Update 1.21 Released

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 1,542 comments

Considering the wait, are you happy with how the finished product appears to look?

• Total voters
Who actually owns a tablet? I can't really tell if it's an oversized phone or a laptop without a physical keyboard...

Either way, pretty pointless invention considering what we already have.

PD won't limit the CM to tablets, not even sure that's possible an app is an app right? If it's on the store and you have the latest software version what's stopping it from working?

Who actually owns a tablet? ?

oh I don't know...more than the number who own a PS3? I've owned an Ipad Mini and 2 Ipads over the past few years. They are real nice devices for a lot of general purposes and I can see how they'd be much much better for track designing than a PS3...

Who actually owns a tablet? I can't really tell if it's an oversized phone or a laptop without a physical keyboard...

PD won't limit the CM to tablets, not even sure that's possible an app is an app right? If it's on the store and you have the latest software version what's stopping it from working?
I do, and it's kinda both.

And yes, you can limit apps to tablets. There's an app called Road Inc. and that's for iPad only.

I hope you're right, I'm really confused about all that, the news says "full details" and nowhere it says that we'll be able to make it from the game or a smart phone, it only talks about tablets.

I feel the same way. I have had an Android tablet in the past, but I don't have it anymore, as I find it kind of useless. I have a laptop to do my daily stuff, entertainment, games and production (for example some small CAD projects). I use my phone (WindowsPhone) as a phone, communication device, to send small emails with and to rapidly look something up on the internet. There is no place in my world for a tablet.

Really? How do you know this good sir?

Anyway, as another user said, we can use BlueStacks to run any apps from our PC without need of a tablet/phone so...

a quick google search tells me about 80 million PS3s have been sold, while something like 200 million Ipads have been...

yeah...that's why I said it looks like it will be better than I thought. We'll see just how much better. I still bet it'll be somewhat limited and restrictive. I mean there's lots of courses in the game already - I don't really need another dozen, hundred, thousand - none of which are any better than any of the tracks that are already in the game.
Well, thats what you think...

I cant get enough of tracks... and cars. I'd have 10000 cars and 10000 tracks if it was possible. Now we have the possiblity to have 10000 tracks, which is great.
Sadly a "car maker" is unrealistic and not expected.

ITS ABOUT DAMN TIME!! Finally. Fairly satisfied with the abilities. We can draw our own courses, right? Or is it random gen? Or both?

Aren't there Android Emulators that you can run on a desktop PC ? I wonder if the track designing app would run on one of those ? Would there even be benefits to using the app on a PC, over a tablet ? Or even if there isn't really any benefits over a tablet, it might be useful for all the forum members out there who don't own a tablet ?

I found this link for Android emulators for PC, but have no idea if it's useful to anyone, but i'll post it anyway:

http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/run-android-apps-on-pc

Not really for reasons specified by @SlipZtrEm

Also, I happen to own a Tablet (Along with two Laptops) and it hasn't exactly been unless for me. Its something that's in between a phone and laptop and that's good enough for me.

BlueStacks and BlueStacks won't support it Andy OS will take care of any Tablet issues, so I'm satisfied.
Placing objects kinda beats any expectations I had.

Back