worth mentioning that when playing in Online Quick Match now you can adjust the values on the "RA" menu (Real-Time Adjustment) while on track but not in Open Lobby where you would have to get off track and return to lobby to make adjustments. Has anyone else ran into that?
Which wheel/controller were you using and what were you allowed to adjust? Can anyone else confirm this?

It's probably because the paint colors are more than just hue/saturation/brightness. Different paints have different levels of shine, different specularity, and many have different colors depending on the angle. Of course, it should be possible for PD to include these and allow custom colors, as Forza at least takes it into consideration without giving you complete freedom. But it's not as simple as just letting people adjust some sliders.
If you do any 3D modeling, there are many attributes you must select and define for any given surface. It's not just a color selector and a few radio buttons to choose metallic, pearl, matte and solid of the same color. Look at some of the many silver metallic paints you likely have and you'll see what I mean. They could be the same color, but one is shinier, the other has more deeply shaded areas, another will look duller while another will be very metallic. Pearlescent is even more difficult, because IRL pearl diffracts light through layers of semi-transparent pigment which gives a slight shimmer that is very tricky to simulate well. Tweaks have to be made to each color hue to ensure they still look pearl AND the correct color. The color shift paint is practically impossible for users to define or edit - it seems to me that there's a custom shader map involved here meaning that for each viewing angle and angle the light hits the surface, the color hue is changed. In case of the one PD polarized paint that map has 9 shades on it to make the car shimmer like a CD or an oil slick. If you gave people the freedom to create their own custom shaders you'd likely end up with cars that are shiny like chrome but change colors like polarized, but not sensibly but from green to bright orange and back to brown. I can't explain it, it would be just awful, and currently I have enough trouble staying online, and when I do, I drive my car without tire and/or engine sounds, so who really cares what color it is? I would much rather be able to paint my two-tone Huayra two other colors of my choice or repaint my yellow Nismo 400R a deep purple, but it won't let me do that.

VBR
The only thing that doesn't make sense here is your reply! I really don't understand where you're coming from or what you're trying to say.

:lol:
Everyone else got it. It's admittedly worded weird, sorry.

I meant to say that I think it's more important for realistic simulation to have the car behave like in reality, panels denting, ripping off, leaving tire ruts on the grass, scratches appearing in the location where impact happened and not on top of the roof, tires going and staying flat, shredding and coming off than having to have a win-loss ratio displayed correctly in the stats screen that only you can see anyway because there's no community tab. I called that cherry-picking which features are "arcade" and which are "sim". There could be such a thing as an ultra-real mode where a crash with enough force would end a driver's race or actually breaking wheels and wings off.

Many years ago I drove a simulator on the Commodore Amiga that used the Indianapolis track and indycars. In that game, if there was a collision, parts like tie rods and wheels, wings and body panels would scatter and cause you need to avoid them. It was a 16-bit game, so it wasn't a really good simulation, but it did some pretty good things trying to make the gamer feel like it was sophisticated. On the same system, F1 racing simulator had a multiplayer season option where you could select a series of F1 GP circuits with up to 8 human players in the field. Players would take turns qualifying, the AI records their "style" and whenever a player was racing, the other players' cars would be auto-driven by the AI. Then, after a set time or number of laps, the game would prompt the player to get ready for switch, put the car into autopilot and switch to the next player's car, giving everyone a chance to drive. That worked surprisingly well, IMO. And it suggests to me that the 38mph ghosted autodrive in GT is simply not necessary. They could at least try to keep SOME speed, like switching to B-spec for a bathroom break. Hitting START to pause online is so useless, you might as well retire from the race. That is the way they made the cookie crumble. If you don't like it, don't eat it, buy someone else's cookies.

BTW I do tend to overexplain things, in case you hadn't noticed. :D

Didn't find this tiny change mentioned yet:

When using a wheel set with sequential shifter (maybe others as well), you can't anymore just select reverse gear and keep driving backwards with your accelerator pedal.
Reversing is possible only when helding down the assigned digital button on the wheel.

Which sucks my big, muddy boots.

My heart's been crying ever since I found out this just now. (yeah, I'm a keen reverser..if that's a word)​

Apparently it was just my online session having a glitch.
I'm sorry, you can ignore this :)

Last edited:
If you do any 3D modeling, there are many attributes you must select and define for any given surface. It's not just a color selector and a few radio buttons to choose metallic, pearl, matte and solid of the same color. Look at some of the many silver metallic paints you likely have and you'll see what I mean. They could be the same color, but one is shinier, the other has more deeply shaded areas, another will look duller while another will be very metallic. Pearlescent is even more difficult, because IRL pearl diffracts light through layers of semi-transparent pigment which gives a slight shimmer that is very tricky to simulate well. Tweaks have to be made to each color hue to ensure they still look pearl AND the correct color. The color shift paint is practically impossible for users to define or edit - it seems to me that there's a custom shader map involved here meaning that for each viewing angle and angle the light hits the surface, the color hue is changed. In case of the one PD polarized paint that map has 9 shades on it to make the car shimmer like a CD or an oil slick. If you gave people the freedom to create their own custom shaders you'd likely end up with cars that are shiny like chrome but change colors like polarized, but not sensibly but from green to bright orange and back to brown. I can't explain it, it would be just awful, and currently I have enough trouble staying online, and when I do, I drive my car without tire and/or engine sounds, so who really cares what color it is? I would much rather be able to paint my two-tone Huayra two other colors of my choice or repaint my yellow Nismo 400R a deep purple, but it won't let me do that.

Everyone else got it. It's admittedly worded weird, sorry.

I meant to say that I think it's more important for realistic simulation to have the car behave like in reality, panels denting, ripping off, leaving tire ruts on the grass, scratches appearing in the location where impact happened and not on top of the roof, tires going and staying flat, shredding and coming off than having to have a win-loss ratio displayed correctly in the stats screen that only you can see anyway because there's no community tab. I called that cherry-picking which features are "arcade" and which are "sim". There could be such a thing as an ultra-real mode where a crash with enough force would end a driver's race or actually breaking wheels and wings off.

Many years ago I drove a simulator on the Commodore Amiga that used the Indianapolis track and indycars. In that game, if there was a collision, parts like tie rods and wheels, wings and body panels would scatter and cause you need to avoid them. It was a 16-bit game, so it wasn't a really good simulation, but it did some pretty good things trying to make the gamer feel like it was sophisticated. On the same system, F1 racing simulator had a multiplayer season option where you could select a series of F1 GP circuits with up to 8 human players in the field. Players would take turns qualifying, the AI records their "style" and whenever a player was racing, the other players' cars would be auto-driven by the AI. Then, after a set time or number of laps, the game would prompt the player to get ready for switch, put the car into autopilot and switch to the next player's car, giving everyone a chance to drive. That worked surprisingly well, IMO. And it suggests to me that the 38mph ghosted autodrive in GT is simply not necessary. They could at least try to keep SOME speed, like switching to B-spec for a bathroom break. Hitting START to pause online is so useless, you might as well retire from the race. That is the way they made the cookie crumble. If you don't like it, don't eat it, buy someone else's cookies.

BTW I do tend to overexplain things, in case you hadn't noticed. :D

Interesting reading, but has nothing to do with undocumented changes, sorry.

Back