Update 1.15 Undocumented Changes Thread

I don't know if this has been reported already but Chaparral 2X doesn't display Km/h, only mph.

On the interior view, correct? That's not really an unexpected thing, as some ingame cars, that come from countries where the imperial system is used, only display their speeds in mph even if you're using the metric system. The Chaparral, being an American car, uses the imperial system. I'd say that is normal.

On the interior view, correct? That's not really an unexpected thing, as some ingame cars, that come from countries where the imperial system is used, only display their speeds in mph even if you're using the metric system. The Chaparral, being an American car, uses the imperial system. I'd say that is normal.
Just about every american premium car displays MPH regardless of the units used in the HUD.

If i choose km/h i´d like to see this displayed regardless of the origin of the car.
Also the other way round, if i choose to display mph all displays should show my choice.

If i choose km/h i´d like to see this displayed regardless of the origin of the car.
Also the other way round, if i choose to display mph all displays should show my choice.
You can just put a custom gauge (in this case, speedometer) in your car and have it set to what you want unit wise.

They're fixed to certain top speeds and there are four options for the speedometer gauge.

Edit: Forgot to say that most, not all cars can have gauges.

Last edited:
I think I saw another undocumented update:
When you create an online room, the requirements in your connection bandwidth are higher: the recommended setting (on race quality and audio quality) depending on the number of players is lower - so this way the rooms will be less prone to connection errors.

When you create an online room, the requirements in your connection bandwidth are higher: the recommended setting (on race quality and audio quality) depending on the number of players is lower - so this way the rooms will be less prone to connection errors.

Interesting, perhaps a way to stabilize the online lobbies and end the constant disconnections that plague the same lobbies?

You can somehow join your friends' quick matches from the open lobby menu. FIrst, search by friends' rooms only. If one of your friends are in the quick match, you can see a room that has no room title and the room type is just set to Practice or "P". You are able to enter the room and the only thing you can basicaly do is to spectate the races. I'm not sure if it's a glitch.

This is a little bit confusing, but I'll try my best to explain it.

I was doing my usual money grind in the Redbull X Challenge and I noticed something different. At the beginning of races pre 1.15, the other Redbull cars would rev their engines from idle, to redline and then they would let it go back to idle. They would repeat this until the race began. Now in 1.15, the other Redbull's just bounce off the redline instead of revving like they did before. This is a minor detail, but it is something PD did without mentioning it in the patch notes.

Anyone else notice this before and after the update?

I noticed this posted elsewhere, but did it come from the update? It must have I would assume since there have been no hotfixes since. I wonder why it took a few days for anyone to notice.

I have the Christmas music, but still haven't updated to 1.15. I also noticed the Nutcracker music playing. I guess that's new. Unless someone can say otherwise. And it played when I ppwered up on the Sunday morning 21st.

I just entered the Red Bull race and all the cars bounce off the limiter at the start.

Last edited:
Don't think that was mentioned before and I'm not sure if "bug" isn't there since 1.01, but in "Cornergrat league" in nA (rally cars on Matterhorn tracks) designated tires are SS , but AI cars use SH (?) :eek:.

I can't check if this "bug" was present before , since I've reinstalled GT few days ago and deleted all my previous replays.

This is a little bit confusing, but I'll try my best to explain it.

I was doing my usual money grind in the Redbull X Challenge and I noticed something different. At the beginning of races pre 1.15, the other Redbull cars would rev their engines from idle, to redline and then they would let it go back to idle. They would repeat this until the race began. Now in 1.15, the other Redbull's just bounce off the redline instead of revving like they did before. This is a minor detail, but it is something PD did without mentioning it in the patch notes.
I'm 100% sure I noticed it after 1.14.

I have the Christmas music, but still haven't updated to 1.15. I also noticed the Nutcracker music playing. I guess that's new. Unless someone can say otherwise. And it played when I ppwered up on the Sunday morning 21st.

I just entered the Red Bull race and all the cars bounce off the limiter at the start.

I scrolled through all the music in the Gallery, and can't find any Christmas music. What should I be looking for?

I scrolled through all the music in the Gallery, and can't find any Christmas music. What should I be looking for?

It won't be listed there, it never was. But if you turn on your menu music with your PS3 date set to late December, on any version of GT5P, GT5 or GT6, it will play Christmas songs.

I don't know what's so difficult to grab about this, it's been like this for years without updates activating anything. Some people seem to expect everything is controlled by updates and hotfixes now.

It won't be listed there, it never was. But if you turn on your menu music with your PS3 date set to late December, on any version of GT5P, GT5 or GT6, it will play Christmas songs.

I don't know what's so difficult to grab about this, it's been like this for years without updates activating anything. Some people seem to expect everything is controlled by updates and hotfixes now.

Thanks for explaining this. I've almost never had background music turned on, which is why I had difficulty understanding what was happening.

I do have a replay from one of the races prior to 1.14 so I can try to see for myself.

Do you know how many people HAVEN'T played Gran Turismo FOR YEARS, unlike yourself? Many, many people on this forum are new to the franchise with GT6 - I am one of them. Not everybody knows the entire history of Gran Turismo.

Do you know how many people HAVEN'T played Gran Turismo FOR YEARS, unlike yourself? Many, many people on this forum are new to the franchise with GT6 - I am one of them. Not everybody knows the entire history of Gran Turismo.

No need to get upset, you didn't even post about the Christmas music. That remark was aimed at forum members with well over 1,000, respectively 10,000 posts on this forum, who could be expected to have at least played GT6 last year, when the same Christmas music played on the same days in December.

Back