Update 1.15 (589MB)

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 326 comments
11 hours? Wow, you must have potato internet.
Yeah, that's the struggle of the countryside! The Internet providers are like, we can get you 2mb/s here. And then they bring it in and it's super slow and they completely ignore our e-mails.

That's not PD's fault, though. What they could do is let us download the videos for VGTs in the PS store, but would that create more revenue? Nope...

Yeah, that's the struggle of the countryside! The Internet providers are like, we can get you 2mb/s here. And then they bring it in and it's super slow and they completely ignore our e-mails.

That's not PD's fault, though. What they could do is let us download the videos for VGTs in the PS store, but would that create more revenue? Nope...

It's a fair point - there's no need to bloat the update size with HD commercials (I mean videos). PD could just put them on YouTube and that would be good enough for me. I have yet to find myself logging into GT6 to be reminded how the Subaru VGT is inspired by a fish.

Downloading videos with a game update is ridiculous IMO, regardless of your internet speed. As @raven214 says above, Youtube is good enough, and throw it up in the PS Store for those that really want to download it.

Might be your phone line that's bad somewhere along your street, not so much the broadband provider...

That's usually the problem when you get less than what you're quoted.

Some ISP's will come out and check the line in your area and possibly fix any problems.

Might be your phone line that's bad somewhere along your street, not so much the broadband provider...

That's usually the problem when you get less than what you're quoted.

Some ISP's will come out and check the line in your area and possibly fix any problems.

I will do some research into that, thanks!

Pardon the off topic, but unless I have not been around the GT6 section enough, I haven't seen you arond in a LONG time! Craziness. Pretty sure we used to race way back in GT5: Prologue days...

We did have a lot of good times way back when. I do recall only seeing you for the first few turns before you vanished into the distance. LOL I play a lot of GT6, but I run under DudeTuna. Maybe KD will come back in GT7. LOL

Anybody else having issues after this update? Just having minor issues when retrying a lot of times in the seasonal event with the stratos..sometimes the ps3 hangs and i have to reboot it..but only in the seasonal event

Anybody else having issues after this update? Just having minor issues when retrying a lot of times in the seasonal event with the stratos..sometimes the ps3 hangs and i have to reboot it..but only in the seasonal event

It happened twice to me in the XJ13 seasonal. Triple beep and then restarts the console. I think I'm done with it,I got the gold so I guess I'll give up.

It has been happening in most events for me since update 1.12, if it has only just started to happen for you then all I can say is BAD LUCK FRIEND because it will spread to other events and offline mode and happen progressively more often and will not go away. I deleted the 'game data' and re-installed all updates only for it to be just the same as it was, so doing that does not change anything. :grumpy:

The best advice I can offer you or anyone else with these game freezes is to switch you PS3 output from 1080p down to 720p as a work around it. 👍
It seems that maybe my console just does not like to output these latest GT6 updates at 1080p and it causes it to lock up randomly, but so far is a bit more easy going at 720p.

They added more Christmas music? Such a jolly surprise~

What's pleasant is that I leave the game running during the holiday season, and my family and friends who come over love it, even asked me where I got it; I pointed to my copy of GT6 and some heads were scratched. (=^-ω-^=)

Loving the new VGT cars as usual; everyone's mileage is gonna vary on these, but I love the crazy concepts that come from the future with these new creations. Keep rockin' your stockings, PoDi~

Has this been brought up yet?

Attachments

• IMG_20141221_223512601.jpg
    IMG_20141221_223512601.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
It has been happening in most events for me since update 1.12, if it has only just started to happen for you then all I can say is BAD LUCK FRIEND because it will spread to other events and offline mode and happen progressively more often and will not go away. I deleted the 'game data' and re-installed all updates only for it to be just the same as it was, so doing that does not change anything. :grumpy:

The best advice I can offer you or anyone else with these game freezes is to switch you PS3 output from 1080p down to 720p as a work around it. 👍
It seems that maybe my console just does not like to output these latest GT6 updates at 1080p and it causes it to lock up randomly, but so far is a bit more easy going at 720p.

Well, i noticed that having the ps3 hooked up to an ethernet cable rather than using wifi seems to have solved the hang up issues

I wish PoDi remains realistic about effects of the weather in Gran Turismo 7.
For exemple, since I have a driving license, I've never seen a road that reflects the landscape like a mirror.

Weather in Driveclub, for a first, it's really not bad, but we can do better. We must find the right balance and in 60 fps. Here, lightning bolts is better in the Infiniti's trailer that Driveclub.

I'm sure PoDi will do better. They have nothing to prove on technique.

I have to disagree, its not "shopped". The two have nothing to do with each other or even look the same in shape, other than the fact that they are both lightning bolts. If these pictures are all you have to base your claims on, then you better come up with better proof.

Last edited:
To everyone talking about the weather at Sierra in the Infinty trailer, guess what: it's shopped. It just happens to look a bit too alike to the weather update in Driveclub.

"Driveclub"
View attachment 279287

"Gran Turismo"
View attachment 279289

What do you guys think?

Not "shopped", Its PD just using in-game assets with different effects as usual. Doesn't even look like the lightning in Driveclub so how the word can you suggest PD took it from Driveclub?

I wish PoDi remains realistic about effects of the weather in Gran Turismo 7.
For exemple, since I have a driving license, I've never seen a road that reflects the landscape like a mirror.

Weather in Driveclub, for a first, it's really not bad, but we can do better. We must find the right balance and in 60 fps. Here, lightning bolts is better in the Infiniti's trailer that Driveclub.

I'm sure PoDi will do better. They have nothing to prove on technique.

May happen, but it's extremely race and depends on line of sight.

But yes i prefer weather in gt6; it's very realistic and so is the light efects on bad weather, easily the bests around.

Back