Update 1.32 (January Update) Now Available - 8 Cars and SS Route X

• Thread starter Tomsoft
  • 850 comments
December is a slow, unproductive month in most every office I know. You have holidays, vacation time, all the festivities. PD is not immune. They did pretty good.

As far as the track is concerned, yes it’s race worthy. TCS mastery is now not a factor so I’d imagine it will scare some people. Without any assists, we may see a DR D neck and neck with an A.

Of course with BOP set, races will transform into a one make within its first few hours. So long as we can see the top ten Q times.

So finally got home and updated the game and man the Porsche is great to drive overall. Did a one make race around the Nordschleife and it was a pleasant experience.

Thanks PD! :)
20190117184839.jpg

This content is free. Some updates are better than others. One mans joy is another man's pain as they say. I personally love the test track, because it does what it says on the tin. It's a place you can find out how much you can squeeze out of a car and it actually gives you accurate acceleration and top speed figures. No doubt on the next update we will get more tracks and cars but GT sport is in it for the long haul so I like this trickle of new content, as it keeps things interesting! I've been playing GT series games since 1998 and I have never been let down, otherwise, I would be playing another racing title by now.

Last edited:
SSRX?! Really? A 30km oval? An oval that is even longer than the Nordschleife? reaching speeds over 600kph? What next? A looping?

If it's to attract certain kind of players, then might as well include neon lights underneath the cars for the next update...

Thank God PD still has great taste in cars. The cars don't disappoint me though!

Me: Hey, TVR would be a nice car for Premium Sports Lounge

*priced at 95.000 Cr*

Me: AH COME ON, REALLY!?

Other than that, car-wise, the update is great. Track is kinda mediocre for me, but still

P.S. I think Ferrari Dino has the widest colour choice of all the cars in GTS. Anyone can confirm?
Yeah, just add it to the list of "Almost made it"(Viper GTS '02, NSX Type R, etc).

The ITR. Just awesome. Watching it at Tsukuba in my replays. Sounds so good. Bought another one for Real Circuit Tours, just to have the red seats when I change the exterior color.

Took the Z to tune for Gr.4 Custom Races.
IMG_6369.JPG

Really missing the 370Z for its wider tyres. Tuned in power, weight(382/1346) and gearing, using the Genesis Gr.4(384/1350) as a template, I've been 1.1 seconds slower in the Z. I'd say lack of downforce is the main hinderance. Still, lovely exhaust note and pretty quick.

From behind the wheel of the Z8, feels like I was driving a boat in the ocean. The steering wheel design and gauges in the center, just feel like I'm cruising to Monaco.
Gotta say, at the Nurb TT, it's got susspension dampers like the Gr.4 RC F. Smoothest rides in the game.
Engine sounds good and shifts nicely. Didn't max out revs the whole lap. Just drove it swiftly in its stock SH tyres. Looks good in replays at 10AM. Cloudy.

My little brown Dino. Such good fun around Catalunya. Quick shifting. Keep steering smooth and it's like a robust A110. Beautiful car.

3:03.518 around Mount Panorama in the 356. All I have to type is "stability". Solid like a rock. Easier to drive than an S660. 7000rpm down Conrod and just sweet under brakes. I didn't even blink at spending the 1.2mil. It's a keeper for virtual historical value.

Next was the TVR. Not much to say about it. Big power - Light weight = Weapon.

Took a proper track ride at Interlago, in the GT350. Quick, corners good and makes good noise. I thought we'd get the 350R, but this will do for now.
At least I'll be able to fight a bit more with top speed, in the Nostalgic races.

Going to be a while before I get the Aston. So far, for me, Car of Update 1.32 goes to:

Integra Type R
IMG_6370.JPG

The only reason I could think of as to why PD added Route X and persisted on "being lazy by bringing back old cars" (despite said old cars being remodeled from scratch and not simply being remastered, which has been stated a thousand 🤬 times or so) is because they didn't want to alienate the old guard. Yes, this is an e-sports title (deal with it), it has been explained and made clear by PD hundreds of times that this will focus on e-sports (deal with it), but PD wanted you to feel that this is still a Gran Turismo game, despite being clearly a spin-off.

I'm actually troubled by the fact that, because this is an e-sports title certified by the FIA, we haven't been getting more official GT3 and GT4 race cars. I have no idea what's going on in both PD and FIA headquarters, but I'm hoping that when they do drop in Spa, it will come with said race cars that are more appropriate to the focus of the game.
The vast majority of updates to this game have been about everything EXCEPT Sport mode. How about you deal with it.

I like every car in this update. Not for one second would I have seen Route X coming back. Positive 1. It is a returning track. 2. It is different to any other track in the game 3. I'm out of positives.

And the game crashed when I accessed the new Aston Martin. :banghead:

Shelby G.T.350 '65
400,000 Cr.

Aston Martin DB3S CN.1 '53
10,000,000 Cr.

TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
95,000 Cr.

BMW Z8 '01
166,000 Cr.

Porsche 356 A/1500 GS GT Carrera Speedster '56
1,200,000 Cr.

Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71 (Sooooooo many paint options. Had to go with Rosso Dino, of course!)
500,000 Cr.

Nissan Fairlady Z Version S '07
36,300 Cr.

Honda Integra Type R '98
23,600 Cr.

Quick test , all the cars are greats , The porsche and Honda integra are above the rest talking about driving feeling. Fantastic job PD.

For the physics , in my opinion they only change the tires or tyres physics. At least one behavior.
The lost of grip when passing over the tires when drifting or spinning due to excess of power on a given compound is only the half of what it was before +-
The result is much more realistic and fun to control , when your rear end fall smoothly on a certain slip angle , you have more feel to countersteer and modulate the accel pedal to control your drift or dynamic driving line . I'm not a drifter and i will let the description of higher angles for who know about it.

Perfect in my opinion, i've seen also a blue collor on the cold front tires of the porsche , driving around route x . You need to strech them a lot to recover the uncolored normal temperature.

Great update.

They changed the physics AGAIN? Meaning my time trials are now USELESS? If that's the case, I'm going to lose my mind :ill:
yes they did
8. Physics Simulation Model
 - The handling behavior of the cars have been adjusted.
 - With this update of a car's physics simulation model, the rankings of Driving School, Mission Challenge, and Circuit Experience have been reset. (This will not affect a player's level progression).

Have you driven a car with TCS off in the game, from a standstill?

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass... it depends on what you're looking to test though... your ability, or the cars. If all it takes is mash the button and you get a consistent start every time then you may as well just use TCS. If it's your ability at launching and drag racing then the fact it's a bit rubbish then that is surely part of the challenge (albeit still a bit of a pain).

Is the interior camera supposed to shake so much when driving on SSRX? I can't tell whether it's a feature of the track surface or some graphical bug.
Same effect on the glitched custom track on GT6.

Maybe the track is too large? Take that as you will.

TVR not being 100k is a pity but can't complain much.
Have to say though i wasn't expecting to somehow being amazed by ssrx.

I am not expert on cars, top speed and all but learning which car works in the GT League VGT Amateur race was nice.
The Zagato is well built for it due to the shape/power/weight.

Back