Update 1.15 has ROOTED the wheel Force Feedback

It worked well on initial release. They just needed to leave it alone. Other games have it figured out on console, and this was good on release day. They've made it progressively worse since then.
As I said but in simple terms, two or three pieces of software conflicting will cause problems

I reckon it's just a glitch, not intentional.

My T-GT felt just like this when I first plugged my TH8A in last month... I commented on it at the time in another thread. It sorted itself out in the end, but the the reduction in torque felt the same.

Mine was set pretty low anyway, so maxing it out now doesn't feel too bad, but clearly there's something not right.

Hi guys, they are some options for the DD Pro:

PS4/PS5 mode (Blue) with the Maurice Böschen's setup: Great feedback with the road, bumps and lack of grip but very low FFB
Compatibility mode (Purple) with the setup recommended by fanatec: Great FFB but no feedback with the road and bumps or lack of grip like before the 1.15

The 1.15 improve the feedback with the track but doesn't manage well the FFB.

As I said but in simple terms, two or three pieces of software conflicting will cause problems
You're missing the point or being purposefully obtuse. They previously were not conflicting. They clearly don't have to conflict since it was working, and there's a very limited number of wheelbases to write and test for. They actively did something to mess it up. Instead of leaving it alone, they released two purposeful adjustments to FFB as per release notes. There was no need for that. Plenty of other games get it right and even do it better. It's not some impossible riddle to solve.

I know that prior to this update, my DD
Pro felt like this if I ever turned on the wheel BEFORE entering the game. Took me a while to figure that out (to the point that I wondered if people who complained about the handling were just turning on the wheel too soon) and hoped this was a similar quirk. No such luck as far as I can tell. Whilst it's not UNdrivable, there's little point using a wheel until they fix this. And by extension, little point playing if it means the wheel I payed a very signifant amount for sits unused while I complete the races on a controller.

My G29 is horrible now after the update. Floating all over the damn track and no feel at all.
Driving with a T-GT and the wheel feels spongy floaty and disconnected. There's no feeling whatsoever anymore even when maxing torque and sensitivity. Easily the worst update PD has put out for this game.

Why??

I think they don't have an internal quality control because this is unacceptable 🤬

G29 here. I'm at 4 torque and 5 sensitivity. Feels the same as before the update.
what were your settings before the update? I'm pretty sure PD lowered all the settings as there were no wheels that could handle max torq without clipping

You are not wrong, but the calculation for me is that 99% of the time things work as they should, so switching permanently to a controller to avoid the 1% of times things mess up would not make sense.

T300 user and I’m having no problems with feedback… actually I can feel the road better than before… when GT7 first came out the FB was the best… The previous update dulled out my wheel a bit.. but with this new update it actually feels better.

T300 user and I’m having no problems with feedback… actually I can feel the road better than before… when GT7 first came out the FB was the best… The previous update dulled out my wheel a bit.. but with this new update it actually feels better.
T300 isn’t affected

I'm of the same opinion. I just ran for about an hour in the Porsche...a car I know inside and out, and while my G29 feels overall the same as before, I am noticing little feelings I didn't notice before. Could be placebo, but either way feels decent on my end.

Sounds promising 😊

Back